Page 1 of 20 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: All the Metal gear solids!! *may contain spoilers*

Default All the Metal gear solids!! *may contain spoilers*

I like all of them Metal Gear Solids!! I own mgs 1 for the gamecube, i own sons of liberty and substance for ps2 and Snake eater for the ps2 as well. I cannot wait for mgs4:no place to hide! (I think thats its name) The graphics on them are really good, and so is the gameplay and mabye most of all, the storys and cutscenes. A lot of people dont like Mgs because of there long, 30 minute cutsecenes, but it dosent really bother me, but i dont like it when the codec (or on mgs3, the radio) carrys on for about half an hour, like at the end of mgs2, when they are all going mad over the codec, it takes about 30 minutes!!!
    But other then that, its one of the best games i have been on!!
    Making a new sig

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

No place to hide is the theme of the game but not the name.

I Loved I&II (especially II). I didnt like 3 though. It wasnt as fun. I dint like the jungle parts.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Oh goody, an MGS thread. I like MGS threads because I get to say "ZOMG SOLID SNAKE AND ONE-EYED SNAKE!!!11" I guess I'd better get on with it, really. ZOMG SOLID SNAKE AND ONE-EYED SNAKE!!!11 Ahhh, that feels a lot better now.

I Loved I&II (especially II). I didnt like 3 though. It wasnt as fun. I dint like the jungle parts.
    How can you not like MGS3?!?!? That is proberly the best one!!!
    Making a new sig

Quote Originally Posted by blackchocobo9999
    How can you not like MGS3?!?!? That is proberly the best one!!!
    I told you, I didnt like the jungle stealth. It was boring

I loved MGS3, its my favourite of them all! Although alot of people hate fighting the End, I actually really liked that battle! Mainly because it is a battle of stragtegy, and there are so many ways to win (I love strategy games). MGS3 is my favourite game at the moment. As for the other MGS's, i think MGS1 is better than MGS2 (i hate raiden). Don't you think that 'Sniper Wolf' from The Twin Snakes looks loads like 'Eva' On MGS3?

Quote Originally Posted by blackchocobo9999
    I own mgs 1 for the gamecube.
    Eww, I'm sorry but that game is terrible and should in no way represent the series.

Quote Originally Posted by sycotik
    Oh goody, an MGS thread. I like MGS threads because I get to say "ZOMG SOLID SNAKE AND ONE-EYED SNAKE!!!11" I guess I'd better get on with it, really. ZOMG SOLID SNAKE AND ONE-EYED SNAKE!!!11 Ahhh, that feels a lot better now.
    "LOL WTF IN MGS 1 SOLID SNAKE SHOOTS LIQUID11!!!!1"

Note to self, stay far away from GameFaqs.
    Word/s.

Why dont you like the Jungle stealth, I thought it was cool!! And anyway, there are loads of indoor bits close to the end
    Making a new sig

Something tells me MGS4 will be the worst in the series. I heard Hideo made it so hiding and sneaking is no longer available. Something tells me it'll be just a wild "shoot them all and let god sort them out" game. I'll bet the story will be nifty too. I'd like to see them add to the mindsmurf that MGS2 ended with. (play the game and watch after the credits roll by, and you'll see what I mean)

Actually, all that was stated was that there would be "nowhere to hide", meaning that there'll be stealth, just much of an alternative to prior games.

Maybe even more of an emphasis on camouflage, and less on hiding behind walls.

And every MGS game has a post-credits Ocelot conversation, they're all confusing, though MGS2 wins for the dumbest lines ever.

"Oh, I forgot, your heart is on the other side"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxico
    Eww, I'm sorry but that game is terrible and should in no way represent the series.
    Direct remake with MGS2 control system? With exactly the same story, rooms, enemy placements and everything? Exactly how is it terrible when it's exactly the same as MGS, but with a more fluid control system?

Hello, may I ask who is calling? Logic? Sorry, we don't need you here.

Bah, I hope they ditch as much camoflouge as possible (however its spelled). I liked the system in MGS1 and 2. MGS2 in particular because I hate snake fanboys and I especially hate how Kojima has gone to there side and mocked his own game (MGS2) any chance he gets. (Well two chances to the best of my knoweledge but it still irritates me)

Well, maybe MGS4 will be like 3, only a direct sequel to 2. Hopefully hiding will be easier than it was in 3. I just couldn't adjust to playing without a radar and guards that can see ten feet in front of them.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

The problem with 3 was that, for a game about being in wide open spaces, the camera sucked. You couldn't see far enough ahead to do anything. The camera worked in the first two because of how limited the range is and it isn't hard to tell who is around you in a corridor. They are one way or the other and are easy to play through even without a radar.

MGS3:Subsistence is supposed to add a new camera angle to fix that, but I bet it'll still be lovingly awkward to control.

Hooray for having to stop and look in first person every three steps.