Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: human experiments?

Banned

Default human experiments?

on two threads now and by 3 people human experiments have been talked about positively. to inflict upon our undesirables.

is it just me or is this the end of morality? to say that such things practiced in auschwitz by mengle are a good thing?

is that what humanity and morality has become?

i personally find it appauling.

Humans will always be appauling. But they will always be good to.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

This is one of those things where it's hard to take sides. It's like my humanist and my pragmatist sides are fighting their own major war in my head.

On the one hand, the experiments (I'm assuming) are for the betterment of humanity as a whole. It would be far better to experiment on other people than on animals that are "similar."

However, to do this, it would be the same as adopting an idealist society where individuality doesn't matter. If you must die for the group, you will.

On the other hand I'm sure most of there people agreed to it right? That's the only legal way to test on humans anyway.
    lol signature

Banned

no this was talk of forcefully doing it on unconvicted or charged suspected terrorists and convicted child molesters.

no choice.

There are published standards for experiments that require human standards.

edit: Oh.

Ah, I see.

Doing it without choice is like I said earlier. It would be for the greater good, but it would remove any semblance of individuality and choice from these people, which I am completely against in all forms. Even convicted prisoners. They should serve their sentance, yes, but they shouldn't get this.

It's one of those hard to decide "Amoral, but for the greater good" kind of things.
    lol signature

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Personally it doesn't matter to me as long as only new sentences would get affected by it. You see... if you commit a crime and ended up in jail.. you choose that way. Here it would be you make the decision to risk such treatment(which would have to follow certian standards anyways) when you commited the crime. So therefore I do not see a lack of choice.

However, it does still leave a somewhat bad taste in the mouth.. but as long as standards were fair and followed and we knew that they commited the crime then I could see it as an extreme sentence that could be handed down.

Also my own opinion on that would be; if they got the sentence due to a lose of control due to anger or too much alcohol, then if they were used for the advancement of science.. then the tests that they were used in must have the goal to aid those with the same problem. Thus, this could be used to maybe help cure some of the sicker people in our world.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

And again, I am forced to ask: What the hell is "morality"?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Arent people like against any type of experimentation or the sort here in this country(US anyway)? The Nazi people did those things on Jews and now we are advocating it here despite people saying how despicable they were? What hypocrites.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

If its on a convicted-child molestor, sure? why not?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    If its on a convicted-child molestor, sure? why not?
    And how/who determines levels of evil or severity of crimes? What if to someone else stealing a loaf a bread is on an equal level or even moreso than child molestation...should then someone be killed/experimented on?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    And how/who determines levels of evil or severity of crimes? What if to someone else stealing a loaf a bread is on an equal level or even moreso than child molestation...should then someone be killed/experimented on?
    well, usually, stealing a loaf of bread doesnt smurf up someone for the rest of there life and make it hard for them to trust another individual of the same sex that molested them. But I guess if stealing a loaf of bread from someone had that effect on everyone, then, yeah, I guess so. But it doesnt, and as such, stealing a loaf of bread is completely incomparable to molesting a child.

But we already had an arguement similar to this, and I really dont want to repeat that, just posting my opinion.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

no this was talk of forcefully doing it on unconvicted or charged suspected terrorists and convicted child molesters.
    I believe I had said that I it should be done on people in death row or serving a life sentance for murder.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

no because what if:

they develop super powers and bust out of jail and go on a crime spree

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    no because what if:

they develop super powers and bust out of jail and go on a crime spree
    well, if that happens, Bush will turn into super dumbass and save us all.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well