Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: All the Metal gear solids!! *may contain spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    Direct remake with MGS2 control system? With exactly the same story, rooms, enemy placements and everything? Exactly how is it terrible when it's exactly the same as MGS, but with a more fluid control system?

Hello, may I ask who is calling? Logic? Sorry, we don't need you here.
    Yes thats part of it. The levels in Metal Gear Solid 1 were not designed to be used with Metal Gear Solid 2's control system. You can often enter a room, go into first person view and tranq every guard in the area before moving on. It completly throws everything off balance.

Not to mention the terrible, terrible cutscenes. Snake does about 5 backflips throughout the game, one on to a missile. The director just did everything over the top and that really doesn't suit Snake as a character. And seeing as Metal Gear Solid is around 50% story and cutscenes thats not a good thing.

I guess its down to opinion really. Enough people hate the twin snakes for it to be widley accepted as terrible but some people think its much better than the original. Go figure.
    Word/s.

Direct remake with MGS2 control system? With exactly the same story, rooms, enemy placements and everything? Exactly how is it terrible when it's exactly the same as MGS, but with a more fluid control system?
    You missed out Graphics!

Yes thats part of it. The levels in Metal Gear Solid 1 were not designed to be used with Metal Gear Solid 2's control system. You can often enter a room, go into first person view and tranq every guard in the area before moving on. It completly throws everything off balance.
    Have you only done Twin Snakes in very easy mode or something? On all the other modes, they spot your laser on your socom and immediatly take cover, and call for back-up, so you cannot always just aim and shoot, you have to do it tactically, like on the original, except you do it in first person view.
    Making a new sig

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackchocobo9999
    Have you only done Twin Snakes in very easy mode or something? On all the other modes, they spot your laser on your socom and immediatly take cover, and call for back-up, so you cannot always just aim and shoot, you have to do it tactically, like on the original, except you do it in first person view.
    I blasted my way through the game on hard the FIRST time I played it. I never ran into that problem. Probably because I just shoot and kill really fast. The bosses were made stupid easy but First Person. Ocelot, Mantis and Raven were just piss easy. Raven all you had to do was take your gun and just aim at his head. He would never come close to you.

I think you just suck.

I blasted my way through the game on hard the FIRST time I played it. I never ran into that problem. Probably because I just shoot and kill really fast. The bosses were made stupid easy but First Person. Ocelot, Mantis and Raven were just piss easy. Raven all you had to do was take your gun and just aim at his head. He would never come close to you.
    I am not stuck, just you can tell the difference and its just not that simple. I have completed it on all modes
    Making a new sig

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I didn't say you were stuck but that you sucked. Huge difference in the word.

The game really isn't hard to complete on all modes. It wasn't in the original and now that the bosses have become piss easy. They should have added a new difficulty called "smurfing your ass" where the enemies basically have super everything and you can't take a step without them RUNNING to find out what that noise was.

I am a Metal Gear Vet all around so I just found the update to be overly easy and messed up the level design way too much.
    Last edited by edczxcvbnm; 07-28-2005 at 02:47 PM.

Banned

the nowhere to hide thing.

i think it actually will refer to a wholy different ai and patrol paths. like they won't be set and maybe setting off the alarm once will set it off permantly.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchocobo9999
    I Loved I&II (especially II). I didnt like 3 though. It wasnt as fun. I dint like the jungle parts.
    How can you not like MGS3?!?!? That is proberly the best one!!!
    Yeah everyone with a brain hated MGS 2.

Quote Originally Posted by lordblazer
    Yeah everyone with[out] a brain hated MGS 2.
    People disliked it for two reasons, Raiden and the fact that they really didn't get the story.

Raiden wasn't fantastic, but he WAS a good character, he covered something that had never been in Metal Gear games, and that was a character who had never performed a stealth mission before, he was playing it just as fresh as the player. The way Raiden was set was that you as the player could identify more with him.
    And yes, the story was silly in parts, but it wasn't as awful as people say, it was just confusing.

lol I didn't like it because you only got to play as snake at the very begining and the rest of the game i played as some lame person named Jack.

I got the sotryline and thought the storyline and gameplay was genious.But those two factors I just said above outweighs everything else.
    lol I wanna play as snake not as Jack lol.And I also hated Fortune's flare for drama all the time.

So, because a game has quality gameplay, an interesting and involving story, but you play as a different character means that it's awful?

Aww, poor baby, I think SOMEBODY is allergic to change, diddums.

lol I'm not allergic to chang eI just love snake ^_^ lol. PLus the torture of me having to see Jack naked.lol.And did I mentioned Fortune's Flare for drama?

Stop using LOL AHHHHH!!! Anyway, i heard that at some bits in mgs4, You actually go out into the city and like do normal things! Just a rumor, and thats only at the begining i think. Anyway, i hope Raiden is in mgs4, but not a playable character, or mabye just play with him for a bit, like a couple of cutscenes, and mabye a boss. Anyway, i didnt hate mgs2 at all, i actually really liked it, like i did them all, it is the worst one, but it is still better then most games.
    Making a new sig

Il oved MSG2, I just wish Raiden wasn't all whiney. Plus saving was annoying

*beep beep*

Raiden: Rose, I want to save.
    Rose: Jack, do you remember what's so special about tommorow
    *insert long dramatic sappy conversation*
    Can this end, I really need to pee!

Raiden is in MGS4, he was shown in concept art along with his HF Blade and a baby in a sling, purportedly Rose's.

Shoot down Seagulls with your sniper rifle and Rose will leave Jack, what fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    Shoot down Seagulls with your sniper rifle and Rose will leave Jack, what fun.
    Wait, you can do that and Rose will go away? Who will save your game then?