View Poll Results: Which one of these theories fitīs the storyline best?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ulti=Julia

1 2.17%
  • Ulti=Edea

1 2.17%
  • U=R

8 17.39%
  • Laguna and Raine were Squallīs fathers.

36 78.26%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Which of these theories fit better the storyline?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    Hope reddragon was not being sarcastic.

I was a proponent of L+R=S until yesterday.
    Today I noted that Squall could be Irvine+Selphieīs son.

Ulti=Edea and Ulti=Julia was separated because the demonstrations were different.
    Hey dude, you just dun learn do you? Whenever we point out something amiss you just quickly change it to cover it up, Why can't you just make up your mind and post everything at one shot instead of changing it here and there and if isn't complete, dun post it till you are done.

Hope reddragon was not being sarcastic.

I was a proponent of L+R=S until yesterday.
    Today I noted that Squall could be Irvine+Selphieīs son.

Ulti=Edea and Ulti=Julia was separated because the demonstrations were different.
    No they couldnt. Irvine and Selphie are the same age as Squall and never time travelled. The game never suggests they did so they didnt. And typical of you, you're suggesting that just because something possible (keeping in mind it isnt) that its more likely than what the game suggests.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think Bahamut=Selphie. I call it the BS theory.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Are you serious or being sarcastic?
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Are you serious or being sarcastic?
    He's obviously being sarcastic. "BS" is a play on "Bull[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]," Future.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

i dont see why people kept picking knew last one. everybody knows laguna and raine were squalls parents. and why doesnt it just say fathers?
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Future Esthar isn't a native to english. He didn't realize there's a difference between "faters" and "parents". And in the beginning of this thread you mentioned that these aren't your theories. Why argue for or against them? And why the heck pick the one to argue against that's most widely supported? Laguna is Squall's father. Rinoa and Ellone are seperate human entities. Neither of them are robots. I don't know where you come up with this kinda stuff. Irvine and Selphie?! Even if they do get hip and end up having a kid in the future, in order for it to be Squall they woulda had to send it to the past (or rather, the present, in the game). But why would they do that? And what would Laguna know about it? Why would he want to talk to Squall so badly at the end? Aside from compressed time screwing everything up, most of FF8 is very straight forward. Its one of the least confusing plots of the series. Why try to make up insane theories about this game when there's still questions going on for FF7, and 6 even, and probably previous ones. Gah, I'm sorry, but everytime I see a FF8 thread made my Future Esthar I can always expect a lot of garbage to be spewed T_T Why? Where are you getting these ideas from @_@ I'd love to see inside your head.

for some people who think rinoa is ultimecia theory is true im tellin u its whack.
    first of all if ultemicia is from the future and u go to the future to fight her and u KILL her. then shes dead. if r=u then that means even if it was her from the future she
    should drop dead when u kill ultimecia. what does this theory tell u that when rinoa dies
    she kills herself in the future??????? come on people were smarter than that.

To say Rinoa is Ulti is to deny what the game had tell us.
    The game tells that Ulti lives many generations ahead of our time.
    So unless you donīt believe the game script Rinoa cannot be Ulti.
    Even if she donīt age.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

You seem to constantly contradict yourself...

Irvine+Selphie = Squall is going against what the game told us. All your theories go against what the game tells us.

Yet, here you are telling us that something, that many people believe to be true, not just one person, that it goes against what the game tells us.

Even if she donīt age.
    Yes as has been said your contradicting yourself as the script is what the characters speak and you're the person who ignores random pieces of script to support theories even if theres no reason to see that oarticular script piece as a lie.
    Just for conversation an argued point with R=U is that if Rinoa had no one to pass her powers onto then she would not be able to die.

Even if she donīt age.
    Well then why DON'T you believe it? You're the one who doesn't believe the game script. And I hate to ask but how would it be impossible even if they don't age?

Doesn't anyone else find it funny that he's gone beyond the point of even believing the R=U theory??? I mean, people thought that that was crazy, but... Future's got even better ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Just for conversation an argued point with R=U is that if Rinoa had no one to pass her powers onto then she would not be able to die.
    I thought they just wouldn't be able to die peacefully... That is the only part I remember about sorceresses dying so I may be wrong.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Even if she donīt age.
    Not this riddles again aren't you?

Are you trying to say this can be apply to your theory of Ulti = Edea & Ulit = Julia and all those fancy stuff since ppl dun believe that Ulti live many generations ahead of their time like told by the game?

In summary, you are trying to tell people they are contradicting with themselves since they can accept R=U but not U=E=J which also said that they themselves also dun believe in the game script by doing this?

Nice try, dude but correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yuna_elena
    Irvine+Selphie = Squall is going against what the game told us. All your theories go against what the game tells us.
    Maybe I should explain this. Future stated that "X" which I claimed to be Hyne/Yu Yevon compressed the FF VIII time and brought all the cast from different time into the same time without them knowing it. So Edea might live 20 years or so before Rinoa time and Quistis live 20 years after Rinoa's time and the list goes on and trust me, you won't want to know the family tree that he said which is the true bloodline relation of all FF VIII main characters.

If that case Adel can't die since she have no one to pass her powers to. So like sparkie said, they just can't die in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns
    If that case Adel can't die since she have no one to pass her powers to. So like sparkie said, they just can't die in peace.
    Um, Adel passed her powers on to Rinoa. I'm not sure how you missed that bit...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns
    Um, Adel passed her powers on to Rinoa. I'm not sure how you missed that bit...
    She died and her body disintegrated, and then her powers passed to Rinoa. The Witch Embodiment didn't actually leave her body until it was destroyed, which is quite different from what we see Ultimecia doing when she gives up her powers to Edea and then disintegrates.

Passing it on is only stated to let a Witch die in peace, not to make it possible for a Witch to die.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke