Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-Death and the Wonderful World of Final Fantasy V (VERY long)

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    That was brillant. I'm glad somone apreciates FFV! (It's an excelent game)
    Agree. I love this game and that was definatly an interesting read

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I'm impressed. I love FFV despite the majority opinion. I must admit, however, that I never thought too deeply about the discussion here, nor about FFV's plot.

But, I've read both of your analyses, and you both make valid points. I'll have to work out my own opinions on the topic before I can make a more indepth response, but you two have definitely made an interesting read. In fact, if threads from the Final Fantasy series forums were Archived, I'd request this one in a heartbeat.

I guess what I wanted to say was thank you both for making such interesting posts.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love this article so much i'm I'm wording it.

I never played V yet....

I will now as I love looking at religons in teh FF series...

Great peaice there, as I have done one similar to it on sepiroth and never even noticed the tifa connection *bonks self! BONK!BONK!BONK!

Nicley done though... very... nice indeed
    Bipper

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel like I'm in the ff8 forum! xD

It makes sense to me that pretty much all the ff games have similar mythological undertones since they're made by the same people.

Blog Entries

Brilliant.

Interesting read, though I'd just like to correct one tiny thing (like, really tiny, but it's a pet peeve of mine): it's "Iifa Tree", not "Lifa Tree".

Hey, you're right. Although I think the implications still stand.

For curiosity purposes, and yes this is linked to the discussion, Where is it mentionned the Exdeath's name means "Exceeding Death"? 'cause I still hold that it means either "Death... to the Xtreme!" or "death multiplied by a certain power, which shall be named X, for simple purpose of calculations." But that's just me.

It's never actually stated within the game, although it has become widely accepted that Exdeath mean's "exceeding death". I'm not sure whether the creators themselves have said that, but it's what most people believe.

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

Not bad, although, your Ultimecia = Enou was so much better...
    :joey:

Good one Chet! ah ha ha... hahahahaha

ive only just read this thread, and im sry if this has already been covered....

throne.. i read most of your the first post, and was wonderin.. is ffv in any way related to ffix?

or.. are any of the final fantasies related to each other, on one timeline (obviously very spread apart)???
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Well, FFIX makes references to almost (if not) all of the previous Final Fantasy games, that was the way the game was designed. So yes, there are aspects of FFV that have been incorporated into FFV. I mean, Gilgamesh for one is there, and as Masamune1600 said, Necron, is rather reminiscent of Neo X-Death.

As for all of the FF games being on the same time line, I really have no idea. Right now I’m looking for links between some of the more mysterious FF antagonists (Jenova, Necron, Neo X-Death and Zeromus being just a few) but I don’t think I’ll come up with much.

I would say that if there are clues pointing to the realisation that all the worlds are related, they would be very subtle, and probably outside my understanding of the series. Never know though…

I had a question. According to one of the townsfolk in the town of Mirage Enuo was immortal but gave up his immortality to obtain the power of the void. Why did he have to give up his immortality to claim that power?