Thread: Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Default Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

Is it any good? It's one of the highest rated animes on Animenfo.com, but
    it seems corny as hell. I've watched one episode and it just looks like
    crap, but everything I've read says it's one of the best animes around.
    Anyone seen it who can comment?

.opt

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

This is one of the best animes I have seen. Particually in the Drama Genre. I generally refuse to watch such stuff. But I watched and enjoyed it to no end.

Be forewarned that anime is slow. And it is all about character and learning the character. Since I don't watch much drama I can't say how like it is. But to the drama I have seen kimi has

-more realistic characters(though they are somewhat cliched they do have thier faults)
    -more realistic drama much of the time(it ain't all over dramatized)
    -good music.. gotta love the soundtrack
    -and well the characters... I haven't seen anything like them.. they feel realer then other shows. I connected more with these "fake" characters then any hollywood movie character.

This is the type of anime that you'll either love or hate. I see little middle ground when I run polls on it.

The story is somewhat cliched but it feels more real then others that I have watched. I will admit I cryed during this anime.. and that is something that few "tv shows" can do.

However, the game compared to the anime is far better from what I have read. Course it is one of those "hentai" dating sims.. but hey so what it has good good story.

Good luck, I would recomend it.. heck if you can get the game as well go for it so that I can ask you what it is like.

Oh yes the first episode is your standard corney romance type drama. I hated the first episode for the most part. The second is far better.. and it just gets better.. though it is slow.

edit- I am biased though.. heck My winamp is skinned to the game and I keep lookign for a good wallpaper of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien to use. Unfortunately they are either A) too skimpy/sexual for my taste or b) i don't like it as much as my current BG. The search continues!
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 08-24-2005 at 02:43 AM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nah, it's not corny. There was one part--and you'll know what I'm talking about when you get there--where I was just like "WTF r u seriously??" I thought it was really good.

Haha, well the fact that your biased doesn't do any harm to your post,
    in fact it simply means that you enjoyed the anime that much more. I
    could definitely use a break from action animes, so if what you say is
    true this should be awesome. Thanks for the reply, man.

.opt

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

No problem.. but I must stress not to go into expecting a fast paced action or comedy show. Kimi is a slow paced drama. Most people I have talked to that disliked it went in expecting it to be quick paced. It does take some patience.. and once it gets serious there is still some comedy(badly used acording to some, but I liked it.. too serious otherwise.. needs some humour.. in fact it makes it more realistic.. even if bad things happen there is still some good in life so therefor even if life is really serious some humour is still there) so it aint' all seriousness and no play.. but that is just siddish stuff. Don't expect it to be there all the time.

Course I imagine you already know that going in with a wrong mind set is not beneficial.. but I would just hate for you to have a bad experience with this anime due to something so trivial. Also since it is a drama I didn't bother putting the fact that something bad/serious will happen in it.. it is a drama afterall.. I hope I didn't ruin it for ya :P

Edit- Btw I want to hear what you think of it, though since it seems so few have seen this here it isn't like we could get too big of a discusion up . I have seen some lengthy debates about issues in this anime though.. so who knows.. maybe something could be done.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 08-24-2005 at 09:26 AM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!