Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X-Death and the Wonderful World of Final Fantasy V (VERY long)

According to the Mirage bartender, Enuo had to sacrifice his immortal body for the power of the Void. It's difficult to speculate on this, particularly since we don't know, for example, why he was "immortal" in the first place. However, given that the Void can be understood to be inherently opposed to life (existence really), it stands to reason that attempting to utilize that power might compromise one's own link to life.

Obviously he felt that the power of the Void was worth the sacrifice. I guess it all relates back to that overwhelming question, "What is the point in living forever if you can't change anything?"

The question wasn't why Enuo was willing to sacrifice immortality, but rather why utilizing the Void would cost him his immortality.

i didnt think there was anything wrong with and ithought it was pretty good even though i didnt finishi it and lost the save files its really good even after i played ffix which i thought was brilliant

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

I would wiki that essay if I wasn't really, really tired.
    :joey:

...meh, a bumps a bump

...what?!

EDIT: Yeah, just so people know, there was a post above this that has since been deleated. We aren't crazy...
    Last edited by ThroneofDravaris; 09-26-2005 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    ...what?!
    lol, he deleted the post
    Last edited by Primus Inter Pares; 09-26-2005 at 05:38 AM.

I realized no one here really cared to answer that question so I deleted it. You should do the same with your reply. They serve no purpose now.

It's not that I didn't care to answer it, it was

A) I don't have a clue where you fight them

B) This isn't really the best thread to discuss it in, and

C) It took me a moment to work out what the hell you were talking about.

You know, I really do want to put this in the wiki, but I am a bit too lazy

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

um...i dont know if it was already mentioned, but i think one of the mirage town people said enuo got engulfed by the void? (i think) maybe this was just the playstation version? im not sure...but i just wanted to put that out.

Yes, I have recently located this dialogue within the game. I can’t believe I missed it…

Villager: The evil Wizard Enuo who tried to make the world his own with the power of the “void”…He himself was sucked into the Void and disappeared…

In light of this, some of my original assumption on Enuo’s character are incorrect. This quote makes it clear that Enuo’s goals were not at all like Neo X-Death’s, being far more self serving. This actually makes him closer to X-Death in terms of his aspirations than I had originally anticipated. In addition, Enuo is clearly said to be a wizard, not a monster like Neo X-Death. In other words, this pretty much invalidates the notion that Neo X-Death is Enuo. You could claim that after Enuo was sucked into the Void he ended up in the Cleft of dimension, but there is no reason to assume that being swallowed by the Void resulted in anything other than his complete destruction.

I still feel that due to the method in which the game classifies the Void (ie nothingness), Neo X-Death cannot be its physical manifestation. This would allow the void the power to create, its complete antithesis. It is possible that Neo X-Death is being directly controlled by the Void (as strange as that sounds, one can’t help but wonder how the Void could have a consciousness…) but at the very least, Neo X-Death (or the components that were used to form it) were already present within the void before the Warriors of Light arrive.

Thus the mystery of both Neo X-Death and Enuo continue…

As deeply interesting and well thoughtout as this is, I still don't consider this a better game. Not to say that its a terrible game, but I found most of the characters very uninteresting and the plot just didn't hook me. Still, this is very interesting, I enjoy the indepth anlaysis of Ex-Death's character and connections to others such as Necron.

Id like to clarify something...

necron speak about the zeroworld.

if the void consumes everything, then nothing will remain. zero. Simply because the void is created of pure anihilating and obliteration, while the world is essentially matter.

now...

lets assume that the void is not jaut a random destructive force that wants to destroy everything, but more like the total oposite of the world itself, its negative...

No lets imagine that the void engulf everithing. the positive, existing world is negated by its complete and equal negative oposite, the void.

All+oposite of all=zero.

we now have a world of total neutrality where nothing exist.

physics tell us that simplicity and stability is what atoms and matter desire. chemicals links are created so that over charged atoms can become neutral by merging with an opositely charged atom. they neutralise themselves. result: charge zero...

Now, lets imagine that the void is strictly the oposite of the world. therefore its existence is incomplete as long as it exist... It will wish to become more stable, and can only accomplish this by merging ( not engulfing, since the light is not destroyed but more neutralized by the darkness) with its total oposite to become neutral, more stable.

That is why, essentially, the void seeks to engulf light and all existence, to anihilate everything. That is a world of total zeroness necron speaks about. The world that all life desire, as all matter primarily desire simplicity and stability. And what is more stable and simple than total inexistance itself?

Yeah, im less into quotes and more into theoryes...

now i put this simply:

The void is total negative.
    the world is the void oposite,
    merging the two would give a zero world
    all matter seeks stability and neutrality.
    the void seeks to merge with the world, in order to stabilize itselgf. the only way to accomplish this is by engulfing, merging, absorbing its total oposite, the world.
    if the void merge with the world and engulf it, all that is( void and world) become a simpler, more stable entity: nothing. a world of zero, a world were nothing exist. no pain, no fear. nothing the ultimate, perfect thing that existence has always sought.

it is clear that i dont consider the void has nothingness, but rather has darkness. darkness has an entity, an entity oposed to light ( the world)

in the end, it apears logical that everything that is absorbed by the void is destroyed, as they are complete oposites. for every ammount of light, matter, or whatever that is destroyed by the void, an equal quantity of void would be destroyed by this same matter-light-thing-whatever. I say destroyed, but is more acurate to say negated. The void accomplish a part of its goal everitime he engulf something, as this take it one step closer to its seeked zero state.

Is it clear? no? maybe science people should make theories about final fantasy void-thingy. maybe i just need some sleep. or maybe im right. o yeah, i could happen...