67. You may not vote on this poll
  • male

5 7.46%
  • female

62 92.54%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: adel male or female

Default adel male or female

most people say that adel is female or call him/her sorcerress. where i think its a male so its sorcuer thingy not sorceress wich is female term.

I believe Adel is female, not only because of the terminal use of the word 'sorceress' in FFVIII, but the name is rather feminine in itself, anybody agree?
    Adel reminded me of Kefka, a little bit, with all the weird makeup and costume....so....there's a chance that Adel is male.
    Meh, I'm not so convinced. It makes more sense if Rinoa was tied to a sorceress than a dirty old man with facepaint and a dress <shudders>
    According to character tests, I am both Carbuncle (cuddly) and Fuujin (not so cuddly)
    How can I be both cuddly and non-cuddly?...unless you happen to find Fuujin cuddly.

Err, Adel is specifically labelled a female in the game. She is referred to as "she", as well as sorceress, a purely female term. If 'she' was really a 'he', 'he' would have been labelled after that.

Adel is both a male and a female.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    Any proof of that? Or are you just going by looks. And if you are, you have a strong argument, there xD
    Otherwise, it'd be mean to assume one gender is the other, especially if Adel worked very hard to become a sorceress, only to be labelled as androgenous by everyone who encounters her.
    According to character tests, I am both Carbuncle (cuddly) and Fuujin (not so cuddly)
    How can I be both cuddly and non-cuddly?...unless you happen to find Fuujin cuddly.

Adel is female, no doubt about it. I truly cannot understand why people have so many problems distinguishing a character's gender. To me it is quite obvious that Kefka and Kuja are male and Adel is female. I can see though why there may be some ambiguity surrounding characters such as Gogo and Quina, but then again that mystery is intentional.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 07-23-2005 at 10:32 PM.

I dont think theres any point in the game where Adel is considered a he. Adel is generally a female name and is always referred to as a sorceress, hence female like every other sorceress in the game. There werent any sorcerers.

Any proof of that?
    chances are, no.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the proper term is "Shemale"

But I think only women are sorceresses, so go figure.

Oh god no.....

I'm 100% sure Adel is a female unless the game is lying, like some people claim. :rolleyes2 I must admit I was a little confused when I first saw her but... meh, what are ya gonna do? Some people just look different. Maybe she got an overabundance of testosterone in her system from being a sorceress and that made her have more manly features. It's possible. Ever seen those female bodybuilders?

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The creaters obviously meant for Adel to be female, because she is referred to as such by the company, as a "she" and a "sorceress." Therefore she is female.

No arguing.

--Box Box Box Box

Adel is female, obviously. The game actually said Sorceress Adel a few times in the game. Enough times to see that she's a female.

Hey did you guys notice the Google ad at the top? "Male Female Sale: New & used Male Female. Check out the deals now!"

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Adel is a female and the explaination for such a manly body is that she just like body building at the gym or black magic caused her body to deformed.

Default Female

You just keep telling yourself that, okay?

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

to my disbelief she is a female.dont ask me why or how she just is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*