Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: Thingfish's Riddle

Ah, but with some very simple and basic information we have, recognising the answer should be fairly easy. At least, if you make sure to talk to everybody. Basically, we know something so basic about the answer that it doesn't take fitting him/her in with everything to realise he/she is the answer. But naturally, fitting him/her in with everything is much more satisfying

Then again, I may be wrong. Llanowar says he has played through the game, but was unable to find the answer. But then again, he may have been looking for the wrong signs.

Regardless, I think you have a good chance at finding the answer, even without full knowledge of the riddle. But I think you would agree that it'd be better to only reveal the guess after we have on beforehand fitted it in with everything.

The puzzle is in those words, Lenna, so the first stage is realising what you need to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut
    Ah, but with some very simple and basic information we have, recognising the answer should be fairly easy. At least, if you make sure to talk to everybody. Basically, we know something so basic about the answer that it doesn't take fitting him/her in with everything to realise he/she is the answer. But naturally, fitting him/her in with everything is much more satisfying

Then again, I may be wrong. Llanowar says he has played through the game, but was unable to find the answer. But then again, he may have been looking for the wrong signs.

Regardless, I think you have a good chance at finding the answer, even without full knowledge of the riddle. But I think you would agree that it'd be better to only reveal the guess after we have on beforehand fitted it in with everything.

I don't think searching just for the characters is going to help us get anywhere, atm I don't really want to reveal what I'm going to do to many people because I'd rather try it myself and see how I do, but any information I gain upon doing so I'll pass along when I come to it. But I've told my idea to Thingfish and as far as I know he's pretty confident I'll get somewhere by doing it lol. That's why I'd rather just do it myself right now otherwise if other people started doing it it'd probably be a waste of my own time. And it'd defeat the point of it being my own idea.

I'm not trying to hog all the guesswork etc, no no no, understand that I came up with the idea and I'd like to be able to get the credit for it. But that'd be once I've finished doing what I'm going to do. As I said, if I can't think of anything from the information I get, then I will post information up on here, to help people.

I just think right now, I'd like to try this idea myself, without anyone being able to make me waste my time, or take the credit for my own idea you know?

It's not very often I come out with good ideas, and I think if people started to do it then I'd have wasted my time putting the effort into it.

So please dont mistake me for hogging all the information, because I guarantee I will help amongst the gaming side.
    I'll figure it out later...

I apologise if that is what it sounded like I thought. I was not in any way trying to accuse you. I didn't, and still don't, have any idea about your idea, but I'm sure it will work!

What I was saying was that when searching for the answer, it isn't technically speaking necessary to know everything about the riddle to spot him/her. That's all. So please, do continue with your idea, whatever it may be! Regardlessly, I will eventually play through the game myself. But I guess chances are the answer has been found by then anyway.

Ah no no no no you misunderstood me then! :P

You mentioned about the answer being particularly easy to find if we speak to everybody.

I, in my own opinion, don't believe that to be true. I believe there is a lot more to the person than we think. I don't believe that searching through everyone we see will be enough to understand who the answer is.

I also didn't mean that you thought the riddle was something I should understand or that what you said was accusing me, I merely placed it in my little explanation of what I was planning to do as if I refused to tell you what I was going to do, people may have accused me. If I had explained it before or whilst I mentioned I had an idea which would be quite interesting and good, then at least people would understand why I've kept it to myself during this time.

I don't understand the riddle, that's why I think I'd have better luck playing the game and doing my idea, rather than sitting there reading the riddle, because doing that would make me completely blank and I wouldn't understand a single word & time would pass by.

I'd like to contribute as much as I can, but in all honesty this riddle will only have one person with the answer. If there's a chance that it could be me I'd like to have a go and at least try, because then I'd have something to be proud of. I don't have much of an ego and I really don't think I'll get the answer, but as I said, if there's a chance, I'd like to at least try.

I think that you are very good with all the knowledge and investigation into the riddle itself, which will be helpful towards others and myself. With each of us trying in separate area's and giving information to help people, it will make a big difference, as well as possibly making this riddle easier to solve.

I'm not accusing you of saying that I'm hogging all the information etc, I just mentioned it in my previous post to give an idea of why I wanted to keep this idea to myself.

Regardless of how much information I get, if I cannot figure out the answer, I shall summarise every bit of information I have and post it here.

I'd just like to reach for those 15 minutes of fame :P hehe

Hm, well, I still stand firm that just a single piece of basic information that we already have will be enough to locate the answer. Perhaps not many realise this though, which is a good thing, and I don't intend to let the world know what I'm taling about. Not because I want 15 minutes of fame(I've solved my fair share of TF riddles by now anyway), but because it'd probably result in someone finding the answer and blurting it out here.

And I completely understand what you mean about solving it for pride and 15 minutes of fame though; you're exactly like I was when Thingfish posted his first riddle at Gamefaqs(that must be more than 3 years ago by now). And I do hope that you end up being the one who finds the name we're looking for, for that reason exactly. I'll be pleased enough having helped along the way.

Thank you

Hmmm, I only remember giving away the answers to my previous riddles. They were never guessed.

You go for it, Lenna. History shows Sir.B. wouldn't really have been able to see this one through either anyway.

Wait for it...

Can I mention, after me and Daniel have been looking at the puzzle, *still doing it*

Confused, the vulgar see vengeful death's course,
    Heaven's flute scourged, even focus slaughtered.

Did anyone realise that those 2 lines are an anagram of themselves?

I know you understood that they were all part of an anagram.

If you write down the first line of those two, then cross out each letter of the second line you'll see that (including the comma, the apostraphe).

Now think of it this way, if these two lines are an anagram of themselves, then we're only really looking at the set of letters from the one line right?

Now me and Daniel wrote out these letters, and removed (THE) as stated to, even if it's not right but we tried.

These letters were

AA
    CC
    DD
    FF
    GG
    LL
    NN
    OO
    RR
    SS SS
    UU UU
    VV

Now looking at these letters we came across this.

GARLAND
    AA
    CC
    DD
    FF
    GG
    LL
    NN
    OO
    RR
    SS SS
    UU UU
    VV

We're trying to think if there are any other names referred to in these letters. But, yeah, I don't think we are looking at the letters from both of the lines as it would only be like saying the same thing twice.

Thingfish: can you confirm if we are meant to take away just "The" or the letters "THE" from the puzzle?

EDIT: DANIEL THE IDIOT FORGOT TO TELL ME ABOUT THE TWO C'S WHEN I WROTE THE LETTERS UP!

You've only noticed half of the first stage, Lenna (& Daniel ). You don't need to look for a person's name in the puzzle, either, and you don't need to remove 'THE' until the end of the second stage

Okay back a few steps then

EDIT: Am I right though?

About only the one set of letters (asin the letters from either line but not both) should be used instead of both??

Yes, there is only one set of letters to use...

...but which one?

Ok what do you mean by which one?

The letters in each are exactly the same,

And We'd like to know is it just coincidence that in "ONE" set of letters from ONE line, we can find the following Towns/Locations (not all in one go but the letters can spell them out one by one):

Daguerreo
    Gargan Roo
    North Gate
    South Gate
    Terra
    Treno

Is this getting warmer?

The question is, what set of letters should be used. You've chosen the wrong sets so far

And, funnily enough, it is just a coincidence that the letters make up those locations. I guess those locations are what the 'vulgar' would see

What do you mean by the "wrong sets", either way you look at it, you'll get the same letters from each line, unless you mean that we don't put them into alphabetical order, and we keep them in the order they're already in, with the line that we choose? so either way we haven't chosen the wrong sets, we've just used them the wrong way.