Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: Thingfish's Riddle

Haha, that would certainly be something. But knowing you, it'll probably be more along the lines of you using all sorts of mind games to fool them into 'misplacing their pursut'.

A very good idea, Sir.B. I shall use that if I notice she's plying me with alcohol!

LMAO MUAHAHAHAHA THEN I SHALL BE THE GREATEST RIDDLER OF ALL TIME ;D

now you're just gonna tell me a false answer to make me post it on here and then make a fool of me ;_; :P

rofl I KNOW YOUR GAME THINGFISH!!

Sir Bahamut: I do want to play the game over again, I've tried looking on google/yahoo for certain things which may help lead to the answer, but the only thing I can think of is playing the game searching every aspect. At the moment I can't do that so I'll have to be patient and wait, but I do expect myself to dedicate just a little time to it. I'm not going to give up, and I will assist as much as I can in helping solve this riddle. I'm just sorry that I can't be of any use atm when it comes to the solving at this point.

Btw just to note for Psy: The answer is not Vivi's son :P *giggles*
    I'll figure it out later...

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

If Thingfish randomly posts "THERE IS NO ANSWER I WAS PLAYING WITH YOU ALL ROFL" I will vote him for president of the world.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a question about the "rubicund...". I haven't played this game for a while, but from what I remember, the Invincible is pretty much red&black themed, in particular the interior. Also, during the scene where it wtfpwns Alexandria, the "eye" is clearly red, and the beam it sends is pink/purple-ish. So yeah, the question is, is that the rubicund you're talking about? In which case it means the character we're looking for was at that point in the city, but survived the blast (but got wounded?).

And then there is Death

Kyono : What a great idea Now if only it didn't have an answer

Endless : Sorry, that's not what 'rubicund' has to do with at all here.

If it is the Invincible it could also be classed as someone who was in Madain Sari when Garnet was a little girl. So I'm not sure if that would be the correct thing. Good idea though, I think if I remember it has "nothing" to do with the Invincible either. So if it's nothing to do with the Invincible then I doubt it, but I could be wrong. Maybe it was only the answer that wasn't the Invincible and I misjudged it to be said as "nothing to do with". I think a few people came out with the specific events that happened which could be to do with this specific part. I'm trying to remember if this was one of the one mentioned or if it was Bahamut itself that was mentioned. Atm I have a bit of a headache so I wont look back just now. Maybe later.

Just my thought anyway

Nice view though.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA NM Thingfish beat me to it
    I'll figure it out later...

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

;_;

Also, I had a little time and I reordered the "riotous assembly". Maybe someone will figure something, or maybe I'm walking into a dead end again xD
    <pre>
    aaaa
    Cccc
    dddd
    eeee eeee eeee eeee
    ffff
    gggg
    hhHh
    llll
    nnnn
    oooo
    rrrr
    ssss ssss
    tttt
    uuuu uuuu
    vvvv
    </pre>

Edit: the only destructive "rubicund" event I can think of is when Kuja goes berserk and destroys the genomes and the place they live in, bu I think that one's ruled out since you can't talk to any of them before going there, and unless I'm mistaken, you stated somewhere that the character we're looking for can be seen through all the game. That and I think someone suggested a genome as the answer, which you said was wrong.
    Mmhh... There's also the Cleyra settlement's destruction (forgot the name of the Eidolon, though) and Lindblum (Atomos I think).
    Last edited by Endless; 08-20-2005 at 07:03 PM.

And then there is Death

Well, it certainly looks very useful. I didn't realize there were four of each letter.

remove "THE"

CONFUSED VULGAR SEE

A C D EEE F G L N R SS UU
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 08-20-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Curses!

Hamlet : "...I'll have grounds
    More relative than this. The play's the thing
    Wherein I''ll catch the conscience of the king"

I always figured one of the references in the riddle would surely be a reference to a Shakespear play, and this seems almost too good to not be correct. If it is, I shall do more research into it.

Upon further searching, I found this:

More: "Gramercies, friend.
    To a great prison, to discharge the strife Commenc'd twixt conscience and my frailer life, More now must march. Chelsea, adieu, adieu!"

This from the Shakespear play Sir Thomas More. Another one I found was in a poem by Coleridge:

SUGGESTED BY THE LAST WORDS OF BERENGARIUS
    OB. ANNO DOM. 1O88

No more 'twixt conscience staggering and the Pope
    Soon shall I now before my God appear,
    By him to be acquitted, as I hope;
    By him to be condemned, as I fear.--

I found plenty more for "Betwixt conscience"(twixt being an abbreviation of betwixt in reality), but I'll stop with this.
    Anything correct?

PS: Mercen, Thingfish said not to remove the determiner until the letters were rearranged, as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless
    There's also the Cleyra settlement's destruction (forgot the name of the Eidolon, though)
    Odin

Mercen-X : The first stage of the puzzle needs solving differently. Indeed, don't remove 'the' until you've got to the second stage, which is rather difficult to get to.

Sir.B. : Good to see such thorough research on a Saturday night! As this is a very interesting verse, I'll let you carry on, but you are looking in the right direction.

Endless : Sorry, I missed your addition. No the 'rubicund' section is nothing to do with Kuja going berserk, or with a genome, or Cleyra's destruction, or Lindblum.
    Last edited by Thingfish; 08-20-2005 at 09:08 PM.

Yes, it certainly looks very interesting. I'll carry on more tomorrow, and look more into the backgrounds of those lines. By the way, school starts again on Monday here, so I'll soon have less time to fiddle with the riddle.

But regardless, I'll keep going anyway.

I can't imagine still being at school. Thank goodness I finished it 10 years ago Enjoy the remains of your freedom, Sir.B, but don't neglect us!