Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VII before X?

Default VII before X?

I was just curious, does anyone else see the possibility that FFX happened after FFVII?

I mean, I know there is all that 'limitless energy' talk and all that. Maybe they just found something that was long lost. Like, maybe Mako was already around and the knowledge was lost. Something like 1000 years later, Zanarkand was born. Some time after that, Sin was born. 1000 years later....well you get the point.

I off-topiced this in another thread and decided I should start a new one. Sorry.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

Well, chronologically speaking it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...

^ Ultima88

Super cool forum, click here and join!: http://s13.invisionfree.com/World_of...ex.php?act=idx (join the RP)

...And it was Spoken...

Thanks for the tip, I forgot how to count.

No one ever said how time flows versus the way the games are numbered. 1 could happen way in the future. 10 could be way in the past.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

Blog Entries

I was under the impression that all the games happened on different worlds.....?

Maybe eventually, there will be a conclusion that shows that all the games are connected.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

They just added that for a funny FF7 reference, don't take it too seriously. All FF games have references to other FF games, except FF1 ofcourse. Don't

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

FF games have references but none of them are to be took so seriously its just in there to make people think all "wow i remember this"and stuff but its never ealy important.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    All FF games have references to other FF games...
    Case in point:
    Zidane from FF9 makes a reference to Cloud's Buster Sword (FF7). But supposedly FF9 happened in an earlier time period than FF7 (look at costumes and language used).
    "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." --Colossians 3:23-24

Quote Originally Posted by karatehero
    I was just curious, does anyone else see the possibility that FFX happened after FFVII?

I mean, I know there is all that 'limitless energy' talk and all that. Maybe they just found something that was long lost. Like, maybe Mako was already around and the knowledge was lost. Something like 1000 years later, Zanarkand was born. Some time after that, Sin was born. 1000 years later....well you get the point.

I off-topiced this in another thread and decided I should start a new one. Sorry.
    Its fun to entertain the thought though. It would be wild if it ended up there was some kind of huge SE plot-connecter thingy going on.

[leeza]Maximum sig height including image and all text: 250 pixels.[/leeza]

I was kinda wondering if thats what they were trying to do with Kingdom Hearts.

Although, having people that died in other games (Aeris) kinda shot that idea in the foot.

But

I understand that it goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10-2 11
    But in FF9 that was in the old in days and would that behide 7?
    I don't get it?

Shinra - Shin-ra

^_~
    Quote Originally Posted by I WILL DIE FOR YOU
    do you hate riiku or paine are you not protecting them like you are yuna thats wrong

A relationship between them could exist, but not likely, because I think that all the FF games are related with different worlds and times as well, I don't believe that could be a connection between them.

There's just one thing about almost all of them that could match:

- Like the entities that are called to fight the enemies. For example... in the FF X and X-2 are called the aeons, and on FF 8 are called the Guardian Forces.

- Also the fighting style like using swords, daggers, or some other projectile weapons. They are not too different from each other.

- There are always warriors or sorceress with black mage and white mage skills.

Those simple details could be a bound between almost all the FF game series, but I don't think that the stories could have a connection (at least beyond than that…)

Maybe someday the people of Square could create some Ultimate Final Fantasy that could establish a relationship between all the FF series... but I don't think this could happen anyways.

Blog Entries

The only direct correlation I've noticed beyond name and weapon references is the basis of the story... A group of mostly young people wanting to save a dying planet...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna Braska 19
    I understand that it goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10-2 11
    But in FF9 that was in the old in days and would that behide 7?
    I don't get it?
    What makes you think "the olden days"? The decor? The lack of technology?

Well colour me astonished!

If we all go to an African village, it's like a TIME PORTAL!!!!