Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: OMFG!!!!

well, i played thru last night all the way into memoria just before trance kuja (fought deathguise, then broke out), and I went back to treno to get the excalibur for steiner.... leveled up a bit more, then attempted Ozma......

needless to say i'm still too weak.... all my characters are above level 70.... what the heck am i doing wrong?

but it seems i managed to do everything without stiltskin's assistance.... my 4 characters are Zidane, Steiner, Amarant and Dagger..... I equipped everyone with shadow damage inhibitors.... i don't know what else to do.... i guess i'll go fight more yans or something.....

I don't know if someone answered this already or not, but after you're escape from terra and you go back to Alexandria, go to the tower where you saw the very first moogle in the game, Slitzkin will be there, talk to him a few times, and he'll give you a ribbon (only if you bought items off him eachtime or almost eachtime...)

So don't worry about it... Slitzkin isn't important other than that... well and he's a cutie!

Quote Originally Posted by rcabronx
    Assemblage: hmmm.... i did that sidequest... i'm actually in memoria now, and i'm trying to level up tons to fight ozma, but i've pretty much done the rest of the sidequests, so i dont think it affected.... thank goodness, cuz knowing me, i woulda probably started from the beginning again....then i would have been able to try to solve thingie's riddie...... but alas....
    you have no idea how incredibly right on you are, haha truth be told, i've never beaten Ozma. i figure, hey, it's a big multicolored spherical thing, i fear it. and yes, if i did miss a sidequest, i would probably spaz out at my PS2 and start the game over. ever since there was that percent thing/good ending/perfect ending on FFX-2, i've been minorly obsessive about doing sidequests. only minorly, though.
    G SpOtZ is god.
    rcabronx is his goddess.
    and i.....i am their Ruby Weapon.

uuh yea since ff9 isnt my most fav final fantasy and i kinda rushed through it whos stiltsskin or whatever his name is and you canr evieve people on 9?

needless to say i'm still too weak.... all my characters are above level 70.... what the heck am i doing wrong?
    I SHALL ATTEMPT TO HELP YOU!! (keep in mind the fact that i said "attempt") okay okay okay, let's see. it's got 55,535 HPs (i think) and is weak versus Wind and Holy. before going to fight it, equip Antibody and Clear-Headed on everyone as well as armor that protects against Shadow damage. if Zidane trances, use the Grand Lethal Dyne attack, which is kind of a DUH, but yknow.

and if you already got this info from the guide or from GameFAQs, then i'm sorry for wasting your time ;
    G SpOtZ is god.
    rcabronx is his goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by °¿°¿°
    uuh yea since ff9 isnt my most fav final fantasy and i kinda rushed through it whos stiltsskin or whatever his name is and you canr evieve people on 9?
    1) Stiltskin is a moogle that sells you items and stuff
    2) yeah, you can revive people. you can have Garnet or Eiko cast Life, or have Eiko cast Full Life. Eiko can also summon Phoenix, which causes fire damage and revives KO'd characters. Amarant has the Revive ability. then, of course, you could always buy a Phoenix Down or two.
    G SpOtZ is god.
    rcabronx is his goddess.

Default *GASP*

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!!!!!

I Finally beat that round @$$hole!!!!! Pure luck, I tell you.... Zidane and Garnet were my only 2 characters above 80, and I kept Steiner, but my only change this time was that I levelled up Quina instead of using Amarant.... YEAH! QUINA! She saved my life! Angel's Snack was key. I had everyone but Quina absorbing or nulling Shadow, so when he used doomday, he hurt himself, and killed Quina, but autolife brought her back, and regen did the rest..... THANK GOODNESS Zidane went into trnace too! a little grand lethal, a little shock, a lot of angel's snacks, mighty guards and curaga, and i was good to go. Ozma fell at my feet. You have NO idea how satisfied I was.... I kinda felt a little sad after tho too.... cuz that was it. I did everything I did ONLY to beat Ozma, and I did..... So I'm a little bummed..... but still, it felt great! Now my next challenge: RUBY & EMERALD! Did Omega in part 8..... now Ozma... still need ruby, emerald, nemesis, and that son of a smurf, Trema.... hell, it only took me five years to beat Ozma.....

hell, it only took me five years to beat Ozma.....
    .....only? i woulda given up after the first month or two.

still........

CONGRATS, YAAAAAY!! i throw a party for you! (sorry, the only banner i have says 'Happy Birthday' on it. but a party's a party!!) tsyeah.
    G SpOtZ is god.
    rcabronx is his goddess.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

thank you for your help nevertheless Assemblage! you have no idea how many faqs I actually read on how to beat that round son of a mother! thing is, A LOT of it really did have to do with luck.... zidane tranced, which was ideal, and steiner with his shock..... if you ever need my help with anything about beating him, you let me know, bud!

actually, that may come in handy speaking of, what were all their levels and what did you equip on them, both equipment and abilities? Ozma's being poopy to me :weep:

oh, and good luck with Ruby and Emerald!!
    G SpOtZ is god.
    rcabronx is his goddess.

ruby and emerald will have to wait.... i now have my sights set on:

tantadada!

TREMA! I'ma get'im..... I started a whole brand new game, cuz, you know, I like it... and I'm gonna get all the accesories and whatnot i can, master all my dress-spheres, and then, OH YEAH! I'm gonna play thru again, get all the accesories again, level up to 99, and try to beat that bad boy.... i just gotta! it ticks me off that I can't.... i'm all final fantasy 7'nd out, cuz i played that just before i replayed 9, and i couldn't beat the weapons, but maybe i'll load at some point again and try again.... i dont like them.

