Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is there going to be a world map???

Default is there going to be a world map???

is there going to be a world map??? like the good ol games

Thets all here a woot for cloud........"woot"

FREEKING QUEER!

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not really sure. I don't even know if anything's been said concerning that. But either way, I don't think it makes a difference. FFX/X-2 didn't have one, and it worked out just fine, I think.

--Box Box Box Box

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

they didn't have a world map? man, how lame. I like games with world maps because you can sit and look at the map.

FFX and FFX-2 has a world map. FFX u cant travel on tell late in the game but in FFX-2 u can travel anywhere u want after 30 min of gameplay. But u should still get FFX and X-2 (cause FFX has a GREAT storyline (middle finger to all who disagree) and FFX-2 will give u closure in its ending (if u get the GOOD ending that is) that will make up for FFX's not so happy ending.) Play em either way (in order of course), it will kill time while u wait for FFXII

This isnt the ff10 is great forum, I would hardly say that was a world map anyway, hopefully they learn from the awful 10 and do put one in, if not more in scale, although if they didnt have one but still had it in large ff11 style and not one long road with a boss on the end I would die a happy man.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Considering how much airships and flight are focused upon in the story, I really doubt they'd reprise FFX's "just select a location from a list" way of doing things.

I would like to see how they make a world map in ps2 graphics. I hope they do have a world map.
    Making a new sig

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dunno, I'm kind of hoping that it's just medieval-steampunk-urban city stuff. It'd be cool to have a large, open city that you could fly your ship around in.

Of course, that won't happen, but I can dream.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd like to see the return of a world map in one way or another, but a more realisticly done one would be a great addition to the game, considering the focus on airships.

I bitched about this ages ago, I love the World Map
    I made a thread about how I hate the fact that FFX has no world map
    And all people did was saying that I silly, and that FFX is the best
    I disagree
    I gather that FFXII will just have the select a location
    My hopes for FFXIII are clear now....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    I gather that FFXII will just have the select a location
    Based on what?

Hmm, I'm kind of hoping they don't go back to the traditional world map. It's a bit outdated in my opinion, and it makes the world seem really small. I liked Final Fantasy X's solution where it was a world map that you use like a menu because it made it seem like there was tons of places in the world that existed, but you couldn't go there because there was no reason to. I think they should expand on that idea rather than going back to the world map. Unless, of course, they make everything look like Esthar.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Hmm, I'm kind of hoping they don't go back to the traditional world map. It's a bit outdated in my opinion, and it makes the world seem really small. I liked Final Fantasy X's solution where it was a world map that you use like a menu because it made it seem like there was tons of places in the world that existed, but you couldn't go there because there was no reason to. I think they should expand on that idea rather than going back to the world map. Unless, of course, they make everything look like Esthar.
    Agreed. I'd like it to be more expansive than that, perhaps something like the way XI works. It's really easy to believe you're actually in a real world than going from place to place on a map like in the previous games, especially when you're suddenly twice the size of the town and trees. When I go through a forest, it's nice to actually be in the middle of all the trees, instead of just watching a character's feet go through them. I think the former lends a lot more to potential exploration.

I am pretty sure they will have a world map. I cant think of a single RPG game that didnt have a world map honestly. I know FFX and X-2 had world maps but they werent really needed or accessable till you got a ways into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Agreed. I'd like it to be more expansive than that, perhaps something like the way XI works. It's really easy to believe you're actually in a real world than going from place to place on a map like in the previous games, especially when you're suddenly twice the size of the town and trees. When I go through a forest, it's nice to actually be in the middle of all the trees, instead of just watching a character's feet go through them. I think the former lends a lot more to potential exploration.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it will be done in the style of Final Fantasy XI, where everything is large and to scale. In fact, I am sure that towns are to scale, so when you approach a town or kingdom, you see it towering in front of you, rather than a miniature representation of it that you collide into to enter.