Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: that god damn emo music!

Some emo is good. I listen to a group from around where I live called The Sophomore Year (www.thesophomoreyear.com)

I just don't like material that's too depressive.

MCR = Emo music is probably the silliest thing I've ever heard in my life. All of their songs have a very sarcastic kind of humor to them. I actually really don't like the band at all (though I love Helena), but still... what?

I love "emo" whiny music as long as it manages to effect me. So far all I've discovered is Evanescence... because seriously, that girl could sing about dirty toe nails and I would cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    There's this one emo song on the radio now that I can't stand. It's called Ohio is for Lovers. WORST SONG EVER.

"So cut my wrists and black my eyes.
    (Cut my wrists and black my eyes)
    So I can fall asleep tonight, or die.
    Because you kill me.
    You know you do, you kill me well.
    You like it too, and I can tell.
    You never stop until my final breath is gone."

OMG STFU
    How dare you? I love Hawthrone Heights

A Thank You to Ultima88 for making my lovely signature :fplove:

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    There's this one emo song on the radio now that I can't stand. It's called Ohio is for Lovers. WORST SONG EVER.

"So cut my wrists and black my eyes.
    (Cut my wrists and black my eyes)
    So I can fall asleep tonight, or die.
    Because you kill me.
    You know you do, you kill me well.
    You like it too, and I can tell.
    You never stop until my final breath is gone."

OMG STFU
    I'm gonna have to agree with you. Fuse overplays that so badly. I don't like the screaming.

well helena died out ok but now its just hawthorne heights and crap.

THE GUY IN MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE HAS BLACK HAIR THEY ARE EMO THEY NEED TO STOP WRITING POETRY ABOUT HOW MUCH THEIR PARENTS HATE THEM STUPID NON CONFORMISTS

whats that supposed to mean?! i have black hair and im not emo ha ha ha

No. I changed my mind. Black hair is cool. Emo is cool.

Edit: Oh and, Black hair isn't natural. Mr. non-emo "nightmare666"

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those god damn people who complain about emo but never do anything!!

Well what are they supposed to do, Crash? Kill the Emo people?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Sword Strike
    Easy, listen to older music. I can't stand punk, rap, or any of that nu metal. It's all crap imo. It used to take skill to capture a large audience, but now all you have to do is play a pattern for a short amount of time. No lightning solos there. I'm only 14 by the way so don't asume I'm some geezer who doesn't want to go through the times
    i used to think like you when i was you age up until i was 18. now i just plain hate 80's music. the 60's, on the other hand offer you a hreat amount of marvelous, instrument-wise music with incredible solos.

so, is korn emo? the singer seems to be pissed off at his dad...
    and i like the killers *waits for "true" emo fans to say that the killers aren't emo and that i am not cool like they are*

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Well what are they supposed to do, Crash? Kill the Emo people?
    That'd be a good idea but I have Emo friends and I like Emo music..Screw it!!I'll help!!

A friend of mine recently described it as "There's this girl I like, but it's confusing because I also like boys so I think I'll cut myself up real bad, so maybe the people will notice me and then we can have mad sex"
    ... I think he might have been drunk.
    BUT ANYWAY.
    Emo is cool. It's all angsty. ANGST AT THE WORLD YOU #$*&%#*(&#%!!

Tôi đói.

Grow up people. I listen to that music 'cause I just happen to like songs that practically bleed out their emotions. But I'm not a non-conformist, or cutter, or little ball of make-up wearing angst. That music isn't there to have any affect on your life, and if you're letting it do so, you have issues that need to address. Whether you're here loving emo or hating it.

I don't understand why people complain. I like a lot of emo music but to critisize an artist and misplace the genre correllated to it is quite embarassing.

My Chemical Romance is an ok band. Though they sound horrible live the music is ok. I like Hawthorne Heights. Again they don't sound well live but the recordings sound great. No reason to degrade the work, if you don't like it. Don't listen to it.

Meshing emo with whining is like meshing hiphop with drug abuse. Not all of it is about negativity.