View Poll Results: Which one of these theories fitīs the storyline best?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ulti=Julia

1 2.17%
  • Ulti=Edea

1 2.17%
  • U=R

8 17.39%
  • Laguna and Raine were Squallīs fathers.

36 78.26%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Which of these theories fit better the storyline?

laguna and raine could be squalls parents as there is a slight hint to it when you get the ragnorock and accpet the mission from Laguna but then again it could just be that squall's parents knew Laguna and Co.

Exactly.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

There's more than a slight hint that Laguna and Raine are Squalls parents. In fact, it's bascially proven beyond a shadow of doubt. Here are all things that back it up:

1) Laguna = Lagoon. Raine = Rain. Squall = Brief windstorm, usually with snow or rain.

All these names are connected, they are all to do with water.

2) Raine and Laguna had a child together. That child was sent to the orphanage

The children in the orphanage at that time were as we all know, Squall, Seifer, Ellone, Quistis, Zell, Irvine and Selphie.

Ellone is the adoptive sister to that newborn child, and spends a significant part of her life trying to get Laguna back to Raine and this child.

Coincidentally, who is the one person in the orphanage who Ellone is closely attached to? Squall.

Also notice how none of the other children are paid attention to at all when it comes to this plot question, and seeing as how it is a very relevant part of the game, you'd think Square didn't just decide to drop it completely.

3) In the Ragnarok, Laguna tellls Squall that "Ellone has told me everything" and "We'll talk when this is all over".

Since Ellone had just stopped her quest to get Laguna to see his newborn child, one would expect her to tell all about the child to Laguna, and it seems rather farfetched that she refused to give him the true identity.

This would also have been basically the most important thing Ellone would tell Laguna, so it seems plausible that he is going to talk to Squall on the same issue.

4) Talk to Kiros and Ward in the Ragnarok, and Ward will say "Good thing you don't look like your father" in a joking manner,
    Kiros says "you look more like your mother".

Kiros and Ward know the parents, and the father well enough to make fun of him jokingly.
    Who fits into this description then?

5) The tutorial tells us that Moombas recognize people by licking their blood.

In jail, a Moomba calls Squall "Laguna" many times. This means Squalls blood was so similar to Lagunas that it fooled the Moomba.

That kind of scene isn't just put in there for randomness, nor to prove that Moombas are mentally unstable.

6) This final point isn't a very good argument, but it fits in neatly if we assume Laguna is Squalls father:

Laguna has Squalls card.

Convinced.I always was a preponent of LRS.
    I realized LRS myself before even see it on the internet.
    I just canīt make my mind up on the Centra dinasty.
    Yesterday I had different thoughts on Squallīs parents.
    But now I am convinced back.

But I must say Julia=Ulti is equally plausible as I shown.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut
    There's more than a slight hint that Laguna and Raine are Squalls parents. In fact, it's bascially proven beyond a shadow of doubt. Here are all things that back it up:

1) Laguna = Lagoon. Raine = Rain. Squall = Brief windstorm, usually with snow or rain.

All these names are connected, they are all to do with water.

2) Raine and Laguna had a child together. That child was sent to the orphanage

The children in the orphanage at that time were as we all know, Squall, Seifer, Ellone, Quistis, Zell, Irvine and Selphie.

Ellone is the adoptive sister to that newborn child, and spends a significant part of her life trying to get Laguna back to Raine and this child.

Coincidentally, who is the one person in the orphanage who Ellone is closely attached to? Squall.

Also notice how none of the other children are paid attention to at all when it comes to this plot question, and seeing as how it is a very relevant part of the game, you'd think Square didn't just decide to drop it completely.

3) In the Ragnarok, Laguna tellls Squall that "Ellone has told me everything" and "We'll talk when this is all over".

Since Ellone had just stopped her quest to get Laguna to see his newborn child, one would expect her to tell all about the child to Laguna, and it seems rather farfetched that she refused to give him the true identity.

This would also have been basically the most important thing Ellone would tell Laguna, so it seems plausible that he is going to talk to Squall on the same issue.

4) Talk to Kiros and Ward in the Ragnarok, and Ward will say "Good thing you don't look like your father" in a joking manner,
    Kiros says "you look more like your mother".

Kiros and Ward know the parents, and the father well enough to make fun of him jokingly.
    Who fits into this description then?

5) The tutorial tells us that Moombas recognize people by licking their blood.

