dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default A Stroll Down Memory Lane: Let's Praise the NES

:<3: :<3:

I'm looking for an NES to buy, since I miss having one around. NES is one of the greatest systems ever. Duck Hunt and Mario Bros. and all the other fun games.

And the cartridges. I remember how you had to shake them and blow into them and pray that they would work, and then when they did, you got to dance a little dance to the sound of Mario Bros. starting. Those were the days.

So, do you have an NES still and what are the things you love about it?
    Last edited by Rye; 07-31-2005 at 01:20 AM.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dance around until it shook your NES and you still got BSOD'ed x_x

I have my NES hooked up. I've got some classics, too. They just never freaking work.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

My old NES was my parent's and even they thought it was old, so by the time I was about 7 or 8, it stopped working. I'm going have to buy a whole new collection of games and NES again. Or I could wait for the Revolution because it's backwards compatible, but somehow, it's just not the same. xD

The oldest video game console Ive ever seen is theSnes. At least I think it was a Snes. I was too young to know what it was called but it played Street Fighter and this Lion King game. I'd always begthe older kids to show me the Lion King game because Street Fighter was boring. Then they turned on the Lion King, handed me the controller and left me to play. Then I realised I had no idea what to do and panicked.

Anyway Im done sharing

I don't own an NES, but one of my friends who moved had one. He had over 40+ games for his NES. We would always play this racing game, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I never owned an NES but my first system I ever owned(and had taken away T_T)was my SNES which I learned all my basic skills on Super Mario Bros. I don't own any Nintendo system right now, but I want to go back to the days when I was 3 and sitting near my little Tv with the clumsy controller in my tiny hands and then brutally jump on those damn goombas...*sniff*good times..good times...
    I am also getting a Revolution!
    The guitar is a medium for the soul...

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

My favorite game for the Nes is Crystalis. The first time I played I had no idea what I was doing. I just knew I could pop stuff with sword. I think I only made it past the first boss before my system broke. If it weren't for my friends and their old skool nostalgia stuff they have I would have never finished it.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the NES, I had the NES and my brothers and I would play it non-stop. My favorite game was Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers. <3333

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm not sure if NES even exists in my country yet.

I loved my NES. I had a chip put into it so I could play this cartridge from Singapore with 1200 games on it (mind you, there were a lot of them that were repeated, I think it was meant to say 120 games). They weren't full on commercial games, but they were a hell of a lot of fun.

I also loved my SNES to bits!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I never owned one myself, but my uncle had one, so I'd go over to his house and play it. I liked Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Final Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda, and Super Mario Bros 3, mainly because that's all he had.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I <3 my NES like you wouldn't believe. It's not my original, but I treat it like it is. One day I hope to get the NES 2nd model, as well as a Famicom. My games?

Super Mario Bros. 3: Back in the day this was the king of all games. The insane number of suits (fire flower, raccoon, hammer suit, tanooki suit, Kuribo's boot...) gave the series a lot of new depth, and the number of levels was just mind boggling. When footage of this game showed up in The Wizard before the game's release, it was like a wet dream for all gamers, though beating it in the time limit they gave in the movie was... ummm... farfetched. For a novice anyway...

Ninja Gaiden 2: I never beat this game. I don't think I ever got far past the 2nd level. Easily one of the toughest platformers I've ever played.

Legend of Zelda: You could play this game for weeks doing nothing but looking for more secrets. Finding hidden heart containers was always a big deal. This game shows how much gaming has changed. Playing this game again, I've realized just how hard it was to just not die in the original.

Super Offroad: Uhh... This is the one racing game I own. I owe my skill at playing Resident Evil games to hours of beating people with better engines in this game.

The whole Mega Man series: I was a total Mega Man addict. Anyone who's played Mega Man 2 or 3 will know why.

I've got plenty more, but those are the ones I played most. Even now there's NES games I want to get.

<3 Baseball Stars and Paperboy and Super Mario and Tecmo Bowl and Kung Fu and so on.

Blog Entries

Banzai, Nintendo! BANZAI!!!!

I emulate NES games on my computer and PSP. I'm too lazy to set up my old NES.

That and I'm afraid I'll hook it up and it'll be broke.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Even if it does break, there's still tons of Famiclones you could buy.