Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad day for English football

Quote Originally Posted by gokufusionss1
    I don't rate sven as a manager i haven't for a while. The guy makes Steven gerrard play anchor man for god's sake.
    I've noticed that. I'm starting to believe though that Lampard and Gerrard just don't work.

I'd like to see Sven try out Gerrard and Carrick.

I'd like to see Sven collecting his benefits in the dole queue. The man is a liability with no imagination. If an original footballing idea popped into his head, he would spontaneously combust.

Quote Originally Posted by tomamar04
    Next England manager should be Curbs. He turned Charlton for Division 1 strugglers into a mid-table Premiership side.

Yeah. But we are about major European nation not using some foreigners.
    There's so much wrong with that post I don't know where to start!!!! Other countries only turn to foreigners when they don't have the talent available. Most notably, the German front line, most of the French team and arguably the Dutch. You don't see the Italians doing it, or the Spanish, there is no need. We have the talent available already.

And Alan Curbishley for England manager, puh-lease. The man has no footballing credentials whatsoever, and we'd probably end up starting every campaign really well and then cocking it up towards the end, in classic Charlton style.

There are far better managers waiting to take the reigns from Sven Goran Eriksson, than Alan bloody Curbishley. I'd sooner see Sam Allardyce in charge than Alan Curbishley, or Steve Bruce, or Steve McClaren or bloody Steve Evans, anyone but Alan Curbishley.

Frying pan - fire.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Big Sam is a legend.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by tomamar04
    At the end of the day, let's be honest, Robinson is the best English keeper. End of.
    Aye, but perhaps James is there for comic relief.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.