SO: Assemblage, here's my lineup and everything for beating round boy:

Zidane: Level 84

EQUIP:
    Ultima Weapon
    Circlet
    Egoist Armlet (VERY IMPORTANT - SHADOW DAMAGE INHIBITOR)
    Brave Suit
    Ribbon

ABILTITIES: 63 of a possible 63 gems used
    Auto Haste
    Auto Regen
    Auto Life
    Accuracy +
    Bird Killer
    Gamble Defense
    Insomniac
    Antibody
    Bright Eyes
    Jelly
    Locomotion
    Clear Headed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Steiner: Level 78

EQUIP:
    Ragnarok
    Genji Helmet
    Venetia Shield
    Demon's Mail (VERY IMPORTANT - SHADOW DAMAGE INHIBITOR)
    Rebirth Ring

ABILITIES: 59 of a possible 60 gems used
    Auto Haste
    Auto Regen
    Auto Life
    HP 10%
    HP 20%
    Bird Killer
    Antibody
    Bright Eyes
    Clear Headed
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Garnet: Level 82

EQUIP:
    Tiger Racket
    Golden Skullcap
    Egoist Armlet (VERY IMPORTANT - SHADOW DAMAGE INHIBITOR)
    Rubber Suit
    Ribbon

ABILITIES: 56 of a possible 58 gems used
    Auto Haste
    Auto Regen
    Auto Life
    Reflect-Null
    Insomniac
    Antibody
    Loudmouth
    Clear Headed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Quina: Level 76

EQUIP:
    Bistro Fork
    Circlet
    Dragon Wrist
    Demon's Vest
    Protect Ring
    NOTE: Both the Dragon Wrist and Demon's Vest carry Shadow reduced by 50%, so I assumed that would equal 100% Shadow damage protection....yeah, it didn't, cuz she was knocked out, but that's what I had on....

ABILITIES: 54 of a possible 55 gems used
    Auto Haste
    Auto Regen
    Auto Life
    Gamble Defense
    Insomniac
    Antibody
    Loudmouth
    Locomotion
    Clear Headed

IMPORTANT FOR QUINA TO BE USEFUL, SHE MUST KNOW THE FOLLOWING BLUE MAGICS: (some monsters may not be available on disk 4)
    Mighty Guard
    TO LEARN, EAT:
    Myconid (Forest Maze, Iifa Tree)
    Serpion (Outside Lindblum's Dragon Gate forest/shore)
    Ant Lion (Outside Desert Palace, Cleyra)
    Gigan Octopus (Shores near Esto Gaza)
    Gargoyle (Ipsen's Castle)

Angel's Snack
    TO LEARN, EAT:
    Ironite (Burmecian Kingdom)
    Mistodon (All over the place, disk 4)
    Behemoth (Memoria)
    Epitaph (Oeilvert)

White Wind
    TO LEARN, EAT:
    Zuu (Cleyra's Trunk)
    Griffin (Fossil Roo, Forest ouside Black Mage Village, Outer Continent)
    Garuda (Esto Gaza, forest from Moogle exit of Gizamaluke's Grotto)
    Zemzelett (Forest Maze)

NOTES:
    1. Make SURE you do the Friendly Guys quest to be able to hit Ozma with physical attacks, and so when he casts Doomsday, he will also hurt himself.
    2. Make SURE to equip yourself like above, THEN save right after that before you fight him, cuz you don't wanna have to do the setup all over again.
    3. MAKE REALLY SURE you have Zidane really close to trance. Grand Lethal kicks serious booty.
    4. Have Quina on standby AT ALL TIMES after casting Mighty Guard unless you really need her. That way, when round boy casts curse, she can immediately cast Angel's Snack. Then, just cast Mighty Guard as needed to prevent wasting her precious turns.
    5. Have Garnet on standby also, and once round boy casts something you don't like the looks of, have her cast curaga-all (by pressing R1, the spell will target all allies).
    6. All Zidane has to do is attack physically, and wait on trance for Grand lethal. DO NOT make him steal. It's just really not worth it.
    7. Steiner = SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK. That's it. Unless you're in such serious trouble that he has to throw a Phoenix Down or Elixer, that's all he has to do.

Well, that's pretty much all I did. It's about luck too, cuz if homeboy decides to do something silly like cast curse 3 times in a row, or something equally icky like that, then you're pretty much screwed. Otherwise, it really only took me about 7 rounds to take him out.

I really hope this helps you out...hubby is ticked at me cuz I made him stop watching TV so I could load the game and get all the info...

GOOD LUCK, SWEETS!

For Quina to be usful , kill her and cast Limit Glove...
    ~The file size limit for signatures is 50k, not 1,000K -Necronopticous
    Life is a game with great graphics , but sometimes with not so great storyline

hmm....never even occured to me to do that.... does my Quina even KNOW Limit Glove.... hmmmm.....gotta check on that one....

by the by, much to Forest Owl for providing me with the Blue Magic List I got that info from.... and to whomever wrote it, well, thank you too!
    Last edited by rcabronx; 08-04-2005 at 05:07 AM.

rcabronx, you kick a lotta ass. imma try getting medieval on this guy's face after i get offline tonight it'll definately be worth it, tell your lover thanks for not freaking out at you to help me! (your huge post is saved as 'rcabronx's evil ozma destruction guide of evil' on my compy, it's pretty cool) in a near conclusion, thank you thank you thank you!!

Trema's stupid. me no likies.
    G SpOtZ is god.
    rcabronx is his goddess.

you're very much welcome. by the by, you ever beat trema, or no?

and that title for the post is SWEET!