Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone in the game like Squall?

Banned

Default Why does everyone in the game like Squall?

Iīve always thought of this as pretty strange; Squall acts like a total ass a lot at least during the first disc, and still it seems as if everyone likes him a lot and stuff.
    Sure, he might look pretty good, but people donīt like you only because of that.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Because he's got a scar on his face and people think he's retarded and old people complain when people be mean to retards.

two words, Good hair

Blog Entries

I think many view him as a good leader; someone they can look up to. Everybody needs someone to look up to and Squall does have some good leader qualities.

Banned

Then what gives him his leader qualities?
    I thought he mostly stood there quietly, watching what the others were doing.

Blog Entries

He knows how to take affirmative action when it's necessary. That's the greatest quality a leader can have.

I dont like Squall, how on earth would you have a decent convo with him without him talked to his imaginary friend in his head...

well he does change so maybe ppl like him afterward
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks Owen Macwere for my new updated sig!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zbonks
    well he does change so maybe ppl like him afterward
    No he doesn't.

It's because he is the hero. I didn't really like him much in the beginning of the game, but the fact that somebody in the game liked him enough to dance with him makes him a little more likable. Cid also takes a particular liking to him, along with Quistis. Though it's not until you help save Ellone in the training center that he starts becoming more likable.

Thats my theory anyway...
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

sqall is a very likeable person to other people in the game but he hardly cares about anyone and keeps all of his personality to himself.he is a good leader but doesnt want to lead and people like him because they want to get to know him better(good luck on that!) at the end of the game sqall is completely changed though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Because Squall's the hero and in video games most of the supporting characters like the hero.
    Oh sweety you're not stupid; you just do stupid things! There's a difference.

Actually, they just accept that squall's the leader and imitate him a bit. He's their leader, or at least the guy with the leader qualities. They don't dislike anyone. They just accept that he's the way he is, except rinoa, and she helps him be the real him.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss.

squall is nothing but a bitter asshole throughout most of the game, and in real life no1 would have ever thought of him as any kind of a leader.
    Sam = Ax = MAS82587 = PedroXC = DistanceRunner = Cloud of SOLDIER

Squall's ok, but he is no leader. Like Rinoa once said, Squall might stay in the desert prison just because noone ordered him to escape. I like him because of his limit break, but other than that, he's clearly not on the coolest-character-of-the-year list.