Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zidane... is he a true warrior?

He's not a warrior. He's nifty with a weapon once you train him up, but he's hardly a warrior. More just a ruffian.
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

zidanes class is thief so he isent a warrior.
    stiner is a knight
    vivi is black mage
    frya is a dragoon knight
    quina is a blue mage
    garnet summoner
    eiko white mage
    armant is monk/ninja

Blog Entries

He's my girlfriend.

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLR
    Nope, hes a thief.
    :joey:

generally in most games you play warrior would be a class as would theif, he could be a multi class but that wouldnt make him a true warrior now would it

he's a monkey.

Thank you Hysterian!

He's a thief who became a warrior

There is much much more ot Zidane than being a "warrior". In fact, I wouldn't referto him as a warrior at all. Zidane is a leader, and it takes more than one 'warrior' to get anything done. It takes a team and a team needs a leader. Zidane has leadership qualities and compassion, and when he fights, he fights for other people.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GLR
    Nope, hes a thief.
    Nope he's a rouge...

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Funny philosophy, one that Zidane never really lives by.

He's a thief - an armed, violent criminal who makes a living by stealing from others for his own personal gain.
    When Tantalus was hired to abduct Garnet, Zidane and the others weren't told the reason. But he was still happy to kidnap a 16-year-old girl out of her own home, just because his boss (who called her a "babe-ilicious beauty") told him to. "You don't need a reason to help people Baku get his rocks off."
    Zidane's reason for helping Garnet was clear - he thought she was pretty, and believed he could score by doing favours for her. Yay for Mr Morality.

It took a very long time before Zidane actually started doing "the right thing" just because it was morally right to do so. The rest of the time, he struts around the place, hypocritically condemning the behaviour of others (e.g. Steiner, Amarant) who are fighting for what they believe is right.

Do you ever wonder how many people became seriously depressed after getting mugged at knifepoint by that self-serving baboon? What he did to Amarant is a clear indication of how little other people's lives mean to him.
    So where's the fascinating in-depth debate over this? Honestly, people. Show some Final Fantasy 9 love.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Uh . . . when was the last time you played this game?

. . . and no. He's definitely not a warrior. He's a selfish, self-serving felon with a wandering eye and sticky fingers.

Sure, he like his gang, he likes Garnet, Vivi, Steiner (sort of) and the rest . . . but he tries to change them all and make them as laidback as he is. To totally disregard the laws and values of society so they can have a bit more fun.

He's a deviant, not a warrior. His "What's That!?" skill should prove to you how dishonorable he can be in battle.
    This was great up until the last line. A true warrior knows that you don't have to be any more honorable than your opponents, and that you never fight fair. Fighting fair=fighting stupid. A true warrior grabs whatever advantage he can, whether it's distracting the opponent or kicking them in the knadgers. You don't bicker about chivalry when someone's trying to kill you. About the only line that shouldn't be crossed is involving innocents in the battle. Anything else is free game. The monsters wouldn't hesitate to stab you in the back, and if you are too "honorable" to do the same, you're an idiot.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    he's a monkey.
    monkey------>human------->theif-------->warrior

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Monkey/human/theif/warrior

Thier i fixed your statement a little GunBlade

no i mean he goes from a little monkey to a theif to human-like to a being true warrior
    who fights for others

i da ken mabye