Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Garnet/Dagger name

Default Favorite Garnet/Dagger name

As you know, Garnet/Dagger/Garnet is my favorite character and I was wondering which of her three names was your favorite? I like all of Garnet's names. Garnet is a great name and Dagger is a great name. I always liked Garnet, it sounded very nice and elegant. I liked Dagger a lot, it always had a very good sound to it. It symbolized a change. I liked her real name too. I was wondering which name was your favorite? I like all of Garnet/Dagger's names, so they're equally my favorite. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Garnet! It sounds really nice! ^_^ --not that Dagger and Sarah sound bad of course--

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

I prefer Garnet. Can someone please confirm for me if her real name is Sarah or Sara? I've heard both being used. I do hope its not an Aeris/Aerith scenario.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's Sara as far as I know, but it's translated from Japanese, so I don't see how one can be seen as more accurate than the other.

I always name her Garnet rather than Dagger.

i don't like dagger. or sara. sara is too plain and common, and dagger is just akward lol. dagger sounds like a guys name almost. ima have to go with garnet.

Thank you Hysterian!

Default Favorite Garnet/Dagger name

Dagger is just the most random name that could pop up and it did, what does it translate 2 in japonese?

i liked garnet a lot.
    Sam = Ax = MAS82587 = PedroXC = DistanceRunner = Cloud of SOLDIER

Blog Entries

Garnet is good, but "Dagger" is just plain stupud. Horrible morons, Square that is for giving her that name... ALTHOUGH!

The Jamie Star Scenario The Jamie Star Scenario's Avatar

I named her Cat. It suited her persona perfectly I thought, well when she changed at least.

I though Dagger was a really bad name as well.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Garnet is a really nice name, Dagger is just moronic, and Sara/h....she doesn't look like a Sarah. Plus it's weird having a "regular" name in a fantasy world where everyone else has made-up names.
    --Box Box Box Box

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I liked the name Sara, it was a nice homage to the origins of the series.

I'd suppose that Garnet's view of the dagger was that it embodied her wish to be or become inconspicuous out in the world. Mostly, to me it makes her sound like a gang member and she doesn't look the part. Thus, the term is inappropriate.

Still, I prefer Dagger to Garnet.
    Garnet just sounds like "Darn it."

"Return my Dagger to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm
    Garnet is a really nice name, Daggr is just moronic, and Sara/h....she doesn't look like a Sarah. Plus it's weird having a "regular" name in a fantasy world where everyone else has made-up names.
    dont mean to be a jerk but just because they dont sound like everyday names doesnt mean they are made up

i prefer garnet, but i dont feel that any fit too well

Garnet's real name, as it appears in the game, is Sarah (with the h). eest brings up an important point, though; in matters like these, only phonetics are important. Sara and Sarah are pronounced the same, and various FF games have altered spellings while retaining pronunciation (Boko vs. Boco, Gaia vs. Gaea, and so forth).

As far as the topic goes, I've always liked the name Garnet. Sarah, in recalling princesses from FFI and FFIII, does do a good job of referencing previous FF titles, though.
    Last edited by Masamune·1600; 09-10-2005 at 06:24 AM.

Garnet is a nice name. I dont really like Dagger much and Sara is kind of boring. But not as boring as if it were Sarah. (No offence to all those Sarahs out there. I still love ya)