Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sequel to Final Fantasy IX

Default sequel to Final Fantasy IX

I'd like to see Square-Enix make a sequel to FF IX. All characters should come back,but looking older. Vivi and Eiko are teenagers,Zidane and Garnet are a family with a small baby. Freya is pregnant with Fratley's child. Steiner and Beatrix are married. These are some of the changes I can think of.

I don't think so. There are some things that are better left alone, I think FFIX is one of them. I think the way it ended was really good, if not perfect. (Though it's been a while since I last saw the ending, from what I remember, I don't think it should be changed at all)

The feeling it gives you... I can't really describe it. I guess it's been to long. But, if they would come out with a sequel, I think it would ruin a lot of things.
    [center]
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    (SPOILER)You beat Necron, Zidane talks with Kuja, the party leaves. Months later, another play is being held in Alexandria. Eiko bugs Vivi like they're a couple and they are followed by other little black mages. I don't remember what was the goings on for Freya, Amarant, or Quina. Princess Garnet, I guess, is now Queen Garnet. Zidane is in the play though no one yet knows. He reveals himself, saying "Return my Dagger to me!" or whatever you chose as Garnet's name. She then rushes down (Steiner and Beatrix fake reluctance then let her through) to where he is and they are happily reunited. *romanced sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Digi-Chocobo Mage
    I'd like to see Square-Enix make a sequel to FF IX. All characters should come back,but looking older. Vivi and Eiko are teenagers,Zidane and Garnet are a family with a small baby. Freya is pregnant with Fratley's child. Steiner and Beatrix are married. These are some of the changes I can think of.
    Final Fantasy IX-1/2. Vivi (aged 16) is the main character and he looks awesome. Still can't see the creep's face. Eiko's his girlfriend and they are . . . treasure hunters! Zidane and Queen Garnet (no Zidane is not king, it doesn't work that way) have a little . . . girl! Her name is Sara Tribal. Sara is obviously younger than Vivi but ends up treasure hunting with him and Eiko. Steiner and Beatrix . . . married . . . had a kid, Adelai, and were assassinated by some new dark lord. Fratley never remembers Freya, his amnesia caused by a terminal illness that claims his life. Freya passes later of depression. Quina accidentally bit himself one day while cooking. He found that he tasted so delectable that he began to chop himself up and cook himself until he only had one arm left and barely any flesh. He is now in the care of fellow Qus who are the only barrier between him and certain death by self-ingestion.
    this is a joke right

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

I would say so.
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Actually, any premise for a sequel that includes Vivi is flawed. It is important, obviously, to note that (SPOILER)Vivi dies at some point after the battle with Necron, but before the actual ending. The dialogue taking place during the ending is actually split between Vivi and Mikoto; Mikoto is the first speaker, Vivi the second. Vivi's final lines:

"I'm so happy I met everyone... I wish we could've gone on more adventures. But I guess we all have to say goodbye someday. Everyone... Thank you. Farewell. My memories will be part of the sky..."

...hint directly at the fact that he has stopped functioning; the fact that he does not appear during the final play scene, even though his "sons" are present, also attests to this. The inevitability of Vivi's death is further suggested by a conversation with Black Mage No. 288, whose response to Vivi's hesitant question concerning "stopping" is shown as extended ellipses.

In any case, I'd question the decision to make an FFIX-2 for the same reason I would question a decision to make an FFVIII-2; the endings in both cases effectively tie up loose ends, and (save for the above spoiler) are generally happy. This contrasts with, say, FFVII, where the ending is much more ambiguous (hence the Compilation). If SE were able to avoid the pitfalls inherent in these situations, however, I wouldn't have a problem with the choice.

i wonder if there is any topic that isnt repeated

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Masamune1600 covered what I was planning to say, Vivi died. Besides, FFIX was perhaps the (newer) FF game with the fewest loose ends, I don't see why it should have a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by princevodlac
    this is a joke right
    Very observant, little one. Here's your cookie. EAT IT!

I didn't get that part of the ending. It looked like Mikoto was talking, but I had no idea Vivi was talking. Sheesh, they should have told you who it was.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The ending wraps things up pretty nice unless they altered the ending to Zidane never come back and the FMV is all but a dream.

Then Garnet go search for him with Eiko and Quina which made the GEQ?

Frankly speaking, there isn't there much of a sequels since one of the reasons is that FF IX is a tribute to past FF games which a lot of crossovers here and there. Some might even think FF IX is sequel to FF I.

I wouldnt mind a sequel
    But definatly not one like yours
    Zidane and Garnet ? Baby ?
    I mean the Lulu and Wakka thing was bad enough for me.......
    But anywayz, I'd like to see a sequel focusing more on Garnet
    But not like what they did to Yuna...........

it would be nice

I think it would be nice to have a sequel for ff9 but didn't Vivi die?
    i mean only having his sons going to the play at the end it gave me the impresion that he died
    Last edited by loza; 08-27-2005 at 07:59 AM.

Well, actually, I remember when I beat Necron, he said stuff when he was dying, and it made me think, "SEQUEL!" So maybe he's like SIN in that he revives himself.

As long as they wouldn't change anybody characters, then that's fine. Also, Vivi's kids could be playable or some kinda summon since they can't have you playing as Vivi. Or, they could have Beatrix as a playable character, I mean, more than a guest. I dunno. Going to Gaia's other moon would be cool since it's still there, I think.

Default Vivi's age

On every Charcter info site, (incuding this one) it's says Vivi is 9 years old... But didn't No.288 say that all blackmages stop functioning a year after production?

Name: Valacion
    Server: Kujuta
    Job: BLM51/WHM23, Gimped, I know
    Home City: Bastok-I regret it

Thanks Lushs for the Sig and Avatar!!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The older version of black mage had a longer lifespan which Vivi happen to be one.