Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I gave my 10 YO a miniskirt and a tubetop. You?

Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    Maybe he just doesnt want to.....I dont due to how expensive they are...
    Hey it's not about that it's about love man! I am sickened by that. Babies do cost but what is so bad about it? Everyone was a baby and imagined if you found out your mom/dad said that beforeyou were born? It would make you feel terrible

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

So, regardless of whether they'd be able to financially support a family, everyone who wants to have kids should do so. Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    So, regardless of whether they'd be able to financially support a family, everyone who wants to have kids should do so. Sounds great.
    Who says he's in a financial problem? If that's the case I understand

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> My 8 years old cousin use that kind of skimpy clothes, no one in the family has complained about it..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> My 8 year cousin use that kind of skimpy clothes, no one in the family has complained about it..
    Yeah. Same here.

Wearing tube tops and short shorts. She looks like trailer trash.

I comment on it all the time, but *I'm* the one that gets yelled at. "She can wear whatever she wants."

Ugh.
    lol signature

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I really dont care what she wears anyways, its her parents duty to decide what is good or not for her. Not me.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Guado_Goth
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster
    I hope I never have a daughter. I hope I never have any offspring, actually.
    Er... any reason?
    I just don't. I wouldn't have the patience. My sister leads a horrible life, and I see my mother is in a lot of pain because of her, I could never go through that. As just her brother I feel guilty she chose the path she did, let alone the one who raised her? No. I couldn't take that kind of responsibility.

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

I'm just scared of having a daughter that wants a new outfit every 2 weeks. There are girls in my school that talk about having 10 pairs of unworn shoes. If I have a daughter like that, I'll be sure to oust her from the family. Remind me in ten years if I forget to.
    :monster2: One, AH! AH! Two, AH AH! Three, AH AH!

Don't Wish Life Away Mahal Kita's Avatar

This whole topic bothers me, since I'm noticing it more and more.

I guess they just want to grow up... When I was their age, *shakes cane and clears throat* I couldn't wait to grow up and be like a teenager, or somewhat. But I did keep my clothing under control. And some of my possessions.

It's just this new breed of preteens that scares me. I've seen these practically nine year olds parading around the mall in their skimpy clothes they bought buying more skimpy clothes whilst talking on their new up-to-date cell phones as one of her friends is texting somebody else and the other is reapplying foundation and powder she reached out of her $500 purse. Seeing this makes me almost feel cheated out of that image that I acutally wanted back then, but it also makes me realize how I would've been seen had my parents not held me back inside the house never to let me be seen like that. My parents knew what was right for me. ~_~

Now I'm not saying I will lock my daughter (dare I have one someday) inside the house or make her wear jeans, a high-neck blouse, sweater, and trench coat in the middle of summer as a teen, but it's almost as if there should be an age for that. If my daughter wanted to "'round, struttin' her thang in a super-micro-mini-skirt at the age of 6" no doubt I'd do something about it.

It could be some of the parents fault, but sometimes young girls buy things with their money and the parents just don't pay mind to it.

Girls may tend to get bored with the barbie dolls, the easy bake oven, and the promise of a pink pony. So they turn to what's hip or what their friends like. They want to grow up and express themselves or feel accepted among their peers. But sometimes they're swayed by the media and some designers to sashay in a scantily-clad manner to achieve some kind of feeling of being a woman.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

10 is pushing it a bit, but before 9 (ie before puberty) the only thing we have to worry about is seeing lower half nudity, which miniskirts do not show.

In fact you can see what my point is heading towards, and that the problem isn't the clothes but your collective mentality towards the idea that women should be perpetually (or if not perpetually not until they or 47 years old and past menopause) prim, proper, and free of sexual thoughts.

I should point out that ten year old boys who walk around topless are not chastised.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Clothing is all the same to me really...I don't see how and why people define certain things as "skanky" and others as "oh well that's perfectly appropriate!"...

But then, I'm one of those crazy newage hippies.
    I like Kung-Fu.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    If I ever had a kid, I'd make sure shes in fashion, if that type of stuff is "In" then yes she can have one. I want my girl to be happy....and popular. And popularity is everything as a Kid......
    That's kinda sweet.... in a sad kind of way....

And I've noticed that trend, too. It's not pretty.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

When I see six year old girls dressed up like they're eighteen - it makes me angry. It is the parents responsibility.

But when I see thirteen year old girls dressed like their eighteen and all they're 'all that' - it worries me, all of them are trying to grow up way to fast.

I think the whole style ruins the mystery of girls/women period. Don't men want women's faults concealed rather then put out. "Oh look, that girl has a mole on her left thigh". Such things ruin everything if you do get "under the covers" anywway cause you know exactly what she looks like. I like the idea that it's not all out on view,

This doesn't mean I want them covered up, it's just if girls where this then it's less attradtive in the sense it reveals too much.

On point: It's the parents fault for buying it and the media's fault for making it okay and "cool"

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sure the executives of Fox and MTV have parents too. I say we blame them and point our accusing fingers at the parents of the Baby Boom generation.