I have sat watching this film for the 5th time now and I personally think it is a very well acted film, a very thought out film, and it has mixed emotions in it.

It stars - Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon and Jack Nicholson.

Storyline - Based in a Military/Marine establishment.

An unfit marine continually sends letters to his base asking for a transfer as he fails to meet the standards of the squad. He offers to "grass" on a fellow member if he gets a transfer. 2 members of this squad break into his room at night and shove a cloth in his mouth and tape it to him. They don't intentionally kill him but their aim was to "train him". Unfortunately this person dies.

The 2 Marines are arrested and Tom Cruise is an arrogant and care-free lawyer who only cares about solving things the easiest way possible. Demi Moore believes there is more to the case and persuades him to dig deeper. So he does.

The storyline comes out strong and very powerful. It portrays how dangerous it is to follow orders and which is right out of following orders or following your conscience. I recommend this film to anyone who is interested in this sort of stuff. I personally am a horror and comedy fan but this film has really captured me.

For those who have seen it what are your thoughts on it, and did you expect what happens in the end?