Thread: [A] Need your opinion on something

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Need your opinion on something

About two years ago, I decided to make a comic strip of some sort. I only made seven comics (plus an extra one). I stopped for a couple of reasons.

1)My scanner broke. No one else I knew had a scanner. That really killed my motivation because there was no way I could post my comics anymore.

2)I didn't really like where the story was going. It had its moments, but I felt some pressure to make some never ending story. I felt WAY too restricted. Most people who saw it say it reminded them of Invader Zim. I like Invader Zim, but I wasn't trying to rip off the style. In fact, I wasn't even thinking about the show when drawing it! Upon further review, I can see what people were talking about.

3)There are usually three reasons for things.

Anyway, I have a girlfriend that has a scanner! Plus, I think I know what may be wrong with my scanner after all this time!

I do not plan on going on with the same comic though. I already made a drew two "episodes" of a new comic series I am calling "Bleh!". This time, I plan on making it like a traditional comic strip. What I mean is that I won't do a continuing story unless I can think of one (like "Calvin and Hobbes"). Plus, I already have a second series in mind. I think I called it the "extremely lazy comic" where I express my incredibly silly ideas that make no sense. I already made one of those, too (it's a lot like the "Stick Life" comic posted in my website, except a little less morbid).

What I plan to do it build a new website, just for my comics!

Anyway, I just want to hear a general opinion on my style of making comics. I'm not going ot sit here and beg you to visit my new site when it comes up. I am open to hearing your constructive opinions. I know I can't draw (some people say that's what makes some of my comics funny), I know I need to work on space issues, and I know that I probably made a spelling error or 12 somewhere.

Anyway, here is the link to my old series...http://www.geocities.com/sephex018/webcomic.html

***WARNING!! COMIC CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE AND SOME MATURE THEMES! DON'T GO THERE IF YOU GET OFFENED BY THE "F" WORD OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT! DO WE HAVE A DEAL? I HOPE SO.***

Please try to deal with the crappy design. Just tell me what you think. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sephex; 08-10-2005 at 07:14 AM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Finally!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ha ha! I knew you would get around to replying to this thread, but this quick? Damn! Well, thanks for the support!

Welcome back, man. *wants to read*

Hey you have to continue that!You may need practice but you are talented!

Put colour in your life
    Put Princess Yuna

Articles
    Blog Entries

I built the site today (very basic). Sometime this weekend, I think I'll upload the comics. In this thread, I'll post a link to the new website. Also, if you want me to PM you when it's open, let me know in this thread.

Oh, and I should have put this in the "Arts" forum, huh? If a mod wants to, he or she could edit the topic title so it has a [A] in front it while moving it to the Arts forum.

ITS AWSOME

Articles
    Blog Entries

I hit a little snag in terms of uploading my new stuff this weekend. I can't do it untill tuesday. I'll post again in this thread when I FINALLY have the new website up!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got the site ready today! As said before, the site is very basic. Well, that's what I get for using geocities! Anyway, let me know if you experience any problems! Here is the site:

http://www.geocities.com/crapitycomics/

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> "BLEH!" comics are the funniest, also "Tell the World" has that Gothic Dude who is clearly the funniest character of all..

The other comics arent that good like those I mentioned..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Okay here is my first Crapity Comics fan art.

SEVERED LOL

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Okay here is my first Crapity Comics fan art.

SEVERED LOL
    Holy ****! Nice! First, there was the greatness of the King ed pic...and now this! I take it that you like the new stuff. Thanks!

And I forgot one thing to mention in my last post: I'm going to try to post new stuff every Sunday or Tuesday. Both days if I'm lucky.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Holy [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]!, you should let Kishi draw atleast one of your comic strips..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know! I was actually thinking of having guest artwork in my site when I was starting this! In fact, I want to get edczxcvbnm's permission to post his hilarious paint pictures there!