Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God of war

Default God of war

When I read about this game, I just thought it was just gonna be another, slow game, with crappy slow fighting, and useless graphics, but when I bought it bout a week ago, I was completely proven wrong, this is by far one of the greatest games of this year, mabye even the greatest.

The graphics are amazing, fighting superb, and the story is completely absorbing. I only finished it last nite, and the ending is just as good as the story itself. If u've played it and finished it, I ask u not to reveal the ending, because anyone playing the game has to finish it and find out themselves, thanx!

What do you out there think?

Life is a game the more u play the more u enjoy!

It was great, but im sorry to say, wasnt quite as good as i had hoped for.

I just wish there were more, challenging puzzles, more combos, more bosses, and i wish Kratos could jump better.

But i guess we'll just have to wait for the sequal for all that.

Otherwise, it was a terrific game with awesome music.

~Keep it gooey~

I loved it too. As always, with all the hype, no-one had said anything bad about the game, it made me think it was perfect... But it wasn't. There are always things that people want more, and I'd wanted more lenght to it. Not that Pandora's temple wasn't long enough, it was.However I had hoped that it wouldn't have been so easy to return to Athens and ... so forth.

The final battle was a bit disappointing, since it didn't require much tactics, just plain bashing and a bit parrying, no more. Otherwise, I enjoyed the bashing combos and flocks of monsters I just had to "L1+square", you know. that pirouette thingy.
    Oh well, there's always the God Mode...I'm still just not brave enough to give it a try *heh*

I also liked the "trashbin" stuff, like the deleted levels or deleted characters and stuff. It was very interesting to watch how different characters, especially Kratos, had evolved from scrap into the actual game version.

Fevered lovers and austere thinkers
    Love equally, in their ripe season
    Cats powerful and gentle, pride of the house
    Like them they feel the cold, like them are sedentary

- Charles Baudelaire
    I'm listening to...

One of the few recent games I've actually played through. Deffinitely up there on production value. Its a game with a story. A short story. This could be something Disney could make if they had a dark side. So yeah, it's short, but very sweet. It takes a rare game to capture my interest for even the 7+ hours it takes to beat this one. And I still wanted more. But the challenges at the end were... well, mind-numbing and left a lot to be desired. But the game itself: awesome. If you're into darker mythology or anything. I love games that are short and awesome. Ever since MGS I crave these kinda games.

this is the best damn game ever. Its got everything a good game needs.
    Its got fast and simple fighting. Combos couldn't be easier to pull off then in any other 3D action game. you get Powers of the Greek Gods. SWEEET. Zeus's bolts are such a cool skill for long range. The Artemis Blade is cool for hacking heads off of enemies. Poseidons Lightning thingie is the best though. Ive taken out so many people with it. This game is awesome. Its so fun to go around decappitating everything you see. And, the puzzles actually took some thought. To top it all off.......WAAAAAAAAMMMMMM! Boobs on the screen. When you thought it couldn't get any better. I dont mean to sound like a perv, but man, theyre everywhere....literally. If you havent already, buy this game for the funnest adventure ever......EVER
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

Uh yeah... you sound like a perv. I only noticed one scene that had boobs, and it was in the beginning of the game. Unless you're counting Kratos' pecks or something

He's counting the oracle of athen's see-though and moving around top. And also all those freaky Gorgons and Sirens which aren't attractive in the least.

Spear-Chucking Friend Mr. Mojo Risin's Avatar

Medusa could get it.
    Smile even though its breaking

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got the game awhile ago. Currently on the cliffs of madness, and this game is just freaking fun. I'm not usually a big fan of games that focus so strongly on action (I get bored of them after awhile), but this game does a lot of things right. The camera angles are almost always good. The puzzles often require a little thought, but don't bog down the pace of the game. The levels are varied and cool enough to keep me from feeling like I'm running through the same area over and over. Battles often provide at least some challenge, and best of all, there's little to no back tracking and it's always pretty clear which way you have to go. I get bored with some games just because I run around for an hour trying to figure out what the hell I need to do next, but it isn't a problem here. This game impressed me just for managing to avoid a lot of those action/adventure game pitfalls that most developers are too lazy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    He's counting the oracle of athen's see-though and moving around top. And also all those freaky Gorgons and Sirens which aren't attractive in the least.
    The harpies too, u kno the annoying things with the wings, that get pulled off, the only reason I noticed this is cuz I wotched all the movies last nite, that wud make an awesum movies, and the story line for the second one, loox to be kool, but I seriously don't think Kratos's brother is gonna stand a chance, seriously.

And for anyone thinking of trying God mode, good luck, its freakin impossible, even the little rats on the very first ship will be challenging, it takes about 5 hits to kill u, but its way more intense, I definitely prescribe it for the ones who have finished the other difficulties, and are wanting more.

Life is a game the more u play the more u enjoy!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

The only thing that sucked was the ammount of glitches in it. It hardly loads up on my PS2, the game should of been longer, and it is biased with the newer PS2 models, not my fault the old thick ones have crappy lasers, the game is so gory and fun especially with cheats.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

I absolutely loved this game. My husband got it for me for my birthday, and at first I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, because it didn't look like the kind of game I'd like very much, but as soon as I started playing, I was hooked. Getting in there with Kratos and tearing crap apart is definitely good stress relief. I started over on God Mode after beating the game, but I haven't played it since we moved so I'm still at the beginning. God Mode is a good deal harder.

But I have to agree about the glitches. Mine didn't have any problems loading, and there really weren't that many glitches, come to think of it, except for the end. My game froze twice during the final battle with Ares, and I had to restart the game in both cases. Not a HUGE deal, but irritating nonetheless.

Can't wait for the sequel.

GOW is hyped.......

GoW earned its reputation and appreciation. That's not what I consider "hype" ;P

If i get it, after i beat it, i would want toi use the dairy bastard suit.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.