Thread: Altima, Weakling Angel

Default Altima, Weakling Angel

Seriously, was anyone else disappointed with Altima? I was expecting an epic clash that would make Elmdor, Celia and Lede look like cripples... and I got a weird freak who got one turn in the entire battle. The first form got no turn at all, and Arch Angel form got one turn, in which it teleported near Alma, attacked, and was blocked... whoopdy doo.

Yeah... I had all my party attack altima and it went down, I don't think it ever used ultima-all against me. Also at that point u have orlandu who is a beast and can take down practically anything.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Beowulf and Cloud were far more useful against Altima than Orlandu. Beowulf's Drain consistently does over 500 points of damage compared to Orlandu's 2-300, and Cloud's Climhazzard eventually is assured 999 damage. I've never seen any of Altima's forms do anything because, quite frankly, I've never seen Altima attack. Altima would have been harder without such piss-poor speed, I think.

Totally. Altema just gets owned by all. OWNED
    BURGLEFICKLE!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Frankly I consider Velius the toughest boss, followed by Gafgarion at the Golgorand Execution site. In both cases, it's not just the boss, but the mob of flunkies that assist that make winning so difficult.

Both are pre-Orlandu of course. Every boss battle I fought after I got Orlandu was a breeze. It also helped that I equipped Math Skills on everyone.

call me crazy but I think one of the hardest fights was the one where you save Olan, it's only hard because sometimes when I do that fight Olan is completely stupid and doesn't use galaxy stop, he just kept trying to fight, I wish he joined your team though, is it me or would Olans entire family make this game a breeze?
    "P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were taken out."

~Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005~

Have you ever wanted to just "read" Final fantasy tactics, then visit www.freewebs.com/fftstory

When I played the game, the hardest fight was against Elmdor and his hos.

Contributions

You mean the one on the Roof of Riovanes castle? It's tough if one of them gets a turn, but you don't have to kill all of them, just critically wounding one of them makes them teleport away.

Inside Limberry Castle, I mean... the one where you must beat Elmdor down to the ground, then fight Monster Elmdor.

Contributions

The real challenge is stealing all of Elmdor's equipment. All of them are rare, one-of-a-kind stuff too.

Altima was definately easy. Got to the point where i was bored enough to let her pull off Ultima-All attack just to see what it would look like. One thing about her is she's got a cool sprite for her first form.

Hardest fight i encountered was dealing with Elmdor/Celia/Lede on top of Riovanes. Wasen't prepared for that battle at all.

Stealing Elmdor equipment was mid-difficulty. More importantly, i'd rather have Celia and Lede in my party then his equipment on hand. Stop Bracelet certainly has deadly potential.