Thread: has anyone ever noticed...

Default has anyone ever noticed...

has anyone ever noticed that on kingdom hearts aeris is in it. you see, i would like to hear your thoughts on this because (big spoiler for people who havnt completed final fantasy 7) she is dead, on kingdom hearts is she a clone?

and another thing, why has her name changed, in ff7 it was aeris but in kh it is aerith.

i dont know if this is a total n00b question or i sound stupid but can i hear some of your thoughts please.

Yes, people have noticed. Everyone's noticed. The thing is, the characters in KH have nothing to do with their FF counterparts (as evidenced by the fact that Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus are living together as kids). In KHs, Aerith never died. So there are no continuity issues, and we can go on to something else, ok?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

How can anyone not notice that she's there, she pops up in the beginning and is present quite often.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It's a completly different story. Proof?
    -Selphie and Squall are completly different ages and do not know eachother. There's no way the events of VIII could have happened given these facts.
    -Squall, Cloud, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid all are from the same world, and that world is not Gaia of VII
    -Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie grow up together, which negates the Dream Zanarkand facts of Tidus, and the fact that in X, Wakka grew up with Lulu and Yuna, and his brother Chappu.

Also, they didnt change her name, they merely fixed it to the correct translation, though the pronunciation remains unchanged.

Hope that helped.

Yes as had been said, the characters from FF in KH have nothing to do with the FF storyline. Square took there characters and put them in a different setting, storyline and world.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Yes, people have noticed. Everyone's noticed. The thing is, the characters in KH have nothing to do with their FF counterparts (as evidenced by the fact that Selphie, Wakka, and Tidus are living together as kids). In KHs, Aerith never died. So there are no continuity issues, and we can go on to something else, ok?
    thtz all i have to say..... (really

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

but if they have nothing to do with their ff counterparts, what about at the end when cloud and Aerith... erm... look at each other... in that way? that cant be a coincidence surely

OMGZ IM BACK!1!!11!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

They still, clearly, have the names and personalities that they originally had. They are, however, from different storylines.

As for 'that way', it's however you interpret it. She looks at him. He looks away. The end.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I was like OMG get away from me zombie!
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

For arguments sake, lets jus say that sora's key thing opened up a space time continium-majig and everything went abit upside down.....and then they all forgot it....coz i get the feeling you wont be hearing cloud talking about his misadventures in advent children
    :mario:Ted with a Gun

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It is NOT the same storyline. It's taking familiar characters and putting them in the same storyline. Cloud wont be speaking of it because it never happened for the Cloud of that storyline.

Oh, and the keyblade time/space thing doesnt make any sense, because Ansem was already travelling worlds before that, and Ansem was from the same world as a big chunk of the FF characters, and Sora grew up with the others. And also, wouldnt it scramble the Disney worlds as well? Doesnt fit.
    Last edited by TheAbominatrix; 07-23-2005 at 02:22 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Aeris in KH has as much to do with the one in FFVII as Donald Duck in KH has to do with the one in Duck Tales. Completely different stories.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

way to go chap, for picking up like, the fifty thousandth non-story line following quirk in Kingdom hearts. the whole GAME is based on characters not being in their stories right. If they were, Malificent would be dead, Beast wouldn't be a beast, Wendy would be safely tucked in her bed in london, Monstro would be in a freaking ocean, The Little Mermaid would have Feet and the Professor in Halloweentown would have tossed sally on her arse in favor of a 1920's style clone of himself with boobs. it is safely established that Kingdom Hearts does not have to follow any story line but kingdom hearts.