Thread: floating ruins- lost!!!

floating ruins- lost!!!

Hi - I'm stuck in the floating ruins. i'm not strong enough to beat the boss (i can kill him the first time, but he's only weak to physical after his reincarnation, and i keep dying then) and i want to get OUT and level up! but i can't find my way back through the ruins. i keep running into dead ends. has anyone ever seen a map of the floating ruins online? help! thanks!

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilshiva
    Hi - I'm stuck in the floating ruins. i'm not strong enough to beat the boss (i can kill him the first time, but he's only weak to physical after his reincarnation, and i keep dying then) and i want to get OUT and level up! but i can't find my way back through the ruins. i keep running into dead ends. has anyone ever seen a map of the floating ruins online? help! thanks!

you can cast level 5 doom on his second form for an instant KO. thats a good way to get out ummmmm equip a thief to see the invisible floors, that might be where your going wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Default good advice

thanks - i know where the invisible floors are, but i'm just not finding the stairway out of the 2nd level. i've got faris equipped w/ blue mage, but she's only level 3 - i think i've got about 230 more experience points to get to level four, and L5 Doom is a 5th level skill. i want to get out so i can buy tents and level up easier.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilshiva
    thanks - i know where the invisible floors are, but i'm just not finding the stairway out of the 2nd level. i've got faris equipped w/ blue mage, but she's only level 3 - i think i've got about 230 more experience points to get to level four, and L5 Doom is a 5th level skill. i want to get out so i can buy tents and level up easier.
    L5 Doom can be learned by any level character as long as that character has the 'learning" ability, the levels on your blue mage don't mean much really, they just mean that when you level up you will learn a new ability, such as scan, learning..etc. L5 Doom doesn't mean that you have to be level 5 to use it, it simply means that all opponents that have a multiple of 5 of their level are immediatly defeated. I don't know if their are any monsters in the ruins that use L5 Dooom though. As for a way out im sorry i can't help you.

how good are blue mages really??

i made faris into a ninja.. once she can wield two weapons then i might just keep her as a thief, it seems to fit, and lots of power... at least for me..

my whole party is based on offence, and hardly any magic.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I think Blue Mages are rubbish personally but its fun to learn all the abilities. :upsidedow

Lv 5 doom is easly obtained at the Ancient library in world one if you character has learning equiped, and gets hit by it. This means they have to be a level that is divisible by 5. Don't try to get it if your whole party is level 20. you will all die a horibly easy death.

bipper