Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: All the Metal gear solids!! *may contain spoilers*

I just beat Boss in MGS3. Wow. Once the music started to play I felt it was the most epic fight I'd ever seen and played with one minute left to kill her. Im watching the rest of the ending right now.

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like the fight with The Boss, it seemed too dreamlike and lacked impact.
    And I much prefered the (rather underplayed during that game I think) take of the Metal Gear Solid theme while fighting the shagahod.
    Word/s.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The MGS3 version of the MGS main theme actually plays quite a bit throughout the game. It's just that only parts of it play in each scene, so there are times when you can't even tell when it's the theme playing. And then there's the fact that the MGS3 version of the MGS theme generally sounds nothing like the MGS1 and MGS2 versions.

FFXIV Character

Striking Teek (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    I'd like to see them add to the mindsmurf that MGS2 ended with. (play the game and watch after the credits roll by, and you'll see what I mean)
    That's already been explained in MGS3.

The Boss fight is really good, but it makes your heart beat really fast, when she on really low health and she says, 30 seconds, your like "OMG, where the F**8 is she!!!"
    But why does she leave her top unbuttoned?? She could camoflauge herself better with it buttoned up.
    Making a new sig

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Thats a good comic, did you find it on a website? O, its www.vgcats.com, is there anymore MGS comics on there??
    Making a new sig

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anyone considered that Dead Boss could simply be Solidus' body? I think this was the speculation in the first EoFF thread on this very topic.

I'm looking forward to the continuation of the series. It'll be yonks before I can play it since I won't be buying a PS3 for a long time, but I'll probably get there eventually.

Some conclusion, or at least a few answers, would be nice. The exact nature of the Patriots organisation, for instance. They obviously aren't immortal spirits of all the past presidents - like 'Campbell' says near the end of MGS2 - since that's just plain stupid. Similarly, I don't think they're as all-powerful and all-controlling as they like to believe. Their specialty is in manipulating information; by convincing enough people they're truly in charge, they could create that illusion. We know they're the US branch of the Philosophers, the international elite of businesspeople and power-mongers who faded away after the Second World War... but without any of the original members, ideals or objectives.

Plenty of possibilities, there.

It'd be nice if we could finally see Snake gain some true understanding of what Big Boss was really trying to do - challenging the dysfunctional and manipulative world politics that devalued human life and thrived on war. A kind of 'reconciliation' would be good to see, since Snake and Big Boss are both good men who deserve acknowledgement.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The corpse in the MGS4 artwork isn't Solidus. Solidus lost his left eye, not his right.

The exact nature of the Patriots was explained in MGS3; in fact, it's prettymuch just as you said in the last sentence of that paragraph. To summarize, they're simply a group of shadowy guys at the top of the U.S. government. The twelve members of the Wisemen's Committee lead them. When a Wiseman dies, a new member succeeds his position. All that "we're not what you'd call human" stuff at the end of MGS2 was pure hubris. The list of guys that died "about 100 years ago" was the original Wisemen's Committee, who were all dead by 1930.

By the time he was leading Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land, Big Boss was no longer a good man by any means. Attempting to sink the world into a constant state of war isn't exactly a noble pursuit.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    The corpse in the MGS4 artwork isn't Solidus. Solidus lost his left eye, not his right.

The exact nature of the Patriots was explained in MGS3; in fact, it's prettymuch just as you said in the last sentence of that paragraph. To summarize, they're simply a group of shadowy guys at the top of the U.S. government. The twelve members of the Wisemen's Committee lead them. When a Wiseman dies, a new member succeeds his position. All that "we're not what you'd call human" stuff at the end of MGS2 was pure hubris. The list of guys that died "about 100 years ago" was the original Wisemen's Committee, who were all dead by 1930.
    Yep, that much I remember... but the mysterious list of the wisemen included no names of living people, only the original members. That is the interesting part - since their 'true' membership died by the '30s, who were the actual Patriots/Philosophers after then? (SPOILER)Both EVA and The Boss were raised by the Philosophers, and Ocelt's entire life was sculpted by them, but both Adamska Ivan and EVA are too young to have been around while the original Philosophers were alive. The Boss and others seem to mention that the last of the 'actual' Philosophers died in the 1930s; the entire point of Operation Snake Eater was to secure the funding to 'revive' the organisation. For me, that just raises the question of who's actually been in charge since the '30s...

It'd also be interesting to find out why the Patriots are also known by what looks like a line from one of the Japanese alphabets - La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.

By the time he was leading Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land, Big Boss was no longer a good man by any means. Attempting to sink the world into a constant state of war isn't exactly a noble pursuit.
    Was he really trying to achieve that, or was he actually waging war against the Philosophers and their vile machinations? He couldn't openly declare war on them, because everyone would think he's nuts - taking on an invisible, pervasive 'world order' that no-one else knows about. Also, his true motives wouldn't have been revealed to the likes of Snake, who were supposed to oppose him.
    But then, I've not played the original games, and my only knowledge of them is what's provided in the original MGS.

Considering that we have seen a ghost/spirit medium, successful human cloning and somebody living through an arm I don't think we can rule out the original wisemans comitee being revived just yet.
    Word/s.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm... perhaps Big Boss was used not only for cloning expriments, but also for pioneering cryogenics? His body was frozen, after all. Could explain his re-appearance... [q=Maxico]somebody living through an arm [/q]Thankfully, that's not the case. The arm was just acting like a "conduit", allowing Ocelot's latent psychic powers to channel Liquid's spirit.

you may be taking mgs just a bit too seriously there
    Dont waste a cow, eat a vegetarian.

su carajo

Its all in good fun.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Hmm... perhaps Big Boss was used not only for cloning expriments, but also for pioneering cryogenics? His body was frozen, after all. Could explain his re-appearance... [q=Maxico]somebody living through an arm [/q]Thankfully, that's not the case. The arm was just acting like a "conduit", allowing Ocelot's latent psychic powers to channel Liquid's spirit.
    It would be his talking to the dead powers. He is the long lost son of The Sorrow right?