Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~~~***Soul Calibur***~~~

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by goyabean
    I must be the only person who likes Maxi.
    I was playing with him the other day, and he is pretty badass. His moves connect really well.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

He's somewhat easy to use, that's why I don't like them, I don't know about others...
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Articles

I use Nightmare, Raphael, and Cervantes, depending on who I'm fighting.

I use Raphael against beginners because they're baffled by his quick, consecutive strikes. He's fun. He was the first character I tried to get good with, and I don't use him much anymore.

I like Cervantes. I mean, I really like Cervantes. When I'm playing any decent player, I usually pick Nightmare the majority of the time, but I have a certain friend who just smokes me everytime we play the GC version and he picks Link, but I almost always beat him with Cervantes.

I like me some Nightmare. He's a "slow" character, but he's not that slow. Only the better players can get inside of his reach and do anything to him, and he's so powerful. I'm never a big fan of the strong, slow stereotype versus the quick, underpowered cliche, but Nightmare is very competent.

I also do pretty good with Kilik and Misturugi.

No offence, but n00bs luv him due to his connective moves that are so easy to do. But, if mastered, can be really good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doom
    Nightmare, Mitsurugi and Taki. I can do a one-hit-KO with Ivy if I get lucky.
    Only on a low health machine. It is sweet when it happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dking
    Kilik because of his long reach with some of his weapons and, if you use him right, you can keep opponents at bay. Talim because she's quick.
    Kilik doesn't really have long reach. Only some his attacks have that property. Because he tends to hold the rod towards the middle, particularly with horizontal attacks, he actually has pretty average range. But it's true that he can used his ranged attacks to hold opponents at bay but they tend to be verticals which means they can be side stepped, even the faster ones like 6B.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbi
    Tekken > Soul Caliber
    Heathen!

Oh I hate him with vigour. He's a good character to use though. I spoke about mix-ups in my post before and if you don't know what they are, it generally refers to the canceling of moves and shuffling through stances to do different things at the ends of attacks that start the same. Xianghua is the queen of doing this, but both Talim and Taki, who tend to rely on just blitzing speed rather than confusion, are also adept at it. But the thing about Maxi's mix-ups is that because he's always got this moving animation to him, you can't even tell what stance he's in, let alone what he's gonna do next. It's very annoying to play against. He's fast too and that's enough to give any Cass and Nightmare players like me chills.

He is definitely no noob character. His moves do have to uncanny ability to run off one another but anyone and everyone should be able to sidestep him and go for side grabs. Or just use Ivy. The reach for Summon Suffering is just longer than Maxi's nunchaku. ^_^ Oh hell, just use Calamity Symphony if they're noob then buffer Summon Suffering into it. That should take off at least 3/4 health even on the highest setting of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    Tekken > Soul Caliber
    Heathen!
    What Mo Nercy said.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

i first used xianghua her trickyness evasive maneuvers were great and i did some lie on the ground tantrum kills aswell but

then moved on to talim...
    my best character, she is fast... linkage... fast lows into fast recoveries...
    one of the best evasive moves and ring out move...
    + the stun from back turned to put them into the air for some tekken like air juggles which conveniently dunks them off the arena...

apart from getting into range for her to use her moves...
    like versing a turtling ivy you might find some problems... ><
    remember flying into the sky for an attack only to be dropped by a computer player ivy's air grab for much pain ><

conclusion:-
    so talim = mighty
    just dont go nuts make sure you use her evasion

mo-nercy dont forget maxi has the best moveeva

and ofcourse the relentless spam is maxi opening a can of whoop ass...

....why i want to play soul calibur 3?
    cos talim is a bit older... a bit taller...
    does that mean she gets more reach?
    ~Mei~ Daemonic

Nightmare, as I kick total ass with him regardless of how unbalanced he can be xD

Soul Charge + Rook Splitter = GOD

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Blog Entries

I use mostly Mitsurugi, Taki, and Maxi. I've been known to mix up from time to time though.

Mitsurugi's a pretty good defensive character because of his high/low mixups. His offense can be good at times, as well. His stance change makes his moves more offense oriented (i.e., his unblockable stab)

Taki is a really quick character. She can run circles around a character while bombarding them with unblockable hits (I swear, it seems like her unblockables are the fastest in the game, like that one where she stabs you in the stomach) and fast kicks.

Maxi has some good combos and mix-ups. I haven't used him in the arcade in a while though.

I used to use Nightmare when I first played the game. It's appallingly easy to win against someone with him who doesn't know how to use the 8-way run or the weapon repel to their advantage :P
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Soul Calibur (2) is the only fighting game I actually like. My friends and I hardly ever stop playing it. One of the few games I ever play these days on a regular basis.

My dangerous characters are Sophitia, Astaroth, and Voldo. I'm also dangerious with Talim, but don't prefer using her.

I try to be able to use as many characters as I can with a degree of skill, but for the life of me Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, and Ivy.
    --It's me!--

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    Tekken > Soul Caliber
    Heathen!
    What Mo Nercy said.
    well, actually, IMO its
    GGX > Tekken > Soul Caliber

Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    well, actually, IMO its
    GGX > Tekken > Soul CaliberSoul Caliber > GGX > KoF > SF > Tekken
    whos' obama?

Blog Entries

I use Maxi sometimes in Soul Calibur 1, but he is not one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    well, actually, IMO its
    GGX > Tekken > Soul CaliberSoul Caliber > GGX > KoF > SF > Tekken
    Whats wrong with Tekken, Tekken 5 is one of the greatest Fighters Ive ever played.......

Because Tekken sucks. End of discussion.
    whos' obama?