Thread: Best Relic Combo?

Banned

Default Best Relic Combo?

I just thought about these Relics, and came up with some cool Combos.
    The Relics, as you all know, can be paired in different ways and sometimes end up in amazing results, and Iīve got a bunch of favourites myself, like Dragon Horn + Merit Award, which allows *all* of your characters to Jump with their spears, and you can change the Merit Award for the Genji Glove on Edgar and Mog for some serious brutality.
    Offering + Genji Glove is also pretty good, but it focuses on pure physical Strength, by increasing the numbers of attacks by seven.
    That might be great on paper, especially with the Atma Weapon and Ilumina, but youīve got no defense from Status Ailments whatsoever, making you an easy target for Stop, Confusion and other annoying stuff.
    Same goes for the Jump thing, by the way.

Personally, I think Ribbon + Economizer is one of the best.
    You get complete Status defense and your characters are in theory able to execute 999 Ultimas in a row!
    That means youīre technically able to deal 39 956 004 DMG!
    You can even increase the number with Quick, and deal like 100 000 000 DMG!
    Now THATīS something, donīt you think?

However, I know there are lots of other great Combos out there, like the famous Offering + Thief Glove (Attack AND Steal 4 times) and I just thought you might give some hints?
    I know there are no *perfect* Combos, just like there are no perfect Materia Combos in FF7, but nonetheless, what are your suggestions?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

How about Ribbon + Offerings with Atma Weapon. You will be offering 39996 damage in a row which I mean in one attack done by an individual and you are protected from status aliments.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_18
    However, I know there are lots of other great Combos out there, like the famous Offering + Thief Glove (Attack AND Steal 4 times) and I just thought you might give some hints?
    If you like stealing you can equip Locke with two Thief Knifes, an Offering and a Genji Glove to possibly steal eight times.
    Figaro Castle

Gem Box + Economizer is a classic.

I like the Genji Glove + Dragon Horn idea. But I never found lances or jumps to be that powerful.

Marvel Shoes + Ribbon is good too.

I like Offering + Black Belt. Not only do you attack four times with, obviously, your most powerful weapon, but if somebody attacks you, you do it again. I've been in battles with three or four enemies that I win before I even take a turn.

Of course there's always Gem Box + Economizer. The theory being, if you have somebody that can cast two spells for two MP, or six spells for six MP if they cast Quick, you don't have to worry about staying in battle long enough to get a status ailment. If you do, you need some practice.

For Umaro, especially in the Coliseum, I usually go with a Gaunlet and Running Shoes, or Marvel Shoes, or if he needs status protection, Ribbon.

Here's something. Gauntlet lets you use both hands on a weapon, and greatly increases your damage, correct? Whereas Genji Glove allows you to put a weapon in each hand, slightly decreasing their damage, but allowing you to attack twice. If you were to equip and Gauntlet and a Genji Glove, would you use two weapons, with extra power on both of 'em? Might be something to try.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    I like Offering + Black Belt. Not only do you attack four times with, obviously, your most powerful weapon, but if somebody attacks you, you do it again. I've been in battles with three or four enemies that I win before I even take a turn.

Of course there's always Gem Box + Economizer. The theory being, if you have somebody that can cast two spells for two MP, or six spells for six MP if they cast Quick, you don't have to worry about staying in battle long enough to get a status ailment. If you do, you need some practice.

For Umaro, especially in the Coliseum, I usually go with a Gaunlet and Running Shoes, or Marvel Shoes, or if he needs status protection, Ribbon.

Here's something. Gauntlet lets you use both hands on a weapon, and greatly increases your damage, correct? Whereas Genji Glove allows you to put a weapon in each hand, slightly decreasing their damage, but allowing you to attack twice. If you were to equip and Gauntlet and a Genji Glove, would you use two weapons, with extra power on both of 'em? Might be something to try.
    Well yeah, in theory, thatīs a great idea, but I donīt think it works; I think I tried it a while ago, and I donīt remember any success.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Offering and Genji Gloves with Atma Weapon.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Moogle Charm + Moogle

Seriously though, being able to cancel random encounters at will is one of the best abilities in the game.