Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautifull

heh heh sorry i was ornery last night. yous is riiiight, i sorrys.
    G SpOtZ is god.
    rcabronx is his goddess.
    and i.....i am their Ruby Weapon.

The control panel shapes do not well divide the world into continents and regions.

What revelence might this have to anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaven
    The control panel shapes do not well divide the world into continents and regions.

What revelence might this have to anything?
    This is Future Esthar we're talking about. Relevance doesn't come in anywhere.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by assemblage
    heh heh sorry i was ornery last night. yous is riiiight, i sorrys.
    No prob!
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

It may well be irrelevent, but it's still an interesting idea. At least for me it is because it combines three of my favorite things:

1) Geography
    2) Geometry
    3) Puzzles

Based on Future Esthar's present explanation I think he's half right, which isn't quite enough.

that contorl panel confused the hell out of me
    MoonLight-Selphie

:fpangel: Love Me Or Hate Me :fpdev:

:catsmile: :nibbles: :fpangel: :mog:

~african american princess at your service~

i understood that they they closely resembled eachother. but i don't understand where he's going with that. so what if they resemble eachother?

Thank you Hysterian!

This is Future Esthar. We are probably better off not knowing where he's going with it.

Although, if I had to guess, I'd say that he would argue that this is a clear sign that Esthar was planning an attack on the world that would begin by launching hundreds of little camoflauged hexagons, all of which are programmed with targeting information about the various areas of the world, and which may turn out to be armed robotic killing machines as well.

Like I said, I think I prefer ignorance in this case.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions

There are reasons that creators will deliberately impart a visual motif into their creation.

For example, in Star Trek: the Motion Picture the alien V'ger has six-fold symmetry: the ship exterior, the iris valves and later echoed by the hexagonal tiles surrounding the central brain complex. In the commentary the creators admit it was deliberate on their part.

Now I think Future Esthar might be trying to demonstrate the test pattern is deliberately meant to echo the layout of the world map, i.e. both have six-fold symmetry. This would be a good point if the world map did in fact have six-fold symmetry.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    There are reasons that creators will deliberately impart a visual motif into their creation.

For example, in Star Trek: the Motion Picture the alien V'ger has six-fold symmetry: the ship exterior, the iris valves and later echoed by the hexagonal tiles surrounding the central brain complex. In the commentary the creators admit it was deliberate on their part.

Now I think Future Esthar might be trying to demonstrate the test pattern is deliberately meant to echo the layout of the world map, i.e. both have six-fold symmetry. This would be a good point if the world in fact map did have six-fold symmetry.
    Ok, interesting as that was, I have seen that movie. "V'ger" was just one of the Voyager probes. They really didn't have a choice in the six fold symmetry if they wanted to keep their story consistent.

good luck on this thread people!!!

"when u tell people your dreams and visions they'll laugh and think your stupid,but if u hold on to them in the end you will be laughing and theyll be stupid"

thanks to FF7+FF10 gurl 100 for this great sig...

My question would be:
    Why not?
    Why canīt this had relevance to the game?

Isnīt it strange that the creators made a picture that fits the world map just for nothing?
    This is better than the Julia/Ulti and Rinoa/Elle comparisions.
    We are comparing things with geometry.This werenīt ordinary free draw comparisons but geometrical matching.This comparisions had a kind of rigor to them.
    This is not anything like the lamp comparison.

BG-57,I think we donīt need to consider all trapezoids to had the same area.Nor the pentagons.Even knowing that the display was not in first plane.This will not make the triangle unequilateral.I think that the lenghts donīt matter much but the topology does.
    I will try to draw over the map.

Close,Skyblade.
    The robot part is totally wrong.

I had a guess on it.
    And it is tottally relevant to all of the storyline.
    (You just need to see that it has to do with the world).

The strangest thing is not about the game producers themselfs and how they decide to made the world map.The strangest thing is :
    How could a world geography conform to an artificial drawing so perfectly?
    This made us think if the world of FF8 could be artificial IN SOME SENSE.
    The colors are also symbolical.One just need to think about the physics of colors to realize what is happening here.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    BG-57,I think we donīt need to consider all trapezoids to had the same area.Nor the pentagons.Even knowing that the display was not in first plane.This will not make the triangle unequilateral.I think that the lenghts donīt matter much but the topology does.
    I will try to draw over the map.

The strangest thing is not about the game producers themselfs and how they decide to made the world map.The strangest thing is :
    How could a world geography conform to an artificial drawing so perfectly?
    This made us think if the world of FF8 could be artificial IN SOME SENSE.
    The colors are also symbolical.One just need to think about the physics of colors to realize what is happening here.
    You lost me there. I don't quite get how the panels fit the map perfectly. For one thing, the two horizontal lines cut across the center of the continents, which do not correspond to any natural separtion of those regions into different zones.

Everything in FFVIII was deliberately made by the creators, but I don't see that they intended a deliberate connection between these two things.

Quote Originally Posted by skyblade
    Ok, interesting as that was, I have seen that movie. "V'ger" was just one of the Voyager probes. They really didn't have a choice in the six fold symmetry if they wanted to keep their story consistent.
    Why was six-fold symmetry necessary for consistency? The prism-shaped structure at the base of Voyager 6 has ten sides.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    I couldn't quite see it, so I drew the hexagon over the map as best as I could.

I'm not entirely sure it makes sense to divide up continents this way.
    hey the island closest to hell and the island closest to heaven aren't in the color panel zones O_O this must mean something, right?!?!?!?

sorry, that was unnecessary of me, i don't take you're theories seriously enough. i try to, but i just can't... but this one partly because i still don't know what you're trying to say with all of this...

Thank you Hysterian!

looking at BG-57's attached thumbnail image, i noticed, the island closest to hell and the island closest to heaven aren't in the color panel zones O_O this must mean something, right?!?!?!?

sorry, that was unnecessary of me, i don't take you're theories seriously enough. i try to, but i just can't... but this one partly because i still don't know what you're trying to say with all of this...

Thank you Hysterian!