Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: All the Metal gear solids!! *may contain spoilers*

It seems that in MGS4, Liquid has fully taken Ocelots body, because his arm is free on it and he i swearing Liquids clothes on MGS4 artwork. He was using the arm to get his way into the body. The thing about Big Boss 'turn' i think, is that the thing which happened to him in operation Snake Eater, the thing about the Boss, and it mabye made him mad over time and after the 'les enfant teribles' project, he may of thought that he was just a tool been used, so he decided to make his own rebbelion, and the Americans turned against him, sending his own son to kill him!!
    Making a new sig

Quote Originally Posted by blackchocobo9999
    It seems that in MGS4, Liquid has fully taken Ocelots body, because his arm is free on it and he i swearing Liquids clothes on MGS4 artwork.
    I said that last page.

The thing about Big Boss 'turn' i think, is that the thing which happened to him in operation Snake Eater, the thing about the Boss, and it mabye made him mad over time and after the 'les enfant teribles' project, he may of thought that he was just a tool been used, so he decided to make his own rebbelion, and the Americans turned against him, sending his own son to kill him!!
    Big Boss never turned to anything. He was creating a society in which soldiers would be appreicated for what they have done, and other countries saw it as a threat.

"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter." is rather fitting in this situation.
    Word/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico
    It seems that in MGS4, Liquid has fully taken Ocelots body, because his arm is free on it and he i swearing Liquids clothes on MGS4 artwork.
    I said that last page.

The thing about Big Boss 'turn' i think, is that the thing which happened to him in operation Snake Eater, the thing about the Boss, and it mabye made him mad over time and after the 'les enfant teribles' project, he may of thought that he was just a tool been used, so he decided to make his own rebbelion, and the Americans turned against him, sending his own son to kill him!!
    Big Boss never turned to anything. He was creating a society in which soldiers would be appreicated for what they have done, and other countries saw it as a threat.

"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter." is rather fitting in this situation.
    O, i didnt noticed what you had put, but you must be right
    And i meant by turned as in he left America to do what he thought was right, but America (or should i say, the patriots) didnt like that, and sent in Solid Snake and Grey Fox (I think) to go and eliminate him, becasue it was a threat to America and the Patriots power.
    Making a new sig

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico
    Actually, he was creating a society of mercenaries who could fight in perpetual world wars that he would instigate with Metal Gear, simply because warriors only feel alive on the battlefield, or somesuch.

Sadly, those mercenaries included Running Man and Ultrabox, so you can tell what kind of society it was going to be like.

I also, have never played the first two Metal gears, only the Metal gear solids, so i only know what i have heard and read
    Making a new sig

You're not missing out on much, trust me.

Both games will be playable on MGS3: Subsistance anyway. In all their Poisonous Hamster and Hi-tech NASA Ninja glory.
    Word/s.

Anti-strangling missiles plzthnx.

Will they? Cool. Do you know if subsitence will have something like VR missions?
    Making a new sig

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Was he really trying to achieve that, or was he actually waging war against the Philosophers and their vile machinations? He couldn't openly declare war on them, because everyone would think he's nuts - taking on an invisible, pervasive 'world order' that no-one else knows about. Also, his true motives wouldn't have been revealed to the likes of Snake, who were supposed to oppose him.
    But then, I've not played the original games, and my only knowledge of them is what's provided in the original MGS.
    I don't buy that everything Big Boss said to Snake before their fight in MG2 was just a smokescreen, and his actual motive was to fight the Patriots. That just cheapens everything.

The storys cocked up i think at bits like the original metal gears didnt plan the sequals to have the patriots in and stuff, and in the next installments of games you found out more, e.g,ocelot been a child of the Sorrow who can posses powers to bring the undead back sort of, like what happenes to Liquid, and that he is a child of the patriot and so on, but it dosent go with the previous game, like you think at the end of MGS2, where Otacon says the Patriots have been dead for 200 years, but that was just the original members who were dead, as it explains on MGS3, which took place before MGS2 . It sort of crosses it-self with storys.
    Making a new sig

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

No, it actually all flows very smoothly. MG and MG2 only stand out because their stories aren't as complex as those in the MGS games, but that's not a point of conflict.

Well, i have never played the original Metal gears, but i doubt that they would have had a more in-depth storyline because, games them days didnt really need storys, because people thought that games were to play, not watch half an hour cutscenes.
    Making a new sig

I FEEL ASLEEP!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I GOOFED! THE LORRY HAVE STARTED TO MOVE!
    Well, i have never played the original Metal gears, but i doubt that they would have had a more in-depth storyline because, games them days didnt really need storys, because people thought that games were to play, not watch half an hour cutscenes.
    That's actually where the Metal Gear games stood out. In addition to favoring stealth over action, they were also uncommon in their focus on plot. Then, in the PlayStation era, when plot had become more important in games, the MGS games took it even further. You could say the series has always been ahead of the game when it comes to plot.