Thread: Stone Gun help

Default Stone Gun help

Why does my chemist start off petrified even while he has the Jade Armlet equiped?

I do know of your problem, i've tried using un petrification items as well for the stone gun and I think this is why, I think at the start of the battle, any and all effects occur to your character, but they go in the order of Weapom, Shield, Hat, Armor, Accessory, so I think the gun turns you to stone before you become resistant to it, or the square just thought that would be to easy and still made you work for it, I'm not sure
    "P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were taken out."

~Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005~

Have you ever wanted to just "read" Final fantasy tactics, then visit www.freewebs.com/fftstory

Ill just take my white mage instead of my chocobo to cast ensuna until i figure out a way to avoid this problem

Yeah, i'll let you know now, i'm not saying you tried this but this is a theory I had that didn't work, if you give a character the stone gun, and also give them monster skill (so that yellow chocobos can use esuna and etc.) while pretrified it doesn't work, so yeah, just thought i'd let you know if you use a yellow one
    "P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were taken out."

Have you ever wanted to just "read" Final fantasy tactics, then visit www.freewebs.com/fftstory

ive heard that somtimes it ca change depending on what hand it is and what you have equiped but i dont know

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't think anything can prevent pertification at the beginning of the battle. You'll just have to undo it after the battle starts.

if it does go the way Vod said youj can prevent it if there was a shield that prevented it

assuming thats how it works, I honestly have no idea if thats how items choose to work in battles

you could alwase use equipchange and start the battle without the gun on
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich3636
    you could alwase use equipchange and start the battle without the gun on
    to your sig: the old Final Fantasy games and the other older games were made by Square soft befor it meged with enix so technecally there not Square Enix games >_>
    Master of all swords cut energy, Night Sword!