• Shinji... wait?

2 4.55%
  • Eva?

4 9.09%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Eva Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Primus Inter Pares
    That doesn't help your cause... Just makes you look like a "jerk"
    Oh snap, (SPOILER)kind of like what happens to Asuka in the end of Evangelion…

And EVERYONE was cheering Shinji on at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Hooray for getting off on fourteen-year-olds.
    You’re not helping!

Rei>All

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    And EVERYONE was cheering Shinji on at this point!
    Does not Compute
    :joey:

Oh come on, (SPOILER)you weren’t the least bit glad when Shinji finally decided to strangle the life out of that bitch? I mean, Anno had Komm Susser Tod playing in the background, even he was glad to see her get what she deserved!

<b>Edit by Kishi: You really don't need to quote the post directly above yours.</b>

Just because she (SPOILER)Deserved to die doesn't mean that ANYONE felt compassion or sympathy towards Shinji...

And let's not forget what happened to Rei...

<b>Edit by Kishi: You really don't need to quote the posts directly above yours.</b>

They don't need to feel anything for Shinj, as long as they wanted Asuka to die...so you agree that she deserved to die? Interesting...

and there is nothing wrong with what happened to Rei; she got what she wanted. Asuka got Shinji, so who really won?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I bet all the creepy Rei freaks were absolutely crushed when End of Eva introduced crowds and crowds of glowing naked Reis, only to have them all wearing smiles. Being shown the object of their obsession over and over again, though she lacked what made her so enticing in the first place--her glassy, soulless stare. It's a twist right out of The Twilight Zone.

The viewers won, especially after the first ending

But it can be said that Shinji had already won after that scene...

EDIT: Nicely said Kishi

The viewer certainly didn’t win in EoE, Anno made sure of that. (SPOILER)And I don’t see how Shinji masturbating over the comatose body of a 14 year old girl means that ‘won’. Won what? Creepy bastard of the year?
    And as for the smiling Rei’s, (SPOILER)she was Lilith at this point and not Rei, so it doesn’t really matter. Besides, we got what we wanted when you see her betray Gendo…

EoE was awesome, the viewers won in that respect especially me, because you're the one that rented it...

Shinji won in his mind, and you would have said that he won, had it been Rei you would be pushing the point, not I. Although, Asuka and Shinji sort of did win in the end, so did Maya although the comment "fingered by Rei" should be replaced with Lillith.

Also, your Gendo quote doesn't help your cause either...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

If it looks like Rei, sounds like Rei, and straddles Shinji's pelvis like Rei, then it's probably...Yui Ikari.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus Inter Pares
    EoE was awesome, the viewers won in that respect especially me, because you're the one that rented it...

Shinji won in his mind, and you would have said that he won, had it been Rei you would be pushing the point, not I. Although, Asuka and Shinji sort of did win in the end, so did Maya although the comment "fingered by Rei" should be replaced with Lillith.

Also, your Gendo quote doesn't help your cause either...
    Correction, I bought it, remember?

EoE was awesome, but it didn’t fulfill the general desires of the audience. Anno intended it like this, as he was still a little pissed about all of the hate mail he received from the original ending (if you don’t believe me, there is a scene with this mail in it during the film).

Bah, why did you have to bring Amanda Winn Lee’s stupid metaphor into this, there is no proof that that was what Anno intended by the scene with Rei and Maya.

There is no WAY that I would have pushed forward the idea of Shinji getting with Rei in the end, everyone who has scene the series KNOWS how wrong that would have been. Plus, in the new ending Shinji doesn’t obtain mental conformation, unlike in the original; he is still indecisive right up until the final moment.

What are we arguing again? Oh, right:

Rei>All

P.S Seriously though, this is a pure example of knowledge put to wasteful use. We need another thread to discuss this crap…

So you admit that Asuka was better for Shinji than Rei?

Also you say that it was REI that "fingered" Maya, where as you said it was Lillith earlier, are you going to make up your mind?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    Bah, why did you have to bring Amanda Winn Lee’s stupid metaphor into this, there is no proof that that was what Anno intended by the scene with Rei and Maya.
    Who cares what Anno intended? It was funny.

Bah, there are going to be A LOT of spoilers from this point on so stop now if you haven’t seen the movie (namely a message to all those people I left user notes with)

We're not debating whether Asuka is better for Shinji than Rei, we are debating whether Asuka in general is better than Rei in general. I think we both agree that Shinji’s personal taste is NOT the best norm for anything.

Also, I was saying that Lilith was now a part of Rei (ie, she had become whole) so she now had a greater capacity to show emotions, not that rei had completely disappeared. She is Rei/Lilith at the point when she comes into contact with Maya, and for the remainder of this thread should be referred to as such when considered in the scenes after she Merges.

EDIT: Ms Lee is NOT funny. That statment cause Jason Lee to lose his trail of thought damn it! Precious Eva insight!

This is mainly about which one is hotter...
    Asuka

Or Rei

EDIT: BAH!
    Last edited by Primus Inter Pares; 08-02-2005 at 04:23 PM.