Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Fantasy Football 2005-2006

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Ah, tomamar took the lead from me by 7 points. Still, we both have three players that play tomorrow so we'll see what happens then.

Meanwhile, Del Mordor has shot up the table, after starting last he has already shot up three places, and is now very close to Cz's AFC Overrated, who currently are living up to their namesake.

Good ol' Reyna. I'm glad I switched him in. I also got four Man U players playing tomorrow. It should be an "okay" week. And it's funny because I didn't notice that Liverpool and Arsenal weren't playing, so it's only eight out of eleven. Ah well, better than week one where it was 0 out of 11. xD

I need a van Nistelrooy hat-trick today....then I'll be way ahead...

So Doc, how's your shoot up the table thing going?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by tomamar04
    I need a van Nistelrooy hat-trick today....then I'll be way ahead...
    No you won't, because I have him too. :laugh:

Charlton beat Middlesbrough 3-0, and I had two Charlton players, so heh.

*ignores tomamar in the same way Jose Mourinho ignores the underlings that are Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger. Mainly because they are inferior and jealous that they will never again reach the dizzying heights that will be achieved by the Portuguese maestro even though they may feel at any time they have claimed a temporary victory.*

I hope the last two pages of this thread have taught you all a valuable lesson about media speculation. You've all gone mad talking about my team and their lovely kit without allowing me the chance to explain my actions.

I have sold my influential, yet aging captain for a decent sum of money, a shrewd move I think, but because I am an arrogant frenchman who wouldn't know a big name signing if he came up and punched me in the face, I'm yet to sign a replacement though I am happy with the start the cute Belorusian has made.

My team will do ok in Europe this year, as our group is quite possibly the easiest group in Champions League history. I imagine as soon as I have to play a team with any serious European pedigree, said arrogance will resurface and I will refuse to change my style of play which is so poorly suited to European football.

As for the kit, well, "I didn't see it."

Articles

Hmmm, I'm not so sure that Ar....sorry...the Whiglash Warriors...will overcome Ajax quite so easily although qualification from that group is very likely.

And Ruud van Nistelrooy and Rooney both scored, which will please Del Mordor as he has them both in his team, and he should overtake Czanthor (although Darren Bent of Charlton did score too, and Cz has him). Apparently Jean Alain Boumsong the "amazing" defender was at fault for both goals. And the Toon are still without a goal. Shepherd is going to make Souness history now, I think.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Souness should of went long ago.

When do the points get updated.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Hmmm, I'm not so sure that Ar....sorry...the Whiglash Warriors...will overcome Ajax quite so easily although qualification from that group is very likely.
    Let's talk about Liverpool.

Liverpool played fantastically in the finals; but everyone knows they got past Chelsea in the semi-finals by complete fluke in the first place. They have Chelsea in their group again, d'you think they'll be able to pull off another lucky, fluke win? To qualify, even?
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

I'm not sure whether to laugh at Psy or with him, but whichever one I decide, rest assued that the comment about Doc Sark's new kit will not stand. And I still think it could have used a few more smilies. :weep: :fpcry:

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark
    *ignores tomamar in the same way Jose Mourinho ignores the underlings that are Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger. Mainly because they are inferior and jealous that they will never again reach the dizzying heights that will be achieved by the Portuguese maestro even though they may feel at any time they have claimed a temporary victory.*

I hope the last two pages of this thread have taught you all a valuable lesson about media speculation. You've all gone mad talking about my team and their lovely kit without allowing me the chance to explain my actions.

I have sold my influential, yet aging captain for a decent sum of money, a shrewd move I think, but because I am an arrogant frenchman who wouldn't know a big name signing if he came up and punched me in the face, I'm yet to sign a replacement though I am happy with the start the cute Belorusian has made.

My team will do ok in Europe this year, as our group is quite possibly the easiest group in Champions League history. I imagine as soon as I have to play a team with any serious European pedigree, said arrogance will resurface and I will refuse to change my style of play which is so poorly suited to European football.

As for the kit, well, "I didn't see it."
    That'll do nicely, although I prefer the word stubborn to arrogant.

And of course, no matter how successful Jose Mourinho may become, every manager, be they Alex Ferguson or Roy McFarland, can claim victory over the man for having done things the honest way. We're all jealous of Mourniho, yes. But only in the same way as we're jealous of the rich kid down the street whose parents bought him a convertible for his birthday. Succeed or fail, we remain safe in the knowledge that we didn't cheat.

I should start making a decent commitment to this thing. The current EoFF league table does not make for good reading.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Articles

Liverpool v Chelsea a fluke? Semi-Finals like that are played over two legs to prevent flukes. If Chelsea, the champions, cannot put one past us in 180 minutes of football, I think that's skillful defending, not flukery. Liverpool and Chelsea were evenly matched over the two legs, so no, not a fluke, Liverpool had a chance and took it.

If Liverpool had got Arsenal's group, they would qualify with no problems. We get Real Betis and they get FC Thun. Although whether or not Liverpool can overcome Real Betis (I doubt Arsenal could, to be honest) is another matter, although with Rafael Benitez, as a Spanish manager who won the league with Valencia, and Liverpool having several players from Spain, we should have good knowledge of their playing style.

I think Arsenal would beat Betis without too many problems. They're not that amazing and really overperfomed last season to make it to the Champions league at the expense of other Spanish clubs like Sevilla, Sociedad and Valencia.

Still they'll be a good test of Liverpool's mettle.

I'm with you on the "not a fluke" issue though. Chelsea don't score a goal for 180 minutes, they didn't deserve to go to the final. The goal may have been contentious, but guaranteed Chelsea would have fancied their chances much more at 1-0 with 11 men, than 1-0 with 10.

After the super league cup liverpool will not win anything for ages, theyre being carried by a few good payers and thats it. Face it, they suck. And who else thinks that Newcastle are going to be relegated.
    Dont waste a cow, eat a vegetarian.

su carajo

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

If Souness stays thats what will happen. You'd have to be blind and stupid to say "Souness is great" bah, he's an idiot, on the verge of wrecking another team.

Even if they go down I refuse to to do what most football fans do: Ditcht he team ahnd go for the currently top team/s.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Articles

Yes, back on top of the league! Thank you Charlton's Stephan Andersen!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Yes, back on top of the league! Thank you Charlton's Stephan Andersen!
    I wish I hadn't forgotten to switch goalie. xD

EDIT: Shearer smells.

I still think Liverpool can beat Chelsea again. Can they beat AC Milan again, if they ever play them? I think not. <3 Psy
    Last edited by Doomie; 08-29-2005 at 04:00 AM.