Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does Cid carry a spear?

Default Why does Cid carry a spear?

Most of the characters have weapons for good reasons:

Cloud, buster sword = got it from zack when zack was attacked and he wanted to get back at sephiroth.

Tifa, glove = people that don't plan on fighting still might have gloves lying around the house... altho i'm not sure what tifa's first glove weapon was... if it's out of the ordinary, i dunno why she would have it because she's just a bartender

Vincent, gun = he used to be in the turks. maybe he just had it with him in the coffin when he went into that deep sleep.

Barret, gun arm = i remember he got his arm/hand shot off or something, and i'd assume he used that because he was in or planning to start AVALANCHE to fight shinra.

Aeris, staff = she's an ancient, so i dunno, maybe they just carried those around...

Yuffie, shuriken/other stuff she uses = she's a ninja and a theif, so either way it'd be very useful to have those weapons...

Red XIII, comb = what, it's a comb that just happens to be sharp and capable of causing pain.

Cait Sith, megaphone = ummm... i dunno why he has a megaphone. and why he uses it as a weapon. *stumped*

Cid, spear = now this is the issue. why does he carry a spear? he's an astronaut or whatever, so he's not really planning on fighting anybody is he? is he thinking that once he goes in outter space he'll find evil aliens that will attack him, so he carries a spear around? or does he keep it in his room just in case an evil villain named sephiroth will try to reak havoc and summon a meteor and cid will be recruited into a group of heroes that are going on a journy to save the world? lol i know it's just a game and not something ur supposed to think about, but i just thought it was funny. anybody got any ideas on why he has it?

(btw i feel like i'm missing a character, i don't know why... if i am, somebody correct me)

Thank you Hysterian!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

1. No, you're not missing anyone.
    2. Tifa is a martial artist, that's why she's got fighting gloves. It's got nothing to do with not planning on fighting
    3. It seems like you have no proper reason why 6 of the charactes have their weapons, what makes Cid special?

'cuz i can't even come up with a logical reason as to why he would have it lol. the other characters i can easily come up with ideas, or even base it on facts to why they have their weapons.

and cid is special becuase he's cid ^_^

Thank you Hysterian!

That's very unusual. I've never noticed how left out Cid was. There must be some resemblance between him and the other FFs somehow. I mean come on, most lads who can pilot some type of airship have been named Cid. So what could be the connection here?
    Towelboy: Holy Cramoley, Poolman! It´s the devious Flashing Fiend with his abilities of extreme, evil, regretful imagery! How do we stop him?
    Poolman: You can go home Towelboy. There´s biscuits in the fridge.

^^^^ that was little off topic lmao i'm asking about his weapon

Thank you Hysterian!

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    Most of the characters have weapons for good reasons:

Cloud, buster sword = got it from zack when zack was attacked and he wanted to get back at sephiroth.

Tifa, glove = people that don't plan on fighting still might have gloves lying around the house... altho i'm not sure what tifa's first glove weapon was... if it's out of the ordinary, i dunno why she would have it because she's just a bartender

Vincent, gun = he used to be in the turks. maybe he just had it with him in the coffin when he went into that deep sleep.

Barret, gun arm = i remember he got his arm/hand shot off or something, and i'd assume he used that because he was in or planning to start AVALANCHE to fight shinra.

Aeris, staff = she's an ancient, so i dunno, maybe they just carried those around...

Yuffie, shuriken/other stuff she uses = she's a ninja and a theif, so either way it'd be very useful to have those weapons...

Red XIII, comb = what, it's a comb that just happens to be sharp and capable of causing pain.

Cait Sith, megaphone = ummm... i dunno why he has a megaphone. and why he uses it as a weapon. *stumped*

Cid, spear = now this is the issue. why does he carry a spear? he's an astronaut or whatever, so he's not really planning on fighting anybody is he? is he thinking that once he goes in outter space he'll find evil aliens that will attack him, so he carries a spear around? or does he keep it in his room just in case an evil villain named sephiroth will try to reak havoc and summon a meteor and cid will be recruited into a group of heroes that are going on a journy to save the world? lol i know it's just a game and not something ur supposed to think about, but i just thought it was funny. anybody got any ideas on why he has it?

(btw i feel like i'm missing a character, i don't know why... if i am, somebody correct me)
    Cloud and Yuffie are the only ones you put up reasonably. Tifa's a martial artist, as Mirage said, Cait Sith uses a Megaphone to boss around the stuffed moogle, Aeris was a flower girl, and the turks were always coming after her. A staff is cheap, and could be purchased at the Wall Market. Vincent uses a gun, but you said he used it because he was a Turk. I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure Elena's the only who uses a gun, aside from Vincent.
    Cid uses a spear because, come on. If you don't think an airship piloting astronaut wouldn't use a spear, something's wrong with you.[/sarcasm]

And, you forgot Sephiroth.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

lol fine, thanks for clearing up the other characters tho.

Sephiroth, masamune = i'm really not sure. the only thing i do know is that sephiroth was in SOLDIER and you gotta have a weapon for that, so maybe the masamune was just his trademark weapon. as to how he obtained it, i have no idea.

Thank you Hysterian!

it is so damn obvious:

cid is a house maid (a male one, or a butler if you will). he origionally used a mop, but didnt use it much since it was his first mop he ever had. on their trip to the temple of the ancients, he had dropped it, and went to find it. upon finding his lost mop, he had said in the dialogue CLEARLY, "Since i could lose my most precious mop at any time, i might as well make the best of it before i lose the @$#%& thing. Hahahaha." that was a clear statement made from cid in the dialogue. now, the reason why he uses spears and shaft looking things, is because he was so used to mopping, he figured hed use something in the relative shape of a mop, since he had been so used to holding/carrying/using one. that is why he uses a spear.

hope i helped.

you wanna show me a screenshot of that quote? XD nice job tho i loved that explaination. very convincing.

Thank you Hysterian!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Maybe astronauts are limited to stick-type weapons because of the recoil problems in zero gravity.

But of course the real reason is the creators wanted a lancer-like character.

Grin

With a foul mouth.......

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    <-- Take it from my little friend to the left.
    Do not lose your braincells!

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

The question you should be asking is "Why would Cid not use a spear?"
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan
    thanks, i try
    Are you an NPC from the SNES version of FFIV?
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because he's an astronaut, but he seems more like a sailor to me, with his potty mouth and his "Luck be a lady tonight" and his cigarette smoking and his outfit. But I'm guessing in the age FF7 is in, true sailors are gone.