Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: All the Metal gear solids!! *may contain spoilers*

On the gamecube version of Mgs1, he tells you to put the controlor on the floor if it is laminated, and he says, "i will make the controler move" or something like that, and of course, it moves, and he says things like "i see you already have a save on this game," and he says, " I see you like Super Mario sunshine" Some of the stuff is hilarious what he says, and when you put it in controler port 2, For about 2 minutes, he cannot read your mind, so then, you have to put it in 3, and so on....
    Making a new sig

Do we need spoiler tags for game as old as MGS? Especially when the topic is flagged as having spoilers.

Dead Boss isn't in a ninja suit, and the suit is all that was keeping Grey Fox alive.

I smell supernatural.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud No.9
    did anyone like the original two on the nes and msx?
    I own the NES version and it is CRAP! I have not played the MSX version of 1 but I have played through 2(which is only on the MSX). It was awesome. Think Ghost Babel and then enhance everything a little bit. It is much better than Ghost Babel from a gameplay/graphical stand point. If you liked Ghost Babel you should like this one even more...except for the stupid boss names. Those are worse.

Metal Gear 2?

Wasn't that the one with squeaky sand, rooms full of guard statues and deadly, poisonous hamsters?

Oh, and anti-strangling missiles.

Maybe it might have something to do with The Sorrow.

Banned

i am purely buying subsitence for the perfect versions of mg 1 and 2. i don't do online gaming so those two and the new camera and whatever vr and extra stuff they put in there are my only reasons. is it a waste of money for me then? yes. do i care? no.

such a shame they will never include snake's revenge and ghost babel. yes snake's revenge was pump and not actuall part of the story but meh it has it's place.

I doubt there will be VR in Mgs3 subsitence, becasue we are talking about the 60's.But i think there will be some sort of VR thing, like mabye field training, becasue Snake mentions that he as done snipering in field training, but only in a built up place... Wait, does that mean there may be a sniper fight in buildings on mgs3 subsitence???
    Making a new sig

On the matter of The Sorrow, he's doubtful to come back, but one thing you have to remember is this from MGS3.

[spoilers]Ocelot was the child of The Sorrow and The Joy, it's a tricksy thing, but it does make itself apparent after...err, well, I forget when, but it does. Ocelot has The Sorrow's powers, which actually if you think about it, links in with Liquid's arm and why it affects Ocelot so much. Since Ocelot is, and always has been, a pawn of The Patriots, you could think that he was deliberately given Liquid's arm in order to draw out Solid Snake. A side effect of that could be Liquid's desire to continue on the legacy of Big Boss living on in Ocelot, and to that end, maybe he DOES get Boss' body and somehow brings him back to life.[/spoilers]

I doubt that's what you were getting at, but it's my feelings on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    On the matter of The Sorrow, he's doubtful to come back, but one thing you have to remember is this from MGS3.

[spoilers]Ocelot was the child of The Sorrow and The Joy, it's a tricksy thing, but it does make itself apparent after...err, well, I forget when, but it does. Ocelot has The Sorrow's powers, which actually if you think about it, links in with Liquid's arm and why it affects Ocelot so much. Since Ocelot is, and always has been, a pawn of The Patriots, you could think that he was deliberately given Liquid's arm in order to draw out Solid Snake. A side effect of that could be Liquid's desire to continue on the legacy of Big Boss living on in Ocelot, and to that end, maybe he DOES get Boss' body and somehow brings him back to life.[/spoilers]

I doubt that's what you were getting at, but it's my feelings on the matter.
    Whoa, I missed that one.

Here are some more juicy gossip about MGS4 i would like you to hear, i found it on www.wikipedia.org
    (SPOILER)It is said that Meryl is in mgs4, even though she died, if you read natashas report of Shadow Moses on Mgs2, it is said that she is meant to have survievied, that Snake escaped with Meryl, even though you get a choice. Also, i heard that Niomi is in it too, she she must have got bail out of prison, and Vamp must not have died, because it says that he is in it too.
    That is all the information they said they have confired, but some of it sounds a little fishy...
    Making a new sig

Old.

Why is it spoilers for a game YET TO BE RELEASED?

Naomi has been confirmed yes, and the MGS storyline follows the Meryl ending, since regardless of Snake leaving Shadow Moses without Otacon, the two could still work together and Otacon would still have given Snake the Stealth Camo, so of course Meryl would come back too.

Snake in MGS2 states that he's sick of tomboys, or something like that. Pretty clear sign he was with Meryl.

And Vamp very CLEARLY didn't die, since he was shot in the head, drowned in water too heavy for normal men, beaten down by sniper fire and just kept on running.

Again, the supernatural element.

I put it in Spoilers because.... well from now on, only put MGS ac!d in spilers because i have never played it yet because in UK we dont have the PSP yet
    Making a new sig

Just put Ac!d and MGS3 spoilers in tags, since they run into the rules on spoiler age.

There were two outcomes of MGS1, one where she lives or dies. The official ending allows her to live.

And I think it's easy to say why Ocelot is sometimes possesed by Liquid, mainly it's because he's the son of (SPOILER) The Sorrow. But the question is, wouldn't Ocelot have to actually let Liquid's spirit posses him.

Every "new" piece of information has been common knowladge since May. In fact there hasn't been any news on it since E3.

Oh and you forgot that Vamp appeared in the background during the final scene.

Also the fact that Snake points to his bandana and says "infinte ammo" is a pretty clear indicator that Meryl survived.

Also I have super high res pictures of the concept art for MGS4 (3624x5098) and some interesting things to note that I'm not sure are visible on the smaller versions.

Ocelot seems to be wearing a trench coat with a bare chest and dogtags, exactly what liquid used to wear, perhaps signifying that Liquid has completly taken him over?

Vamp seems to have ditched his knife for a kind for a freddy style bladed glove.

And also I don't think I've ever seen Otacon wear black gloves before, doesn't seem like the kind of thing he would have if he was only giving support from afar.
    Word/s.