Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fatty! You need to lose some weight. >:O

do you not think that small, fat people with umbrellas look like mushrooms
    Dont waste a cow, eat a vegetarian.

su carajo

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Yeah, I have a plus sized friend and when people say bad stuff about him he just picks them up and throws them off the side of the earth. And then eats some McDonalds.

Blog Entries

I hear what y'all saying and I agree.
    I know that she's in risk of health problem, but I believe she needs to hear it from her friends; in a calm way, rather than pushing her into something she's not ready to.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    he just picks them up and throws them off the side of the earth
    Reading that and the visual I got with it made me chuckle.

So did your friend throw the salesperson off of the side of the earth?
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Sheesh how is her being fat inconvieniencing anyone but herself.
    How does it affect me? ...

My health care premiums go up because more obese people mean more insurance claims because they're seeing doctors and in the hospital more often.
    My plane tickets have gone up in price because the average weight of a plane has gone up 10% in the last 15 years because of more people being obese and a heavier plane means more gas consumption and higher ticket prices.
    My taxes goes up because I have to support people being obese on government health programs.

... just to list a couple
    Im sure you affect just as many people in a similar sense if you're going that far into detail. An anorexic person affects you just as much in that sense.

first off...this thread has the coolest name...and second...people maybe scum but they are still people...they call you fat...get over it...why should you care...people should know that beauty can be found in all people...not just the people on the covers of magazines...

and remember...ORO?!

Roxas!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by evan
    Im sure you affect just as many people in a similar sense if you're going that far into detail. An anorexic person affects you just as much in that sense.
    No, my healthy living effects no one by nearly the same amount. There have been studies, news articles, announcements from companies, etc... talking about how the obesity epidemic is increasing prices and premiums on things across the board and indirectly costing the US millions every year.

And yes, I agree that Anorexia affects me in some way too and I am against it too, but it doesn't have nearly the impact that obesity is having.
    Figaro Castle

The Jamie Star Scenario The Jamie Star Scenario's Avatar

Isn't it funny when fat people get on the bus and the whole thing goes down because of the weight?

No, my healthy living effects no one by nearly the same amount. There have been studies, news articles, announcements from companies, etc... talking about how the obesity epidemic is increasing prices and premiums on things across the board and indirectly costing the US millions every year.

And yes, I agree that Anorexia affects me in some way too and I am against it too, but it doesn't have nearly the impact that obesity is having.
    Sorry but I dont believe fat peoples lifestyles have a largely bigger impact on you than skinny people, clumsy people, ugly people or whatever.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, screw facts!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Yeah, screw facts!
    I didnt say that. I dont think fat people affect the average person by much more than another persons lifestyle.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

But that's just what they're saying. It is a fact that obesity is costing countries that are having to deal with it millions. And it's a much bigger problem than any other "trait" such as anorexia, clumsiness, etc...
    Figaro Castle

Well Id heard the US was bad for obesity but its uncommon here in my country or other countries Ive been to.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    Quote Originally Posted by evan

And other studies have shown that some fat people really can't help being fat. Sure, people have taken hold of that, and tried to profit from it, but still it all really boils down to what you want to believe. The things you say are true, but I, for one, do NOT believe someone with in the reverse situation of obesity, that is to say someone with an eating disorder, affects your life as a consumer any less. In fact, I would most definitely say it affects it more. A visit to your family doctor costs much less than a visit to the emergency room and a seven month hospital stay because you're malnourished and freaking refuse to feed yourself.

There are always going to be people in this world who are bigger/heavier/fatter whatever, by either choice or by birth. Some people, including myself, want to do something about it, and do. However, I'll never be smaller than a size 13/14, so that's my goal. Why? Because that's what my body says I should be and because I'd look really freaking weird otherwise. There are many people out there who say that is simply far too big. But why should they be allowed to dictate that?

This saleslady wasn't concerned for the health of her customer, she was just a witch. And personally, I think rudeness is a much worse condition. I know if I had said ANYTHING like that to a customer, I'd probably be fired. And branded.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with you 110% foa. I'm referring to those that are morbidly obese and those that don't try to do anything about it and then claim that it's genetic or can't do anything about it. If you eat a healthy diet and/or get regular exercise but aren't falling within the "heathly" boundarys of weight for your age, sex, etc... then in my opinion you're healthy and your weight is healthy because your body's running smoothly and you're taking care of yourself. But unfortunately that's the minority and the majority get fast food 2-3 meals a day, never work out and then complain that they can't do anything about it and that's what's driving health care and other costs up (plus the fact that the baby boomers are getting older and more obese so that just exponentially drives up the costs but that's a discussion for another time).

Also, I agree that anorexia and similar diseases cost more but they are such a small percentage (as far as treatment is concerned) that obesity ends up over-shadowing it. Also, as I said before, both are an issue that need to be corrected, but we're talking about obesity in this thread.

And I agree that the salesperson should have kept her mouth shut. Regardless of how she felt she represents the business and she should be working making the sale, not preaching about weight and weight-loss.
    Figaro Castle