Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rufus SPOILERS!!!!!!!! Enter at your own risk.

yeah, so if he is the guy in the wheel chair, thats why he wears that cape because hes got horribly bad burns from being blown up...

OMGZ IM BACK!1!!11!

and possibly geostigma.

Thank you Hysterian!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Tseng, however, was still talking when you use the key in the Temple of the Ancients. We don't know if he died or if he was sucked into the Black Materia during its forming. His fate is yet another unknown. No one in the game ever mentioned whether Tseng died.
    Elena implies fairly heavily that Tseng died when she confronts Cloud at Icicle Inn.

Elena: Cloud... huff... wheeze. I won't let you go any further!

Cloud: What's down there?

Elena: It's a SE-CR-ET. It really doesn't matter! But you really got guts doin'
    my boss in like that!

Cloud: You mean Boss...... Tseng? That wasn't us. Sephiroth did it.

Elena: No! Don't think you can fool me, liar!

Cloud: I'm not lying... it was Sephiroth.

Elena: Don't try to act innocent. I'll never forget it!!

Cloud: Oh, man...

Elena: Looks like talking alone won't cut it. You're going to have to feel some
    pain!
    The fact that Tseng doesn't appear for the rest of the game also supports the supposition that he died. It's not impossible for SE to bring him back, but, unless they do, his fate is fairly apparent.

I don't remember any clear indication as to whether Scarlet and Heidegger were actually obliterated in the destruction of the Proud Clod. I'll have to play to that point again to verify.
    We don't actually see them die, although it's a logical assumption given the power of the blast that marked the end of the Proud Clod.

Here's a possibility one might not consider. The marines on the initial sub you steal to shoot down the Huge Materia bearing sub. The crew is the same that marched alongside Cloud during the presidential reception parade. Since killing them is a choice left to the player, their deaths are not guaranteed. Since Cloud's own name is not guaranteed to be chosen by the player, there is a strong possibility that the sub crew could return in future FF7 sequels if Square should deem it so.
    This is somewhat similar to, say, (Metal Gear Solid Spoiler ahead) (SPOILER)Metal Gear Solid, where the player's actions determine whether Meryl lives or dies. Meryl will be back for MGS4, showing that her survival was the intended outcome. The sub crew is probably too insignificant to be mentioned either way, but I would suspect that SE leaves them alive if the issue is addressed.

It's been a long time since I fought Hojo, so I don't recall exactly what happened to him. I'll have to play to that point again to verify.
    Given that Hojo completely disappeared from atop the Sister Ray, and that the battle graphics depict him being "destroyed" (as opposed to escaping, as we often saw with the Turks), it's safe to assume that he died. As in other cases, it's not impossible for him to be brought back, but until he is it's correct to speak of him as having died.

Dyne leapt off a ravine into . . . nobody knows. There's more of a chance he survived that fall (given his previous fall into nothingness *geez* what a climax), than there is that Zack survived being shot over and over again.
    Again, Dyne should be assumed dead until he actually returns, although his return would surprise me less than that of any other apparently deceased character.

mm1600 got around to saying what I wanted before I did. But Mercen-X and he have got it straight.

Whats Geostigma?

Thets all here a woot for cloud........"woot"

FREEKING QUEER!

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah. That guy was way better than that wuss cloud. RIP...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Lionheart
    Whats Geostigma?
    Advent Children (SPOILER)Basically, Geostigma is the side effects of the internal conflict between a Gaian's Spirit Energy and JENOVA cells. This conflict can result in a number of health issues, including fatigue, open wounds, and even death.

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    Tseng
    Elena implies fairly heavily that Tseng died when she confronts Cloud at Icicle Inn.

The fact that Tseng doesn't appear for the rest of the game also supports the supposition that he died. It's not impossible for SE to bring him back, but, unless they do, his fate is fairly apparent.
    Scarlet and Heidegger
    We don't actually see them die, although it's a logical assumption given the power of the blast that marked the end of the Proud Clod.
    sub crew
    The sub crew is probably too insignificant to be mentioned either way, but I would suspect that SE leaves them alive if the issue is addressed.
    Hojo
    Given that Hojo completely disappeared from atop the Sister Ray, it's safe to assume that he died.
    Dyne
    Dyne should be assumed dead until he actually returns.
    Did you know the Proud Clod was going to be called Proud Clad? I think that sounds better.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 08-25-2005 at 09:02 AM.

yeah that'd be pretty chill.

Thank you Hysterian!

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyjunkie
    I just got to the part where Rufus died. That dude died like a man. I liked the way he faced the end.
    Congrats!!! Job well done!!! Only 57 more hours to go!!!

I just got to the part where Rufus died. That dude died like a man. I liked the way he faced the end.
    Uh . . . dude, he saw a huge ray from Diamond heading straight for his office, what was he supposed to do, jump out the window? He didn't face his death like a man, he ducked behind his desk.(SPOILER)

. . . and he's not dead . . . he's in Advent Children.
    i agree hes a chicken he attacked the dam thing thinking he could beat it then in the end he gets destoryed by it its his own fault and he couldent even face death he hid from it

The constapation sensation is gripping the nation

Quote Originally Posted by 18p
    Uh . . . dude, he saw a huge ray from Diamond heading straight for his office, what was he supposed to do, jump out the window? He didn't face his death like a man, he ducked behind his desk.(SPOILER)

. . . and he's not dead . . . he's in Advent Children.
    i agree hes a chicken he attacked the dam thing thinking he could beat it then in the end he gets destoryed by it its his own fault and he couldent even face death he hid from it
    He faught it like a man, no one else did, if it wasnt for him the whole of the FF7 world would have been killed by weapon. And although he was one of my fave characters i think they should have let him die there and then.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Did you know the Proud Clod was going to be called Proud Clad? I think that sounds better.
    Clad/Clod is just a transliteration ambiguity. As far as I know, there's no way of knowing which one is correct since neither one really makes more sense than the other.

Hey, guys. Specify whether you're posting a FFVII spolier or a FFVII: AC spoiler. I just highlighted some #$^@ that I thought was a FFVII spoiler and whoop! Now I'm a little more enlightened about Advent Children then I'd like to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Share Bear
    Clad/Clod is just a transliteration ambiguity. As far as I know, there's no way of knowing which one is correct since neither one really makes more sense than the other.
    Well, Proud Clod sounds like a dumbass with pride. Proud Clad sounds like a being clad in pride. Like, "leather clad" or "clad in shame." Proud Clad just sounds better to me.