View Poll Results: Do you agree/Whos better (Fear my powers of 2 poles in 1)

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and Delita owns Ramza

9 21.43%
  • No and Delita owns Ramza

2 4.76%
  • Yes and Ramza owns Delita

20 47.62%
  • No and Ramza owns Delita

11 26.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think Ramza should special class

Default I think Ramza should special class

I find it dumb that the main chraracter doesnt have a class of his own sure he has guts instead of basic skill but that sucks he only gets like 2 more abilities.

FFT would be a lot better if you could choose to take the story of Delita or Ramza at the begining... Delita ownz Ramza

See the poll doesnt lie
    Last edited by Raven Bladewind; 07-29-2005 at 06:56 PM.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Actually I like that he doesn't, because it is one less class to worry about. I always tend to make Ramza a Geomancer for some reason or another...Also I rather Ramza, because Delita is an example of how power corrupts and to what extent people will go for power.

He has 5 more skills plus the super secret one. Mwhahahahahahaha
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

I think, for Ramza, the fact that Guts has the same abilities as the Squire job class adds to his humbleness. It is part of what makes him the endearing hero. He is a normal teenager who has been thrust into the middle of a war and forced to cleave his own way and, unlike Delita, finds the path of truth and justice. Or something like that.
    Last edited by Durai; 07-29-2005 at 05:07 AM.

He's got Yell, Cheer Up, Scream, and Ultima, which makes him far superior to any standard Squire. How is that not a special class? I always have Guts equipped as a secondary because Scream is just that good.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with -N- but I still would have liked to have seen a special class for Ramza. And with Scream and enough movement, Ramza can own anybody, Orlandu included.

Yea i know but i still think he should have a special knight class like Gafagorian and Argias (or however you spell) because it would be cool and his father tells him to become a great knight. I have another question. Does it piss anyone else off that white magic can miss.... why would you dodge cure or protect... ive missed useing life before the persons dead i dont think the getting out of the way of anything >_>

Cure never misses.

It has to do with a character's Faith.
    If you didn't believe in magic, why would it work on you?

How exactly do you get the Ultima skill for Ramza's guts ability?
    Last edited by Raven Bladewind; 07-31-2005 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Bladewind
    How exactly do you get the Zodiac skill for Ramza's guts ability?
    Ramza cannot learn Zodiac to his Guts ability set. Only a Summoner can learn Zodiac, although it is possible to eventually teach Zodiac to every human party member (Ramza included). Zodiac can be learned when a character, as a Summoner, survives a hit from the summon. An "Innocent" character will not be able to learn it.

The only enemy that naturally uses Zodiac is Elidibs in END. From there, it's possible to teach Zodiac to members who were not in that battle by teaching it to enemy Summoners, allowing allied Summoners to be Charmed, and so on.

Ramza can learn a secret ability, Ultima, to Guts. Ultima can be learned from Celia and Lede as Assassins, or from Ultima Demons. Unfortunately, this version of Ultima (the weakest) is the only one that Ramza can learn. Altima uses two more powerful versions of Ultima in his two forms during the final sequence.

I find it dumb that the main chraracter doesnt have a class of his own sure he has guts instead of basic skill but that sucks he only gets like 2 more abilities.
    As to the initial topic, Ramza's squire class is certainly a special class. It has a unique ability set name (Guts), as well as five abilities (Wish, Yell, Cheer Up, Scream, and Ultima) that normal Squires do not have. Furthermore, Ramza's Squire job allows him to use equipment that normal Squires cannot use (this is, actually, relatively important). Note, for example, that Ramza's Squire class can use Knight Swords.

It can even be argued that there are two other special Squire classes. In Chapter 1, Delita has Wish as a Squire. Also, Algus (if you take the time to learn the abilities; there's really no point) can learn Head Break and Armor Break to his Squire set.

That being said, I've always thought Ramza should have at some point inherited his father's Heavenly Knight class.

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

Heavenly Knight would have been great except for the fact that Ramza is a Heretic. Speaking of which "heretic" would make a good special class.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

Quote Originally Posted by Wiegrahf42
    Heavenly Knight would have been great except for the fact that Ramza is a Heretic. Speaking of which "heretic" would make a good special class.
    Wouldn't that work like an Yin and Yang magic though.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    How exactly do you get the Zodiac skill for Ramza's guts ability?
    Ramza cannot learn Zodiac to his Guts ability set. Only a Summoner can learn Zodiac, although it is possible to eventually teach Zodiac to every human party member (Ramza included). Zodiac can be learned when a character, as a Summoner, survives a hit from the summon. An "Innocent" character will not be able to learn it.

The only enemy that naturally uses Zodiac is Elidibs in END. From there, it's possible to teach Zodiac to members who were not in that battle by teaching it to enemy Summoners, allowing allied Summoners to be Charmed, and so on.

Ramza can learn a secret ability, Ultima, to Guts. Ultima can be learned from Celia and Lede as Assassins, or from Ultima Demons. Unfortunately, this version of Ultima (the weakest) is the only one that Ramza can learn. Altima uses two more powerful versions of Ultima in his two forms during the final sequence.

As to the initial topic, Ramza's squire class is certainly a special class. It has a unique ability set name (Guts), as well as five abilities (Wish, Yell, Cheer Up, Scream, and Ultima) that normal Squires do not have. Furthermore, Ramza's Squire job allows him to use equipment that normal Squires cannot use (this is, actually, relatively important). Note, for example, that Ramza's Squire class can use Knight Swords.

It can even be argued that there are two other special Squire classes. In Chapter 1, Delita has Wish as a Squire. Also, Algus (if you take the time to learn the abilities; there's really no point) can learn Head Break and Armor Break to his Squire set.

That being said, I've always thought Ramza should have at some point inherited his father's Heavenly Knight class.
    Yes i know his Squire Class allows him to use armor and knight swords but he cant use squire weapons like axes and flails and his 5 special skills arnt that great
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiegrahf42
    Yes thats the class i was thinking like Heretic Knight or somthing like that

he can def use flails as squire.

I've never used an axe, so no opinion there.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Yes i know his Squire Class allows him to use armor and knight swords but he cant use squire weapons like axes and flails and his 5 special skills arnt that great

Yes thats the class i was thinking like Heretic Knight or somthing like that
    Woah... Have you even used those skills of his? They are easily overpowering, or on the verge of it anyways.

As for would it have been neat for him to evolve into a new class at some point in the story? Yep, would have been.. even some additional skills would be neat... but DON'T take away my gut skills :P

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!