Thread: Mini-Tornado in Birmingham.

Default Mini-Tornado in Birmingham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/4725279.stm

I see no one's mentioned about this, so I think it's something people should know about.

Nineteen people have been injured - three seriously - as a tornado ripped through the streets of Birmingham.

The sudden storm damaged buildings, uprooted trees and trapped people in their homes. The Met Office estimates the wind speed may have reached 130mph.

One sq km of damage was caused in Kings Heath, with "hundreds" of properties affected, council officials said.

"We have an average of 33 reports of tornadoes in the UK each year but these are especially rare in built-up areas and there has not been one of this strength in many years.

"City centres are not the natural habitat of a tornado; the tall buildings would normally stop their formation."
    I hope everyone from the forum in the Birmingham area is ok. (One person in particular I know & am worried about. )

What are your thoughts on this?
    I'll figure it out later...

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

It shocks me. Lately, it just seems like Day After Tomorrow (a movie where A LOT of unusual natural disasters occur, like a tsunami in NYC) these days, with all the land slides and tsunamis. I hope everyone is okay.

And lots of snow/ice xD yes that film was a curse upon all mankind. I'd hate to see what the world is going to come up with next (or the atmosphere)
    I'll figure it out later...

We know who to blame~ and errr yes bad weather...
    Making a slow come back since 2008

i blame this on muslims myself.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gokufusionss1
    i blame this on muslims myself.
    While we're at it why not blame Unemployment, Child Deliquency and Economy problems on them? I'll be damned if the British public take responsibility for their own shortcomings. Wait, muslims make up the public. Dang.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Tornadoes?? In the UK??? ;______; Whatever next.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

One hungry Tyrannosaurus Pauten's Avatar

Tornado's have been on the increece in the UK these past few years during the summer months.

it's scary. i live about 3 or 4 miles from king's heath. i have walked past that greggs on King's Heath High Street, and now it's shown on the news with no roof. first heard about this on the radio. i couldn't believe what i'd heard at first "mini - tornado" - my radio went fuzzy just then, so i only half caught the news. very scary.

Lady Fidela of Confide (Amy)
    Every insane moment has the sanity: Thankfully the Lady is THAT sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Pauten
    Tornado's have been on the increece in the UK these past few years during the summer months.
    [leeza]No. Not funny. ~ Leeza[/leeza]
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Fidela of Confide
    it's scary. i live about 3 or 4 miles from king's heath. i have walked past that greggs on King's Heath High Street, and now it's shown on the news with no roof. first heard about this on the radio. i couldn't believe what i'd heard at first "mini - tornado" - my radio went fuzzy just then, so i only half caught the news. very scary.
    MAn I remember when that F5 hit OKC and it tore straight through the city and went up the interstate and just demolished the south side of Wichita,KA. The whole south side was man it looked like a nuke hit it.I remember when I went outside to see it to.It was just huge! O.O. The destructive power of it the size of it the arkward silence yet you can hear the scream of the tornado.The loudest noise you'll ever hear is when it hits your house.I would never forget that day.

Tornadoes in the UK?!?!?!??!?! o.O

I didnt know that there were tornadoes in the Uk, or in all of Europe. It doesn't seem like they have the right kind of weather there.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    I didnt know that there were tornadoes in the Uk, or in all of Europe. It doesn't seem like they have the right kind of weather there.
    Yeah, me neither.

Birmingham is pretty close to me, so the local news was filled up with the tornado, rather than other boring stories that try to make the area seem like a nice place to live in. Good work, tornado. Amazingly, no-one was killed.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Birmingham is a scumhole of death. I don't blame god for wanting to frag it. Though, I recall a Tornado from a few years ago in the UK, the only reason I remember it is because that guy who used to be the Gamesmaster, Patrick Moore, was in a restaraunt which had it's roof torn off by it when it happened.

The time when we had the Tremor was pretty cool as well.