Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Griever!

Default Griever!

Can anyone give me any hint on how to beat this guy. I dont think im strong enough, what are the recommended stats for this battle.

Erm... you need a good junction, i.e. a lot of str for Squall. Try casting Aura at him and making as many Renzokukens as you can. Also, I'd strongly suggest having Quistis with White Wind and Guardian or Selphie with Full Cure in your team.

And yes, try getting 9999 HP for everyone

I've beaten the game a couple of times. The easies one was with Squall and Quistis at level 100 and Selphie at level 87. 2 healers and one strong attacker just rule

Griever's pretty easy by this time you should (doesn't mean you need to) have 255 strength on squall, that combined wih aura is an easy way to slaughter all of ultimecia's forms, if you don't have 255 strength let me recommend going out one of the gates into the normal world and drawing around the island of heaven and hell or using the devour strategy. Just having good junctions is all you need (unless you're ultima shadow).

Now, the cheap way: Use holy wars, hero or the end.

Main danger is Shockwave Pulsar so try to have at least 9000 life. Ultimecia is very easy if you just renzokuken every chance u get

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

The Jamie Star Scenario The Jamie Star Scenario's Avatar

Eden.

Edit: with boost.
    Last edited by The Jamie Star Scenario; 08-14-2005 at 02:58 AM.

that works too.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

all you need to do is have plenty of megalixirz(preferably from bahamuts card.and yes you can fight bahamut and ultima weapon in the future if youve missed it.)and you will need enough defence and HP to surive shockwave pulsar(if you dont kill him on time he will use it anyway and survive and possibly use it again if you let the battle linger on but i havent tried letting it linger.there is no way of avoiding greiver using shockwave pulsar on you unfourtunately.)after the battle use a megalixir then fight.(the next form of the battle can deal 3000-4000 damage to the entire party so good luck!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Here's what i did to beat the whole ultimecia thingy (except the first form).
    Have Zell and Rinoa with you.
    Have 100 megaelixers from bahamut's card. (it's not like you'll be able to use it)
    Use cerberus (or just use triple) on your party.
    Cast aura on everyone.
    Have everyone's strongest weapon.
    Make sure angelo knows all of his ablilities, especially wishing star and invincible moon.
    Don't use angel wings!
    Be sure everyone's stregnth is really high, and use physical attacks and Limits.
    With zell's duel just use punch rush and booya continuously, none of the other comands (with some practice and maxed out str. he does over 100,000 with duel!!)
    Between Duel, Lionheart, and Wishing Star, it was a breeze!

Other notes:
    Make sure you've used a phoenix pinoin, you may need phoenix!
    When fighting griever, keep everyone's HP higher than 3000, his shockwave pulsar does a lot.
    Ultimecia's Hell Judgement will knock everyone's HP to 1 so have plenty of megaelixers!

um, my stats arnt even close to the above. all my characters are below level 30, everyones hp is well below 3000, i dont have eden and i dont have all limit breaks. so i think im just going to go back to disk 3 and level up more. thanks anyway.

there is a way to make rinoas angel wing only cast a certain spell so if she constantly casts meteor in angel wing shell be doing 60000+ damage a turn(i forgot the strategy for doing it but it does work.).

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi
    um, my stats arnt even close to the above. all my characters are below level 30, everyones hp is well below 3000, i dont have eden and i dont have all limit breaks. so i think im just going to go back to disk 3 and level up more. thanks anyway.
    You can go back to disk three?
    Leveling up won't make you stronger, it's juctioning Decent magic to your stats that will make you stronger, some Good magic to juction would be..ultima, flare, full-life, tornado, meltdown..etc. As for eden you can draw it from tiamat in ultimecias castle, (I've heard you can get it from either ultima, omega or both but i've never faced them so I wouldn't know.) If you have a high enough spirit stat and shell you'll only need around 3000-4000+ hp. You don't really need all those fancy-pants limit breaks or items either, why don't you challenge yourself instead. Once you get past greivers shock-wave pulsar hes really not hard at all, the two battles after greiver get considerably harder so watch out Oh yeah and good luck!

but levelling does make it easier to get max HP.but it does make things easier to be on low levels in your situation.you will need to go back to the world map and train and draw some good magic.good luck.

I just discoverd the leveling up stratagy where you run from monsters on the island of hell or heaven and let odin do the killing, it works great.

To heck with that. Just use Quistis' Degenerator.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I suggest you get all of the GF's then. They help a LOT! I had everyone at level 16 and only had diablos and the other gf's you draw. I leveled everyone up, got the gfs and went junction mad!!

Here's another tip: Go to the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell and use the Enc-None ability. Keep drawing from all of the draw points there until you have 100 ultimas for everyone. They fill up fast!

Have you tried junctioning 100 Holies to you HP and got at least HP+20%? By the way guys, what does Degenerator do?