Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautifull

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblade
    Ok, interesting as that was, I have seen that movie. "V'ger" was just one of the Voyager probes. They really didn't have a choice in the six fold symmetry if they wanted to keep their story consistent.
    Why was six-fold symmetry necessary for consistency? The prism-shaped structure at the base of Voyager 6 has ten sides.
    Really? *Goes to check* Damn, I could've sworn it was six. I wonder where I got that from. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar
    Close,Skyblade.
    I was kidding! Making a joke. Messing around. You were not supposed to take that seriously... Oh, no, what have I done..?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

G SpOtZ, I don't think I drew the picture up to Future Esthar's standards actually, but you're right for what it's worth. Had I drawn the hexagon large enough to fit all the landmasses, the top and bottom would have gone off the edges of the map. I still think it looks pretty darn cool though.

No problem, Skyblade. I'm a big fan of that much maligned movie and I thought I had missed something.
    Last edited by BG-57; 08-12-2005 at 01:59 AM.

Excelent!
    I am not the most expert drawer but if we consider that the polygons could had different areas then my best guess is:

It is topologically correct although the lenght and angles could differ.
    I make the best I could.

As you can see itīs impossible to overpass this lines by foot.
    The blue line is an exception.
    The blue line and the white lines represents the ideal mapping.
    The white lines represent the ones that match reality.
    The blue one is the one who donīt match it.
    In this case the real thing is the red curve.
    This curve canīt be overpassed by foot.
    This one pass on the middle of the Trabia Crater.
    Whatīs the reason behind this discrepancy?

What happens is that the Lunar Cry occurring on Trabia was the last one before the Pandora was thrown to the sea.
    The Lunar cry was generated artificially on Trabia.
    Adel donīt plans just one LC but many successive LCries.
    However her plans were unfinished because the Pandora was thrown to the sea.
    Thatīs it.
    Last edited by Future Esthar; 10-06-2005 at 03:57 PM.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Not that i get it all exactly, but if you take the idea that It geometrically to Geographically starts to disect the contents. Then you factor in the areas in the contents that not accessable to one another despite being congruent physically the model seems to make alittle more sense (though it still doesnt answer all the discrepencies).

As for this being pointless, its more interesting to try to get it despite its randomness. On the other hand its unneccessary to your understanding of the game so it wont change your life to understand or not.....

P.S. if you made a 5 to 7 degree turn clockwise of the geometric overlay it might fit slightly better, but maybe not

Ok I must say, it is an interesting idea but the world map matching the hexagon is a bit of a stretch. I just don't see it. But I suppose if you squinted hard enough...

Excelent!
    I am not the most expert drawer but if we consider that the polygons could had different areas then my best guess is:
    Are you trying to sound like a snooty proffessor? Maybe it's just me...

99% of the lines you could draw crossing the span of the world you wouldn't be able to cross on foot because of the sheer amount of ocean/lakes/rivers/etc.

And it makes me wonder why you had to flip the screen in order to fit the map... and even then it barely does.

It still doesn't make any sense at all.
    Sigless

Contributions

How can the hexagon fit the world map perfectly if you have to stretch both the size and the shape of the polygons?

I still don't get the placement of the horizontal lines. They map over rivers and lakes, which do not divide the landmasses completely.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

After I returned from a trip 10 days later you are still at it and you just keep them coming.

I will said that you wanted to prove that FF VIII world is artifical through this map thingy which mean it will support your theory of FF VIII being a WOTC world.

Also,this control panel is in Esthar, so it also support that "X" is related to someone in Esthar that have mastermind everything.

BTW, I really can't see any relationship between a random control, panel in Esthar being related to the world map. Even if it do, then it is how the dudes in Esthar draw and view the world map of the world.

Lastly I see a lot of craps in the last theories threads you made before I left but I decided to let them die. :rolleyes2

Excelent!

It is topologically correct although the lenght and angles could differ.
    I make the best I could.

As you can see itīs impossible to overpass this lines by foot.
    The blue line is an exception.
    The blue line and the white lines represents the ideal mapping.
    The white lines represent the ones that match reality.
    The blue one is the one who donīt match it.
    In this case the real thing is the red curve.
    This curve canīt be overpassed by foot.
    This one pass on the middle of the Trabia Crater.
    Whatīs the reason behind this discrepancy?

What happens is that the Lunar Cry occurring on Trabia was the last one before the Pandora was thrown to the sea.
    The Lunar cry was generated artificially on Trabia.
    Adel donīt plans just one LC but many successive LCries.
    However her plans were unfinished because the Pandora was thrown to the sea.
    Thatīs it.
    Unfortunately, this idea is inconsistent with itself. If BG 57's remake of the picture is false, as you claim, the entire thing is false. The image that you use cannot possibly have been planned by Esthar. The size and shape distortions are caused solely by the angle you view them at. Viewing them head on, they would appear as the image in BG 57's picture.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Even if you somehow proove that the lunar cry distorted the blue line, the hexagon is still not the one at the controll panel (or maybe it is the secret symbol of the operation, ond therefore not drawn correctly?)

... and FH seems to be in the middle of all this.

Contributions

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I think what matters on the symbol is the topology.
    And there is no way to show the polygons had the same area on the panel.
    So the possibility remains that they donīt have the same area.

If you donīt believe on this scheme yet you can also note the sequence on GF Eden.

On that scene you can see the planet and a triangle on the middle of it.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

I think what matters on the symbol is the topology.
    And there is no way to show the polygons had the same area on the panel.
    So the possibility remains that they donīt have the same area.

If you donīt believe on this scheme yet you can also note the sequence on GF Eden.

On that scene you can see the planet and a triangle on the middle of it.
    Ok, first, what does Eden have to do with Esthar?

Second, you may note that the triangle not only was not covering particular areas of the planet, but that it was also a equilateral triangle, thereby negating the skewed reasoning that you used to support this theory.

Contributions

Back into the fray. :rolleyes2

First of all the hexagon doesn't look equilateral only because we are looking down at it from an angle. But the gamer's POV is not the same as the characters. They are looking at it straight on, just like you would with any projection screen.

Second, the brain has a wonderful way of processing visual information. What our eyes record and what our brain perceives are very different.

For example almost all television screens are rectangular, but from almost any angle except straight on they appear to be trapezoidal. But our brain somehow can correctly infer that the trapezoidal images are just rectangles seen from an angle.

Although my eyes see unequal polygons my brain is perceiving them as having an equal areas, but viewed from above.

I knew that cognitive psychology course would come in handy one day.

You know , you dont have to look for signs in EACH smurfIN IMAGE, The makers of ff8 are just human you know, I dont think they have taken time to give everything a particular meaning.

Lately those theories are really getting out of hand, that Julia=Ultimecia theory WTTF? those arguments arghh