Thread: Star Ocean Till the end of time

Default Star Ocean Till the end of time

Hey I just got the game and I was wondering if I could get some background information on the previous games before this one so I could understand what's going on. It looked like a vbery unique game and I wanted to find out just how unique it was ^^.

You can include spilers if you need or want to.~~~
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Well, the game's developed by Tri-Ace, who has made other games such as Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Odyessy, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, Valkyrie Profile, Radiata Stories, and Tales of Phantasia (as Wolf Team).

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time really doesn't have much to do with the previous games, as I recall, and takes place 1000 (?) years later than Star Ocean 2.

Aside from that, there isn't too much you need to know about the previous games. Though all of them are great, so you should give them a shot, too.

I have played through Star Ocean 2 and 3, and despite the previous post, there is a lot in common. A lot of material in the Dictionary refers to Star Ocean 1 and 2. Star Ocean 2 is set in 300 something SD, and Star Ocean 1, one or two (three?) decades before Star Ocean 2. Star Ocean Blue Sphere, is a direct sequel to SO2, using the same characters.

Personally, I prefer 2 to 3, but 3 is still a great game. If you ever get 2, if you've read most of the Dictionary, you will understand a LOT of what the talk about.

Good luck with the Battle Trophies!

allow me to tell you about the first Star Ocean game (its available on Zsnes if you have that) it was a really good game, the plot revolved around a group of teenagers who live life relatively normally until some people from a more advanced Civilization come and visit them, because there was a treaty of not disturbing underdeveloped planets and other civilizations had been breaking it, the plot was very long and there were a lot of characters too, different decisions you make decide whether you keep characters or they leave which can meen you encounter new ones.

The Battle system was slightly poor because you stand in one place choose a target and press atack, you run and attack and you have long and short range skills (if this brings to mind Tales of Phantasia it is NOT like that) anyway the music on SO rules and there was this unique skill system whereby you level up and get skill points you can put into different things for example putting points into "below the belt" increases the chance of running behind your enemy if he attacks you, anyway the skills cannot be refunded so you had to choose wisely your attributes, the skills to put points into range from running faster in the field and increasing your ability with healing items.

I hope that little summary was helpful to you in your quest for background knowledge.

Star Ocean Till The End of Time is another story, it too has the possibility of perhaps NOT getting certain characters so be wary of this in the future, the music also kicks ass on that, in battle you level up and earn attribute points to increase your attack/defense and HP/MP, the points are universal in that you put them on whatever you want, however the number of points to increase your 4 stat choices increases after each rank you put into them, eventually it gets to the stage where it requires a few level ups to get enough points to assign to some things, believe me dont put ALL of them in HP because MP is JUST AS IMPORTANT as i am sure you know and Defense is useful to put some points into as well, basically if you have spare points and you can put them into HP or whatever definately do it.

LAter on you will find a unique invention system but i won't ramble on about it unless you want me to, i think i have said QUITE enough here......

This is My Final Heavan....

Please final heavan continue if you do wish so. As well as I was tyold in the tutorial part of the beginning of the game about battle trophies, and well, I didn't want to pay attention to it. What exactly is it? Does it relate to anything like a boss? And if you defeat it you get like a prize that they drop or something? I'm totally off aren't I? I'm so clueless.....

And thanks for all your help ^^

battle trophies consist of certain "achievements" in battles, you get trophies for little things like killing in one hit or killing a boss with no damage or killing a boss in under a minute and stuff, it involves stuff along those lines ya get me? there are loads of battle trophies, they arent drops no but they are stored in a separate slot on your memory card so be sure to keep it.

inventing is rather complex, you get a decent in game tutorial on it really.

Ok so far I've noticed a lot of talking and whatnot. Is there a time where it's going to be really intense soon? I'm at the helre or something called that. What is the battling going to be like? Is it gonna be take a few steps and *loud noise* battle?

Nope. You see the monsters, so you can either run past them, or fight them. Later on though, the monsters will chase you if they see you, and sometimes, they sit on a narrow path so that you have to fight them. Battles are so fun in the Star Ocean series, that you actually want to get in battles. By the way, for the guy who posted about Star Ocean 1, where can I get a working translated version? I have ZSNES, but it always locks up on the world map near the start.

Star Ocean 3!! yay! im trying to get loads of battle trophies but its sooo hard!
    Yep, yep, * White Aeris * is back : D
    ♥ ♥ Beautiful Signature by Polaris ♥ ♥
    &hearts; &hearts; Thank you muchly for not one, but two signatures ~<3

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I completed this game two days ago. The ending was disappointing :<, but it's still a good game. I like the music a lot, and battles are fun and challenging. I prefer RPGs where you need some player skill aswell, not just tons of choices in a menu, like most FF games. The invention system is huge, you can find tutorials and stuff about inventin on gamefaqs too, might be a bit too much trial and failure without that. Once you can make orichalcum, you will own anything in the main storyline :p.
    Last edited by Mirage; 08-22-2005 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreil Darkstorn
    Nope. You see the monsters, so you can either run past them, or fight them. Later on though, the monsters will chase you if they see you, and sometimes, they sit on a narrow path so that you have to fight them. Battles are so fun in the Star Ocean series, that you actually want to get in battles. By the way, for the guy who posted about Star Ocean 1, where can I get a working translated version? I have ZSNES, but it always locks up on the world map near the start.
    ah you will want www.dejap.com and then click the link referring to Star Ocean version one. i assume you have the latest version of Zsnes/Snes 9x? well then you dont need the special graphics packs but its a damn sight easier if you just get the latest version then not faff around with the complexity of the special packs, just install this translation and ur away. i hope this helps......but as for the actual version of the game they ALL work so it cud be u dont have the latest version of the emulator.

I beat the game and at times it gets challenging but the final boss is really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Final_Heavan_33
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreil Darkstorn
    ah you will want www.dejap.com and then click the link referring to Star Ocean version one. i assume you have the latest version of Zsnes/Snes 9x? well then you dont need the special graphics packs but its a damn sight easier if you just get the latest version then not faff around with the complexity of the special packs, just install this translation and ur away. i hope this helps......but as for the actual version of the game they ALL work so it cud be u dont have the latest version of the emulator.
    Care to send a link? I DID have the latest version, better double check