Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: All the Metal gear solids!! *may contain spoilers*

I have never played the original 2, but i have played the begining of one on the Game Boy.
    O, and Big Boss might have some how, been brought back to life with some strange Metal Gear type twist...
    I really like playing as Big Boss in MGS3, but did he turn bad the same way as the Boss, or did he just turn evil?
    Making a new sig

He didn't turn evil, if you even paid the slightest attention to MGS3's story, you would know what the view is over the concept of good and evil.

Big Boss just becomes disillusioned.

And Dead Boss has already been confirmed as a character for MGS4 anyway, along with Naomi.

Welcome to months ago when the rest of us knew this.

I've played through MGS1 and 2, and I'm, well, not very inclined to buy MGS3 (I'm not your regular jungle guy...). I'll end up buying it, but I'm looking forward to MGS4 (please, go back to the factories...)

Yes, i know now why Big Boss went a bit mad, i mean i would, if my former trainer who was liek a mother to me for 10 years, had, what he thought then, betrayed him and then he had to kill her, then he found out she was just doing her job, so he was really sad then as well, then he goes home and gets it on with EVA, then she goes back to China, and reveals that she is a spy, and he has lost his eye, so i see why he went a bit power mad and created Foxhound.
    Making a new sig

(SPOILER)maybe this Dead Boss is another clone of Big Boss himself

Yes, Darth holmes, you may be right, but if you are, why is he missing an eye?? Unless he is actually an exact clone of Big Boss
    Making a new sig

MGS1 was great because of Mei Ling. Ohhh, she taught me so much. And the bosses were cool. Vulcan Raven, Psycho Mantis, Ocelot (I loved this one), and the fist fight with Liquid Snake is great. I also thought the wolf scene was genius.

MGS2 was ok, Raiden was a pretty cool character. Just because Snake isn't there for all those fan-boys out there, doesn't make it a good game. I'm actually glad Raiden will be back. MGS2 must have had the craziest and most confusing storyline.

MGS3 was on the whole the greatest of the series. The stealth missions and actually finding your own food was great. You actually had to heal yourself and remove your bullets to survive. You needed to eat. Unlike the other two where all you had to do is have a ration, this one went all out in order to bring that feeling of reality.

EDIT: And the fact that in the other 2 games, if you were being chased by enemies, all you have to do is run out of the room. However, there isn't s cheap trick like that in MGS3. Stealth % instead.

It's cool how Mantis reads your memory card and says stuff depending on what you have. "So, you like fighting games.... you like SUIKODEN."

Or.

Dead Boss is Big Boss' corpse, hence the name.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only played MGS3 as I just started playing the series, but it was great. I really liked how you had to heal yourself, take out the bullets, etc. And hunting for food was awesome too. It was a really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    It's cool how Mantis reads your memory card and says stuff depending on what you have. "So, you like fighting games.... you like SUIKODEN."
    I don't think he does it if you put your player 1 controller into slot 2.

He does it in the cutscene to prove his powers.

As if the fact that he can float and posess Meryl isn't enough.

i loved all of the mgs games, especially 3, but did anyone else think that sons of liberty was just a little bit short i mean you could easily complete it in 6 hours first time

Same goes with MGS, it's no longer or shorter than any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    Or.

Dead Boss is Big Boss' corpse, hence the name.
    Maybe they did it the same way they revived (SPOILER)Grey Fox.