Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: Thingfish's Riddle

Old geezer

As I said, I won't neglect you all. I want to see the riddle solved, and I'll do my best to help solve it even if I can't work on it as much as now. But then again, I haven't really worked on it much these days either. What I've posted is stuff I think up then and there. Except those Hamlet quotes and all; I spent a bit of time finding those.

But yeah, I'm starting the Internation Baccalaureate, which is supposed to be pretty tough on amount of homework and stuff. Ah well, enough about me. I want to see more people analysing that last verse

Well Sir Bahamut, you can be the one behind all the knowledge and research behind the riddle, and when I get the game up here I'LL PLAY THE WHOLE THING THROUGH and help give idea's on what's what.

Or try at least
    I'll figure it out later...

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish
    Mercen-X : The first stage of the puzzle needs solving differently.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Mercen-X : The first stage of the puzzle needs solving differently.
    ?
    i.e, the way you're going about it is completely wrong

Endless's bit is right though . . . right?

Well, you don't need to split them up into groups of 4 of the same letters to see what needs to be done in the first stage of working out the puzzle, you simply need to recognise something about those two lines.

recognize.
    I guess I'm one of the vulgar 'cause you lost me.

Only things I notice are "death" and "Heaven" having "'s", "Confused", "scourged", and "slaughtered" having "ed", and "vulgar" and "focus" being the only words without "e".

I don't "recognize anything at this point. I guess I should just move on to another verse.

Hehe, ok, that may be best at the moment.

I notice you changed my spelling even though you quoted me

That's how I operate

Just back from meeting Lenna and Looney Bob, and what lovely people they are! With all her dedication, I reckon she'll put Sir.B's investigations to shame! And to top it all off, she's a hottie too!

Hehe. Had a great time.

She didn't get drunk so I didn't bother telling her the riddle answer, though.

We didn't really talk about the riddle that much anyway TF

Daniel was the only one interested in talking about the riddle HE TALKED MORE ABOUT IT THAN I DID!!! . You could say that I'd rather ask you on here about the riddle itself than in person, because asking on here gives others the chance to see your opinion on what I've said too. But when I get my pc and FF9 over here, you can guarantee my dedication here will be top notch! and I'll have all the information we need in no time Thingfish knows ALL about my plan to investigate hehe

But yeah, Thingfish is a charming and may I say nice guy!!!. So don't let a nice guy down!! keep trying your hardest with the riddle folks! Make him proud! haha

PS: I am NOT a hottie :P

I reckon the riddle will be under major fire if she gets her PC with the FFIX emulator! Hurry, everyone else!!

And she IS a hottie! Hehe.

Tut! I have a chance at solving the riddle and you're telling everyone to get in gear so I don't have the chance anymore :P haha I only have to wait til Sunday next week possibly :P then I'll have the best chance ever, although I don't know if I'll have net access on my computer by then, but I shall have access to the emulator

I know exactly what I'm going to do and I think it's going to be quite interesting too as well as informative. If I can't think of anything from it I may post a summary of it up on here. But that's if I myself can't think of anything from it :P

But from the way I see it, by doing what I'd do when having access to my pc and the ePSXe emulator, I'll have a pretty good job and a great chance at getting close to the answer. Especially with my dedication and motivation

PS I'M NOT A HOTTIE!!! ;O *slaps Thingfish* :P

Well, I'm glad that you're so dedicated and fired up, Lenna! Thingfish will remember that I was probably even more fired up and dedicated with his last riddle, which is why I'm sort of burned out now.

So I'll just be glad if you end up working it all out without me

Haha, Most of my dedication will be towards the game, as the riddle itself is too hard for my thick little mind. I've got alot of plans to do with the game, so I can help with the gaming side of it for sure once I have my computer here. So you can count on me for that ;D

As I said to Thingfish earlier today, I wont give up as when I first started looking at this riddle I thought / even posted "nah this riddle will end up dying out sooner or later".. Now here's me, constantly trying my hardest to beg people not to give up, and also dedicating myself to trying to help you lot out aswell as preparing myself to do alot towards the riddle itself.

So, my dedication has certainly gone up for this riddle. I think if I do what I'm going to do correctly then I'll certainly have a chance of helping out a huge amount towards the riddle or even being able to get the answer to the riddle too.

I don't believe that I'll get the answer, but it sure would be nice to, as I don't think I'm that smart lol. I guess working this hard on it though proves me wrong slightly. I think ;o

EDIT: Thingfish, I'm trying to look at the puzzle bit now and I was wondering. Is the puzzle actually in those words or do we have to translate them to get to the point where we'll see how it is re-arranged?

Just a thought like :P