Thread: A minor question. (Resident Evil 3)

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default A minor question. (Resident Evil 3)

Well, it's nothing big, just something I've always wondered, but couldn't be arsed to join a Resident Evil forum to find out, as it's not that important to me. Anyway:

In the restaurant when you meet up with Carlos, you get a firehook so you gain entrance to the basement of the restaurant(This also triggers an appearance by Nemesis.) However, what's the purpose of this basement? I went down there and there's absolutely nothing there. The only purpose I can find is the triggering of Nemesis. And I could've easily avoided using the fire hook on the entrance and skipped the whole scene. Or is there something I don't know?

Also, doesn't the opening part in The Mercenaries remind you of the movie "Saw"? With the voice that says "The rules are simple", and the text saying "these people have forgotten what fear is, it's time for them to remember." I have a feeling the makers of Saw has been playing Mercenaries.

It's supposed to trick the player into thinking it's a place to hide. But if you go down there you get Nemesis trying to drown you.

If you have visited the newspaper office already there is a jewel for the clock in the basement I believe. If you havent visited the newspaper office yet it'll be there instead. Got to love the item placement scheme in this game.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

The basement is just a death trap. IF you do the option besides that, It would knock out nemesis, and after you talk to Carlos outside, it will begin chasing you again. So anyways, go down to the basement then go up and fight nemesis with Carlos.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    If you have visited the newspaper office already there is a jewel for the clock in the basement I believe. If you havent visited the newspaper office yet it'll be there instead. Got to love the item placement scheme in this game.
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.