Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy III - "The Chronicles of Eureka"

Default Final Fantasy III - "The Chronicles of Eureka" (#9)

Hey all! I apolgize if this is the wrong forum (I figured it was either this or the art forum), but I'd like to share with you a new sprite comic series I will be making. If this is the wrong forum, feel free to move it.

Anyways, this comic series is called "The Chronicles of Eureka", a comedic sprite comic focusing around Final Fantasy III (NES), which I feel is the best of the 3 NES games. Anyway, "The Chronicles of Eureka" is to Final Fantasy III what 8-Bit Theater is to Final Fantasy and what "Ah, The Power of Cheese" is to Final Fantasy IV. Basically, I'm going to stay true to the events that happen in the game but all the events will happen in some funny way, with quirky character personalities. But enough talk, let's get right to it shall we?

The first issue is mainly filler. The storyline will pick up soon, don't worry.

Anyways, C+C plz kthxbye.

Archives:

Issue 1
    Issue 2
    Issue 3
    Issue 4
    Issue 5
    Issue 6
    Issue 7
    Issue 8
    Issue 9
    Last edited by Hinky the Pickle; 08-29-2005 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Wrong URL for image.

To be honest I think it needs a little more criticising the game and pointing out dumb things in the game. As this is your first it's pretty good. I hope you aren't hoping for the fame that Necro achieved though.

Edit: I think it needs direct screen shots cause half (99% actually) haven't played it before.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like!! I find it funny. But like BSS said you need a little more criticizing...

Well, in my defense the game hasn't even actually begun yet. XD Those who have played FF3 know the game starts out in the cave, but I thought I'd have a little pre-game storyline because the game never explains why they went to the cave.

If its anything like the power of cheese Im certainly interested.

Here's ish 2. Remember, this is still kind of pre-game stuff, so it's just character development mostly. Enjoy.

You should listen to the dialogue of the Final Fantasy III - Legend of the Eternal Wind soundtrack for inspiration. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
    I hope you aren't hoping for the fame that Necro achieved though.
    Yeah, you know I've been having sex with like hundreds of young beautiful groupies every day and I can hardly even go out anymore without being approached in the mall or supermarket. Maybe you don't even want the fame I've gained, sometimes it can seem a bit invasive, although I am scheduled to appear on the Craig Kilborn show next week, that should be fun.

I'm really having trouble reading Danon's text. Also, I'm not particularly fond of the font. Otherwise keep on going .
    Sigless

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I don't think something needs to be original in order to be good, but the similarities to 8-Bit Theater here are pretty distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    I don't think something needs to be original in order to be good, but the similarities to 8-Bit Theater here are pretty distracting.
    Ditto. Still well made, however I would have created a new style instead of copying Brian Clevinger's.
    Hi! I don't come on here often, but when I do, be sure to say hi. I'm nice and I don't bite. I just have a life.

Square Games I have beaten:
    FFIV, FFVI, FFIX, FFVII

Square Games I am currently playing:
    FFX, FFV, Chrono Trigger

Pleeeeeease don't spoil anything for me. Or I will cry. And maybe stab you with a plastic fork.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would recommend keeping the sprite colors consistent when you're using the battle sprites versus the overworld sprites (i.e. red versus pink). It makes it easier to tell who's who.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    I would recommend keeping the sprite colors consistent when you're using the battle sprites versus the overworld sprites (i.e. red versus pink). It makes it easier to tell who's who.
    Well, I'm basically staying true to the game which actually had two red Onion Knights. XP It'll be less confusing when they change job classes anyway, so no worries.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

I'll be frank. This is just 8-Bit Theater with slightly different characters and plot, and about a tenth of the wit. The format is the same, the jokes are the same, the backgrounds are the same, the dialogue is the same. It's not very funny, either.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

And now here's number 3. The plot is moving right along now.

*claps* the comics should be longer though if you ask me. The first 3 could have been one.