In jail, a Moomba calls Squall "Laguna" many times. This means Squalls blood was so similar to Lagunas that it fooled the Moomba.

That kind of scene isn't just put in there for randomness, nor to prove that Moombas are mentally unstable.

6) This final point isn't a very good argument, but it fits in neatly if we assume Laguna is Squalls father:

Laguna has Squalls card.
    This is your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    But I must say Julia=Ulti is equally plausible as I shown.
    And this is your brain on drugs.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Did you even saw my argument Crazybayman?

Regards,
    Big D

Playing the game is alot more effective than reading your arguments. Rinoa tells that her mother died when she was young. There was no indication that General Caraway attacked Julia or hurt her in anyway. The game doesnt entertain the idea so it didnt happen.

Of course I did.

Believe it or not, I have read ALL of your posts on these topics.

I still contend that they are all ridiculous (no offense) because you've decided to dream up certain little things because you weren't told otherwise.

Such as:

Caraway killed Julia - how on earth did you dream that up? Noone said that Caraway killed Julia, but noone said he didn't, either.

Ditto for the main cast being Propagators

likewise for the rest of your points.

All your "theories" are still way off base. Say for instance I decided to make the following assumptions:

*Cid is actually Satan

*Fujin is a crack-whore

*the Mansion-owner in Winhill is really Irvine's father.

Of course there's no proof that they aren't true, but there is no reason to believe these preposterous things, because they have NOTHING to do with the storyline.

Same goes for ALL of your theories.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

The game basically says Julia is Ulti with these things we saw in the castle.
    I donīt invented this theory.
    This theory was based on game events.

Regards,
    Big D

Bull.

Dude, that's entirely based on YOUR interpretation of the painting, the piano and the red dress. The game does not say that at all. Not through a painting, an organ, a red dress, or anything.

Everyone can have different interpretations of the painting.

Lots of people dress in red, and lots of people play an organ. Especially in the age of Ulti's castle, which obviously is going with a medieval theme, an organ would have been a typical piece of furniture musical instrument.

Plus, an organ is different from a piano. Just because Julia plays a piano and dresses in red in the Laguna scene, doesn't mean she will turn into a sorceress, dress in red and play an organ.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Ok,itīs a question of interpretation.
    But in the world of FF8 Julia is the only IMPORTANT character that dresses in red and plays a piano-like instrument.
    Ulti is also an IMPORTANT character,dresses on red plays a piano-type instrument and the true color of her hair is black.I know that since she was painted on the gallery.
    Thatīs it.
    There were two ways of information on the game.Graphical considerations and script.
    If they contradict each other then at least one of them must be lying.One has to decide to believe one or the other.But both sources of information are equally valid.

By the way,we never see Julia dying do we?

Regards,
    Big D

Ok,itīs a question of interpretation.
    But in the world of FF8 Julia is the only IMPORTANT character that dresses in red and plays a piano-like instrument.
    Ulti is also an IMPORTANT character,dresses on red plays a piano-type instrument and the true color of her hair is black.I know that since she was painted on the gallery.
    Julias not that important a character and theres no reason to see the lady in red in Ultimecias gallery is a portrait of Ultimecia.
    There were two ways of information on the game.Graphical considerations and script.
    If they contradict each other then at least one of them must be lying.One has to decide to believe one or the other.But both sources of information are equally valid.
    I dont know if I agree with that but again. Its never been suggested that the portrait in the art gallery is Ultimecia herself.

By the way,we never see Julia dying do we?
    I hope you have the decency to not consider that an argument for the theory.

I hope you have the decency to not consider that an argument for the theory.
    You clearly don't know Future that well.

No,I will not use that as an argument.

Its never been suggested that the portrait in the art gallery is Ultimecia herself.
    Friend I had questions to you.They were just questions.
    1-Isnīt Ultimecia the queen of her Castle?
    2-Didnīt she dresses in red?
    3-Didnīt queens paint themselves for proud?

Answer them directly please.

Regards,
    Big D

1-Isnīt Ultimecia the queen of her Castle?
    yup.
    2-Didnīt she dresses in red?
    Not in particular. There were parts of her outfit that were red but it wasnt at all similar to Julias. Rinoa and Zone both were blue. They both have black hair too. Coincidence? I think not.
    3-Didnīt queens paint themselves for proud?
    No not particularly. Theyre famous so theres often a portrait sometime in there life time but theres no reason to see that painting as Ultimecias portrait. No reason at all.