Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare Items

Default Rare Items

Can anyone tell me the easiest ways to get energy crystals, pulse ammo, and Dragon fangs?

I'm on disc 3, just after getting the Ragnarok, I've just gotten Bahamut, and I'm about to do the Research Centre and Ultima Weapon. However I want to at least get the Lionheart (and maybe even the rest of the ultimate weapons) before doing so. I keep fighting level 100 Ruby Dragons on the Island Closest to Hell, but all they drop are those blasted fury fragments and inferno fangs.

As well, where's the best place to find wendigos, or another way of getting steel pipes?

I want to get all this without levelling up, as well.

To summarize what I'm looking for:

Energy Crystals
    Dragon Fangs
    Steel Pipes

Please and thankyou.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

ok, to get some energy crystals u will have to wander the plains around esthar, search all around its plains outside of esthar, and u will run into some behemoths keep killing them until they drop the amount of crystals u need, for steelpipes i know a perfect place to collect them, remeber when u first go to galbadia garden to get irvin,
    remember the forest u have to cross to get there its a little forest spot u had to cross to get to galbadia, anyway there should be wendigos in there u can steal them from them or they can drop them,and for the dragonfangs go to the snowplains near trabia garden, run around outside and u should fight some bluedragons, they drop them. tell
    me if u have trouble collecting the items. sorry but itll be difficult not to level up while getting these items.ill try to think of some otherways
    of getting them.u can card mod some elnoyles for E-crystals, u wont level up when u card mod, for steelpipes u can refine or card mod elastoids,its easier to refine though. dragonfangs thats the only way i know is to kill bluedragons,sorry.
    Last edited by blackline77; 08-02-2005 at 09:45 PM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Behemoths don't drop energy crystals do they?

Go into esthar, find the soldier sitting against the wall (I think it's on the upper story) and he'll laugh creepily at you and initate an elnoyle battle. When you exit the screen and reenter you can do it again.

yes rubah that is another way but look it up behemoths do drop E-crystals.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I find behemoths to be too rare of a find anyways xD

well just know that they can drop E-crystals.

make sure to get Heros those are the best and the other just wonder around on the world map or go to the traninig center and steal.
    Do u play rs(runescape)if u do pm me!!!

Yes, Behemoths have them as a rare drop at levels 30 plus. However, crazybayman was complaining about not being able to get them from level 100 Ruby Dragons, which drop them even more frequently than Behemoths do.

Stick with the Elnoyle soldier trick. Guaranteed Energy Crystal from a victory at levels 40+, and same drop rate as Behemoths from 30-40. Since you can always find the soldier there, you also don't have to worry about having trouble encountering the right enemy.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 08-03-2005 at 06:13 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The best way to do this is to,

Dragon Fangs: Go to the forest where you had the Laguna dream. There should be grendles in there that drop them if they are lower then Lv.20.

Adamintine: Get the Minotaur card and refine it into 10 adamintines. (You only need one though.)

Pulse Ammo: Do the Esthar soldier-elnoyle trick. Get two energy crystals and refine them in to the needed amount of pulse ammo.

Go to a Junk Shop and BAM!!!
    You have LionHeart!
    Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Behemoths don't drop energy crystals do they?

Go into esthar, find the soldier sitting against the wall (I think it's on the upper story) and he'll laugh creepily at you and initate an elnoyle battle. When you exit the screen and reenter you can do it again.
    i always tell everyone that on other forums but no one ever listens.... so do you have to defeat a blue dragon to get dragon fangs? im just starting a low level game too.
    Yep, yep, * White Aeris * is back : D
    ♥ ♥ Beautiful Signature by Polaris ♥ ♥
    &hearts; &hearts; Thank you muchly for not one, but two signatures ~<3

Default ^____^

In Eastern of Deling City,find the area where soil is red (maybe brown,just no grass there,you can see this plain when you do "Tomb of Unknown King" quest),there is almost only Wendigo there and they appear as a couple!
    Collect all Steel pipes you want!

Thanks a lot everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by blackline77
    when u first go to galbadia garden to get irvin,
    remember the forest u have to cross to get there its a little forest spot u had to cross to get to galbadia, anyway there should be wendigos in there u can steal them from them or they can drop them,
    Thanks, this worked like a charm. Now I finally have Doomtrain!

Quote Originally Posted by tranvanhieu
    In Eastern of Deling City,find the area where soil is red (maybe brown,just no grass there,you can see this plain when you do "Tomb of Unknown King" quest),there is almost only Wendigo there and they appear as a couple!
    Collect all Steel pipes you want!
    Thanks.....wish I knew that before! it would've saved me a lot of time and frustration!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Yes, Behemoths have them as a rare drop at levels 30 plus. However, crazybayman was complaining about not being able to get them from level 100 Ruby Dragons, which drop them even more frequently than Behemoths do.
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Stick with the Elnoyle soldier trick. Guaranteed Energy Crystal from a victory at levels 40+, and same drop rate as Behemoths from 30-40. Since you can always find the soldier their, you also don't have to worry about having trouble encountering the right enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by * White Aeris *
    i always tell everyone that on other forums but no one ever listens.....
    Right...thanks people ......so where exactly in Esthar is this soldier?

Edit:Nevermind, I found him!
    Last edited by crazybayman; 08-03-2005 at 02:42 PM.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

If you're still looking for Dragon Fangs, you can get them from either Blue Dragons in the Forest near Trabia, or from Grendels in the Roshfall Forest near Timber.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

If you're still looking for Dragon Fangs, you can get them from either Blue Dragons in the Forest near Trabia, or from Grendels in the Roshfall Forest near Timber.
    Thanks. I did manage to get some from a Blue Dragon by the mountain Range near Shumi village.

I didn't know Grendels dropped them too.

Time to go beat up on Ultima!
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

what about me Crazybayman?
    Do u play rs(runescape)if u do pm me!!!